Arrma Kraton 8s diff fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medinar83

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Sorry If this question has been asked, do you guys know if the new Kraton 8S come with 20mill diff fluid? I have the newest version with the DX3 transmitter, I had an early 1.5 a few months ago which did not

Attachments

• 20200721_194905.jpg
    20200721_194905.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 97
Min had a separate small paper in with it stating it had 20mil diff fluid and punch 5 setting on esc. It also had the dx3 radio so I would think yours does.

Mine did not have 20 million and it’s the V2 or whatever you want to call it. Only one way to find out.....

Not sure tbh. Mines the v1.5 that came with the updated chassis bracing and I just opened up the diff yesterday to do the earplug mod and mine was filled with 1mill weight fluid. These things are kinda all over the place and there's no way to know for certain. Only way to know is to open it up.....

I opened mine up to put 20m CST in and the stock fluid was pretty gummy. So gummy in fact that I literally picked it all out with a curet and put the 20m in. Does anyone think that was stock 20m or was that 1m?

I was under the impression these came with 1m in the center, but I’m not sure what that looks like or should look like.

You guys will know for sure if you had 1M vs. 20M! 1M will get all over your hands and fingers, 20M feels like putty and will not drip, run or spill out.

Some of the stock 20M rigs outa the box do not have enough 20M. I should say MOST! You really need to pack 20M in the diff and in some cases run it hard then remove the diff and pack in more. 20M splits up into little fragmented pieces and sprays outward with diff action. You'd need to fill the void in the middle when you re-open it.

You guys will know for sure if you had 1M vs. 20M! 1M will get all over your hands and fingers, 20M feels like putty and will not drip, run or spill out.

Some of the stock 20M rigs outa the box do not have enough 20M. I should say MOST! You really need to pack 20M in the diff and in some cases run it hard then remove the diff and pack in more. 20M splits up into little fragmented pieces and sprays outward with diff action. You'd need to fill the void in the middle when you re-open it.

i def has 20m then. That’s interesting. Thanks for the heads up on repacking. I’ll take a look at the guts this weekend

Found this in the manual

Attachments

• 20200723_085009.jpg
    20200723_085009.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 308
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back