Arrma kraton 8s esc problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie Arrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
When l start up my kraton 8s l get a blink red light on top of the esc. I have no throttle and steering. I bind the receiver to the transmitter and still no throttle and steering. Hope some one can help me out or link a YouTube video. Thank you

When l start up my kraton 8s l get a blink red light on top of the esc. I have no throttle and steering. I bind the receiver to the transmitter and still no throttle and steering. Hope some one can help me out or link a YouTube video. Thank you
Check the wire from the ESC to the receiver for any defects. Make sure the ESC is plugged into the receiver in the proper direction.

Check the wire from the ESC to the receiver for any defects. Make sure the ESC is plugged into the receiver in the proper direction.
I check it all out and it fine. Not the wire at all.
I just know the spektrum esc in the kraton are junk anyways. Probably upgrade to a max 5 soon

To rule out the obvious, the blinking red means you’ve reached LVC. You’re sure you have charged batteries in your rig correct?
FWIW, I still have two of those ESC’s and they are working like new a year later albeit in different rigs.

cheers,
kev

To rule out the obvious, the blinking red means you’ve reached LVC. You’re sure you have charged batteries in your rig correct?
FWIW, I still have two of those ESC’s and they are working like new a year later albeit in different rigs.

cheers,
kev
I been use the same batteries in this rig for awhile. It not the batteries

I just had a similar issue with my K8 RTR the other day, but my steering works, and not the throttle. After rebinding and calibration numerous times the ESC would continually blink. I even busted out the Spektrum ESC programming box and upgraded the firmware, which was successful, but didn't solve the issue. Lastly, I decided to swap receivers with a spare one I had and a SR315, and magically, everything worked, so I would highly suggest you try switching receivers.

I just had a similar issue with my K8 RTR the other day, but my steering works, and not the throttle. After rebinding and calibration numerous times the ESC would continually blink. I even busted out the Spektrum ESC programming box and upgraded the firmware, which was successful, but didn't solve the issue. Lastly, I decided to swap receivers with a spare one I had and a SR315, and magically, everything worked, so I would highly suggest you try switching receivers.
Thank you.
I got rid of the spectrum radio systems in my k8s (very first version) and all this kind of stuff stopped happening. The rebranded hobbywing max6 is not junk and mostly very reliable.
Probably my next thing l do with my.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back