ARRMA KRATON 8s wont turn left?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drcuface

Reaction score
Hi
I just had my kraton 8s for a few days and today i noticed when i throttle the car goes right but it wont go left? It will go left once i reverse however whenever it extends or turns right seems like it locks and wont go left? Any help?
Im not sure if its my end points or what? The car locks out to the right and i am not able to turn it back to left or neutral until i hit the reverse and it straightens out then i can turn left to right but once i turn right it locks and cant turn left til i hit reverse to bring it back straight

Last edited:
I had a similar issue after a crash where my pillow balls on one o the arms were too tight. Disconnect the servo and check where the steering is binding.

I had a similar issue after a crash where my pillow balls on one o the arms were too tight. Disconnect the servo and check where the steering is binding.
I didnt crash it at all i just drove it in circles? Then the right side like binding to right and wont turn left.

Also what do you mean disconnect the servo? Like unplug it?

Boy I had something similar happen on my O8S when I first got it and I can’t remember what exactly the issue ended up being, something in the steering linkage. I’m out of town for a few days, but if you don’t get an answer I can take a look and see if I can jog my memory.

Boy I had something similar happen on my O8S when I first got it and I can’t remember what exactly the issue ended up being, something in the steering linkage. I’m out of town for a few days, but if you don’t get an answer I can take a look and see if I can jog my memory.
I literally drove the car slowly in circles and then this happened. Im not sure what to do? It seems to lock to the right and only when its back in neutral it ll turn left . Turns left fine and left to right fine but once it turns right wont go left.

Do you think i need to loosen the pillow ball screws?

I didnt crash it at all i just drove it in circles? Then the right side like binding to right and wont turn left.

Also what do you mean disconnect the servo? Like unplug it?
I mean unscrew the servo from the steering arm.

It should be loose after that. Move the tires back and forth then look to see where it gets tight and possibly what is locking up.

I literally drove the car slowly in circles and then this happened. Im not sure what to do? It seems to lock to the right and only when its back in neutral it ll turn left . Turns left fine and left to right fine but once it turns right wont go left.

Do you think i need to loosen the pillow ball screws?

Yeah I wasn’t doing anything crazy either. In my case it wasn’t the pillow balls. What you are describing sounds more like something binding.

It should be loose after that. Move the tires back and forth then look to see where it gets tight and possibly what is locking up.
Ah cant i just tigheten the screw infront of the pillow ball joints?

Also any reason it would just start to lock up to the right from me driving slowly in circles?
Yeah I wasn’t doing anything crazy either. In my case it wasn’t the pillow balls. What you are describing sounds more like something binding.
Yeah i think something is just binding. Do you think its related to my electronics like the end points just arent right or maybe something stuck in there?

I FOUND THE ISSUE GUYS but idk how to fix it! It looks like the nut that holds the servo together rubbing against the drive shaft? I circled it . Anywayd anyone know how fix it?

I think i need another spacer or something so i can back the screw out?
474CFE93-F4DC-40E4-AD43-CA72F381CB0A.jpeg

The nut is captured in the plastic piece. Either it isnt seated, or you have the wrong screw and it's sticking out the bottom enough to hit the driveshaft

The nut is captured in the plastic piece. Either it isnt seated, or you have the wrong screw and it's sticking out the bottom enough to hit the driveshaft
Yeah i think i got a wrong screw cuz i just got the car. I ended up putting a spacer in

+1
Very first thing to check and rule out Pivot Ball(s) Binding. Out the box, many of these RTR rigs are poory assembled. Not adjusted well.
With use in dirt/ fine clay , PB's will even need adjusting and cleaning out periodically. They can bind up with use over time.

Food for thought:
RTR Stocker 1/6 servo is underpowered. It's Not a True 1/5 scale servo. Consider upgrading it at some point. Need a better one for the K8 as it weighs close to 30+ pounds.:rolleyes:
Think Primal RC servo. (PM1373) When you do.

https://www.primalrc.com/product-prpre005

Last edited:
+1
Very first thing to check and rule out Pivot Ball(s) Binding. Out the box, many of these RTR rigs are poory assembled. Not adjusted well.
With use in dirt/ fine clay , PB's will even need adjusting and cleaning out periodically. They can bind up with use over time.

Food for thought:
RTR Stocker 1/6 servo is underpowered. It's Not a True 1/5 scale servo. Consider upgrading it at some point. Need a better one for the K8 as it weighs close to 30+ pounds.:rolleyes:
Think Primal RC servo. (PM1373) When you do.

https://www.primalrc.com/product-prpre005
Thanks! That’s what i read as well to use primal. What a headache it is right now haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back