Arrma Kraton 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 54551

It's finally here, the new ARRMA Kraton 8s 1/5th scale monster truck and it looks pretty darn cool!

Coming in at nearly 30 inches long, more than 23 inches wide, and 24 pounds the new Kraton 8S is powered by a Spektrum Firma Smart 160a 8s ESC and a Spektrum 1250Kv 4985 brushless motor capable of reaching up to 55 MPH this new 1/5th scale Kraton looks like a blast.

View attachment 54552

Kraton 8s Under the hood

Arrma Kraton 8s 1/5th scale All Hail the King

Now that it's officially announced... who's going to be buying one?
Not at this time of year. In the UK they are nearly 1000 pounds that's lot's of money for your average Jo this time of year what with Christmas on the way. Absolutely brilliant bit of kit though looks like lots of fun ? lovin the smart electronics

Yeah, where’s love man...
It's crazy isn't? Is it a full moon or something? People all angry who got a Kraton 8s and who didn't. I'll admit I did have to go watch that one video and see the ebay stuff, that was kinda cool in a new product announcement video, but still.

I don't know why they would. Every arrma vid of his, he mostly just crashes it over and over till it breaks. Kind if like the old URC durability montages, but without the review. Then ends with, Arrma sux, buy Traxxas!
Na he bought it surely

One thing i can't wrap my head around is that the overall footprint increased 60% from the 6s but the weight increases by %110. I think there are going to be huge graveyards of broken parts.

One thing i can't wrap my head around is that the overall footprint increased 60% from the 6s but the weight increases by %110. I think there are going to be huge graveyards of broken parts.

The margins or scaling aren’t 1:1, they start getting larger the bigger you go.

I knew there was going to be stocker shock,but really what did you expect? A 1/10 scale BRCC is $320. The 1/10 scale Kraton 4s is $400. The 1/8 scale Kraton is $550. The 1/7 scale Infraction is $600. The 1/7 scale Mojave is $630. Here you have a 1/5 scale (granted on the small side of 1/5) and it is retailing for $900. It literally dwarfs the 6s model (see Rich's video for a side by side). The diffs are massive. The A-Arms as massive. The shocks are massive. To expect this truck to be any less is unrealistic. My Losi Super Rock Rey was $800.

It's crazy isn't? Is it a full moon or something? People all angry who got a Kraton 8s and who didn't. I'll admit I did have to go watch that one video and see the ebay stuff, that was kinda cool in a new product announcement video, but still.
I don’t understand it either...

As the Arrma youtubers' team have all received one, i don't care about the others :LOL:. If i have to choose my favorit video, Eric would win the price so far :love:

Let talk about more interesting things than this.

View attachment 54551

It's finally here, the new ARRMA Kraton 8s 1/5th scale monster truck and it looks pretty darn cool!

Coming in at nearly 30 inches long, more than 23 inches wide, and 24 pounds the new Kraton 8S is powered by a Spektrum Firma Smart 160a 8s ESC and a Spektrum 1250Kv 4985 brushless motor capable of reaching up to 55 MPH this new 1/5th scale Kraton looks like a blast.

View attachment 54552

Kraton 8s Under the hood

Arrma Kraton 8s 1/5th scale All Hail the King

Now that it's officially announced... who's going to be buying one?
I'm going to wait until the 1/2th scale, just so I can drive the kids to school in it.

Wow. I mean it's cool and all but, it's just a bigger Kraton... I already have a kraton.

I would've bought a 1/5 buggy though... that would be nuts .

An other one, that's crazy :LOL:

Rich, Eric, Vas, RC Innovation, CCxRC, RC Driver, BigSquidRc, ModelFlight, RC Saylor, KT, are you sure Arrma has released something?

Didn't take kev long to bend that center brace.
2019-1121-Kraton8S-BentCenterBrace-line.jpg

Probably the nose landing where he unplugged one of the xt90's on impact.

Wonder why they went with a multigear trans vs pinion to center diff direct drive. Would have used too small of a pinion or too large of a spur?

The only thing I'm seeing from the pictures that I don't like is the front and rear chassis braces, why they would triple down on the new center brace is beyond me. Interested to see what 8s will do to that.

But someone will make aftermarket fairly soon.

An other one, that's crazy :LOL:

Rich, Eric, Vas, RC Innovation, CCxRC, RC Driver, BigSquidRc, ModelFlight, RC Saylor, KT, are you sure Arrma has released something?
I've enjoyed the ones I've watched so far. I really like RC Driver Online's because he ran it at the track I go to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back