Arrma Kraton 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
kraton-8s.jpg

It's finally here, the new ARRMA Kraton 8s 1/5th scale monster truck and it looks pretty darn cool!

Coming in at nearly 30 inches long, more than 23 inches wide, and 24 pounds the new Kraton 8S is powered by a Spektrum Firma Smart 160a 8s ESC and a Spektrum 1250Kv 4985 brushless motor capable of reaching up to 55 MPH this new 1/5th scale Kraton looks like a blast.

kraton-8s-chassis.jpg

Kraton 8s Under the hood

Arrma Kraton 8s 1/5th scale All Hail the King

Now that it's officially announced... who's going to be buying one?

What about you @WoodiE , you gonna be swooping one!!??
Maybe.

I've been itching for a new 1/5th scale RC for a while, but with the holidays around the corner if I do buy one it wouldn't be until the first of the new year.

Well... At $1,599.99 AUD and probably no availabilty I guess I'll be getting an X-maxx then...

For $899.99 US i won't buy one. Already have a Kraton and love it. Don't need to drop that amount of coin just to get a bigger version that'll be much more expensive to fix.

Besides it's stuck on "order pending" just like the Infraction was and I still can't get one of those from HH...says "Early Dec" which will likely change to "Late Feb" in a couple weeks. It's been "kick the can" for me on the Infraction since September.

Thank you Horizon for helping me save my money, especially during hunting season!! :p

Instant no for me seeing the center "power module" transmission with internal gears.
Plus I'd rather spend my money elsewhere with $140 chassis replacements (guessing based on price of the 1/7 scale) and $160 set of tires a few times a year.

Well I'm already seeing some issues. Shocks use a similar design as the 3s shocks, Arrma why why why would you use a shock design that is known to leak constantly and make it even bigger? Hopefully they figured out how to make them not leak. Plastic shock caps? Plastic shock towers. 0.20 @ 60 seconds at 6v for the servo that is slow.

I do like the chassis bracing thay have going on.

Where's the swb version?

I want one too........ she's a little too pricey for me right now. Around $1500(CAD) all in, taxes included.

Well I'm already seeing some issues. Shocks use a similar design as the 3s shocks, Arrma why why why would you use a shock design that is known to leak constantly and make it even bigger? Hopefully they figured out how to make them not leak. Plastic shock caps? Plastic shock towers. 0.20 @ 60 seconds at 6v for the servo that is slow.

I do like the chassis bracing thay have going on.

Where's the swb version?
Err, how is this like the 3s? Because it uses pistons and springs? They are pretty different to me...

I like the stamped stiffener channels in the chassis. Great idea...

Screenshot_20191121-083109_Dropbox.jpg

Was expecting a better body and different wheels to be fair and a bit more originality just looks too similar to the Kraton, plus its £989 and about another £200 In batteries. Think I'll take the Mojave instead but I will wait until someone has proper running videos

They gave Talbot one??
I don't know why they would. Every arrma vid of his, he mostly just crashes it over and over till it breaks. Kind if like the old URC durability montages, but without the review. Then ends with, Arrma sux, buy Traxxas!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back