Kraton Arrma kraton dead sevo, what did you upgrade yours too?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could try the Trackstar TS-910 from HobbyKing. It has good numbers for a Truggy, metal gears, aluminum case. $35, from HobbyKing.com.

I had one for a bit, but sent it back. I made the mistake of getting spoiled by a 0.08s servo, and the 0.15s trackstar seemed too slow... LOL 6 months ago, I was happy with 0.15s. :(

I use a Savox SC-1230SG Tall Digital Steel Gear Servo.
It's really tall but 499oz/in of torque @ 6v for $70. Works great so far turning Trencher X's.
sav-sa-1230sg.jpg
-Dubbl-A, I purchased a similar servo in size but was unable to connect the servo arm due to the servo being too tall...how did you rig the gap difference from the stock servo? Thanks.

-Dubbl-A, I purchased a similar servo in size but was unable to connect the servo arm due to the servo being too tall...how did you rig the gap difference from the stock servo? Thanks.

I'm using the SA1231sg, same size. I just added an extra nut and longer bolt to the servo saver arm to bridge the gap. Has been working fine.
P_20160913_143017_LL.jpg

Great pic! Thanks for sharing!
I'm assuming you used longer screws to secure the servo to the servo mount too. Or was the metal one you purchased taller as well?

Don't remember for sure, I used the screws that came with the servo I think. The servo mount is the DIY one, there is a thread here on what parts you need.

Im not sure if im willing to pay 100.00 for a servo though. Maybe a savox like the ones above for 70.00. Im thinking about swapping out my mamba monster esc/motor over to the kraton from my traxxas revo 3.3 brushless. :mad:
Was $99 but thats an automatic $14 coupon off + free shipping so 85$ and Im good

Installed a HiTec HS-7955TG 333 / oz pulls my Proline BigJoe2s just fine - solid & water resistant so no baths...the one with 562 / oz was for 1/5 scale - my mistake so I sent back & got this one.
I know this is an old post but I'm thinking about ordering the Hitec 7955. It looks like from the picture you only had to get a 24t arm, is that the only change you had to make for installing? everything was level to the servo saver with stock nuts and bolts?

Thanks

how critical is it to have the servo saver at the same level as the horn if upgrading to a savox, should i measure the increase and then use an appropriate bolt or several washers to be precise?

also in regards to torque vs speed does at which point are the gains negligible?

i am trying to decide between 0.14 sec/444.4 vs 0.16 sec/500

how critical is it to have the servo saver at the same level as the horn if upgrading to a savox, should i measure the increase and then use an appropriate bolt or several washers to be precise?

also in regards to torque vs speed does at which point are the gains negligible?

20171117_062656.jpg

If one side is low raise the other!

Unless you are racing your car, the difference in 2/100ths of a second is not even perceptible. However 55oz of torque is. Especially if you decide to use some BIG tires or are bashing through tall grass or deeper mud/sand. If I were doing my servo over again, I would not choose waterproof or speed over torque. Don't get me wrong, you don't want a 2 second 2000 oz servo. But .16 and 500 OZ should be perfectly fine to make any of us bashers happy.

Oh k yea im an aggressive basher so extra torque it is :) Prob wait till BF or CM in case there are any sales

Unless you are racing your car, the difference in 2/100ths of a second is not even perceptible. However 55oz of torque is. Especially if you decide to use some BIG tires or are bashing through tall grass or deeper mud/sand. If I were doing my servo over again, I would not choose waterproof or speed over torque. Don't get me wrong, you don't want a 2 second 2000 oz servo. But .16 and 500 OZ should be perfectly fine to make any of us bashers happy.

Personally, I'd argue it the other way. Will you really notice an extra 50oz inches, when 444 is already a LOT? On the other hand, I feel the difference between my .12 and my .15 servos easy when sliding around corners, trying to go lock to lock for countersteering. Both servos have very good power, so I would want the faster of the two.

But then, everyone is different. :)

You could try the Trackstar TS-910 from HobbyKing. It has good numbers for a Truggy, metal gears, aluminum case. $35, from HobbyKing.com.

I had one for a bit, but sent it back. I made the mistake of getting spoiled by a 0.08s servo, and the 0.15s trackstar seemed too slow... LOL 6 months ago, I was happy with 0.15s. :(
I made this post a year ago, and I am quoting myself here just to make a point - I used to buy 0.15 servos, till I started buying .12 servos, now I try to only buy 0.10 servos. I can always feel a faster servo. However, once you have "enough" torque, adding more really does not make a difference.

Last edited:
Looking at the stock servo the specs, so i probably wouldnt want to have less than stock speed

Torque – ADS-15M: 15kg/cm (208oz/inch) at 7.2V

Speed – 0.16 sec/0.14 sec 6V/7.2V

I have the original kraton and i had about 4 servos warrantied within 6 mths or so, i was mostly driving on the street or in mowed grass

Are the stocks just bad or was it something else? The only other thing that went bad was the motor and that was warrantied as well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back