Kraton Arrma kraton dead sevo, what did you upgrade yours too?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey all,
I blew my arrma kraton steering servo this past weekend and i was wondering what are you guys running in your kraton? Any suggestions? By the way is there any warranty on the steering servo? I believe my kraton is still under warranty only 1 year old.
Thanks.

I just ordered my Kraton V2. I ordered a T-bone wheelie bar & front bumper. I also ordered a HITec servo. It's a D845WP.
562lbs / oz. monster torque. Overkill ? Maybe but I have 277/oz CYS on my Nero and a nice savox 1230 on my TRMT8e. I plan on getting some Proline big joes for the Kraton and those tires are massive so I figured no such thing as too much torque.

Last edited:
I use a Savox SC-1230SG Tall Digital Steel Gear Servo.
It's really tall but 499oz/in of torque @ 6v for $70. Works great so far turning Trencher X's.
sav-sa-1230sg.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions guys ill look into those servos.
Just spoke with a lady at hobbico product support too so hopefully i can find my old receipt and email it for my servo warranty.

I use a Savox SC-1230SG Tall Digital Steel Gear Servo.
It's really tall but 499oz/in of torque @ 6v for $70. Works great so far turning Trencher X's.
sav-sa-1230sg.jpg
Hey Dub - This will be my first crazy torque servo - tell me about the difference in handling with say - the stock dBoots? Just wondering - I want these Big Joes but will not use em all the time - Im really getting them just for the snow to be honest.

Hey Dub - This will be my first crazy torque servo - tell me about the difference in handling with say - the stock dBoots? Just wondering - I want these Big Joes but will not use em all the time - Im really getting them just for the snow to be honest.

Well, the increased torque is what I first noticed. It can crank the front end from side to side with much more ease. You'll have to adjust your endpoints accordingly as you don't want it over cranking with all that power. But keep in mind if you were to purchase this servo, it is very tall and will require slightly longer M3 hardware and possibly wider spacers to mount it to the stock servo mount. But really no big deal.

I use a Savox 1283, high torque and fits perfecty.
Trout - I have a Savox 1283 in my other TRMT8E MT - works great and pulls my 6'5 tall tires. I just got a Kraton and was looking around and the tech folks at Tower told me that they don't stock Savox because they had concerns about the power balance on the voltage. went on and on about how it ruins most ESCs after twenty battery packs .. I was stunned. Never heard that before and my LHS stocks Savox for all sizes unto 1/5th scale. After all of that they said to make sure to watch your voltage? I think or watch your overall power levels in the ESC? All i was thinking was - I guess Savox didn't meet Towers terms on a business level. Who knows...whats ironic though is my TRMT runs fine but one thing - recently its been cutting off the throttle - almost like the low voltage cut off but the batteries are fresh - very strange.Makes it un drivable - Ive reset the ESC (Esc is hobby wing Max8 Combo) and nothing.

Trout - I have a Savox 1283 in my other TRMT8E MT - works great and pulls my 6'5 tall tires. I just got a Kraton and was looking around and the tech folks at Tower told me that they don't stock Savox because they had concerns about the power balance on the voltage. went on and on about how it ruins most ESCs after twenty battery packs .. I was stunned. Never heard that before and my LHS stocks Savox for all sizes unto 1/5th scale. After all of that they said to make sure to watch your voltage? I think or watch your overall power levels in the ESC? All i was thinking was - I guess Savox didn't meet Towers terms on a business level. Who knows...whats ironic though is my TRMT runs fine but one thing - recently its been cutting off the throttle - almost like the low voltage cut off but the batteries are fresh - very strange.Makes it un drivable - Ive reset the ESC (Esc is hobby wing Max8 Combo) and nothing.

I frequently hear of Savox issues with Castle ESC's, but not many others. And it seems the Castle ESC BEC issue is not limited to Savox.

Hey guys, after making a claim for my servo warranty it arrived and when i tried to install this is what im getting, seems the esc is weak or something is not connect right. Please help.
Thanks.

Yeah, that is odd. The way the ESC fan is bouncing up and down, with the motor clicking is definitely not right.

If you unplug the servo, does the ESC fan smooth out? If yes, then they sent you a bad servo. If no, send that vid to Arrma, and maybe they will warranty the BLX180 and send you a new ESC.

Jerry, yes when i unplug the servo plug the fan works well and nothing clicking all seems to be working fine, but when i plug the servo back in the esc gets all bouncy as seen on the video.

OK. Is the servo doing anything? Center the servo output and power it on, does the servo run to lock right away? Can you turn the servo by hand, with a servo horn installed?

I am guessing the servo is trying rotate, failing, and overloading the BEC - which resets the ESC (motor clicks) - which resets the servo, cycle repeats. Or maybe something else completely... LOL

But sounds like the servo is bad.

There is no rotation on the servo at all when plugged, the esc just goes nuts. But i plugged in my traxxas revo servo with using the arrma kraton reciever the servo on the revo works fine. I wrote back to hobbico product support to maybe exchange for another one so well see.

Installed a HiTec HS-7955TG 333 / oz pulls my Proline BigJoe2s just fine - solid & water resistant so no baths...the one with 562 / oz was for 1/5 scale - my mistake so I sent back & got this one.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Im not sure if im willing to pay 100.00 for a servo though. Maybe a savox like the ones above for 70.00. Im thinking about swapping out my mamba monster esc/motor over to the kraton from my traxxas revo 3.3 brushless. :mad:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back