Kraton Arrma kraton diff bulkheads discontinued! Options besides Hot Racing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, I broke the rear a arm bridges and tore the screws out of the diff bulkhead. I found some upgrade a arm bridges (no name brand for $20) nice and beefy tho, the diff bulkheads are no longer made! I was wondering how people like the hot racing one, and if there are any other options. I am curious as to why arrma discontinued this part, more infuriated than curious! Still pretty pissed about the traxxas lawsuit, and this may very well be the reason as to why I cannot get this part!!

*To be clear I don't hate traxxas, just not too happy with them right now, I'm an arrma and axial fan*

Thanks
-Spence

Last edited:
Thanks guys, exactly what I was looking for:) So the v3 diff bulkheads will fit too?

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say they will fit both the V1 and V2 vintage Kratons. I would simply call or email Arrma and verify.

I have a V2 Senton and most the parts from the V3 will directly bolt onto my truck. I would assume the same for the Kraton, but I'd call and verify.

Good luck,

EndUser

I had the same issue with my rear gear box being that I have a Kraton V2. Just a new part number. New one fit perfectly.

...the diff bulkheads are no longer made! I was wondering how people like the hot racing one, and if there are any other options...

Thanks
-Spence

Hi Spence, Although you have now found out that the V3 diff case works, I wanted to mention an available aluminum diff case besides Hot Racing. It is the GPM MAK012. https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-krat...ar-gear-box-25-pcs-set-gpm-mak012-p-9312.html I do not have one, nor do I have the one from Hot Racing. However, I'm ready for one and trying to decide which one. In researching them, I was kind of bummed that the HR unit uses the stock plastic back. The case from GPM is their own design: A 2-piece all-alloy case. Unlike the HR case, the one from GPM uses the stock bearing. However, that is not really a problem area on the Kraton. So far, I have received feedback from one Youtuber who has the GPM case on his Kraton and loves how it fits.

Hi Spence, Although you have now found out that the V3 diff case works, I wanted to mention an available aluminum diff case besides Hot Racing. It is the GPM MAK012. https://www.gpmparts.com/arrma-krat...ar-gear-box-25-pcs-set-gpm-mak012-p-9312.html I do not have one, nor do I have the one from Hot Racing. However, I'm ready for one and trying to decide which one. In researching them, I was kind of bummed that the HR unit uses the stock plastic back. The case from GPM is their own design: A 2-piece all-alloy case. Unlike the HR case, the one from GPM uses the stock bearing. However, that is not really a problem area on the Kraton. So far, I have received feedback from one Youtuber who has the GPM case on his Kraton and loves how it fits.
GPM aluminum is kind of iffy. Think Integy quality.

GPM aluminum is kind of iffy. Think Integy quality.

I believe that GPM is a bit better than Integy. As with Hot Racing, some GPM parts are good while others are not. It's just that the percentage of "not good" is higher with GPM than it is with HR. It's on a part-by-part basis. That's why I am specifically asking about the GPM diff case. So far, I've had one positive endorsement. I hope it was without bias, but you never know. That's why I'm asking for additional info. If nobody here has a GPM diff case, then that's the end of that on this forum. However, on the outside chance that someone does, I'd like their feedback whether positive or negative. I like to think I have an open mind. But then, I like to think a LOT of things that may or may not be real. o_O

I believe that GPM is a bit better than Integy. As with Hot Racing, some GPM parts are good while others are not. It's just that the percentage of "not good" is higher with GPM than it is with HR. It's on a part-by-part basis. That's why I am specifically asking about the GPM diff case. So far, I've had one positive endorsement. I hope it was without bias, but you never know. That's why I'm asking for additional info. If nobody here has a GPM diff case, then that's the end of that on this forum. However, on the outside chance that someone does, I'd like their feedback whether positive or negative. I like to think I have an open mind. But then, I like to think a LOT of things that may or may not be real. o_O
GPM was a go to back in the day with savage diff cases before the savage-X came around with the better designed diff case. Them and dynamite were on par with each other. However, the screws that come with it do suck and I'd suggest getting some good black oxide screws instead.

My Senton BLX has been a test sled for both HR and GPM products and with the exception of finish the GPM products have certainly held thier own compared to the HR components. In fact, they are compatible with each other indicating both companies are explicitly honoring the arrma design specifications. The GPM parts have proven to be very durable for the value. I have the HR bulkheads, but knowing what I know now about GPM would be pretty confident their bulkheads would be just fine.

Good luck,

EndUser

My Senton BLX has been a test sled for both HR and GPM products and with the exception of finish the GPM products have certainly held thier own compared to the HR components. In fact, they are compatible with each other indicating both companies are explicitly honoring the arrma design specifications. The GPM parts have proven to be very durable for the value. I have the HR bulkheads, but knowing what I know now about GPM would be pretty confident their bulkheads would be just fine.

Good luck,

EndUser

Now that is some really good feedback based on actual use and experience. Thanks!

I do not have the aluminum bulkheads, but I have been running the 5 GPM aluminum suspension mounts on my Kraton for several months and they are holding up pretty well so far :cool:. I would buy those again. I've also bought the GPM aluminum steering bellcrank but still have to install it, when my HR one starts to wear... ;) Some other GPM parts for the Kraton I would never buy because they look so weak or because other users have reported quality or fitment issues about them...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back