Kraton Arrma Kraton Diff Fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got some 100k diff for the center. I wanted my truck to wheelie good but not too much. I also slaped some proline badlands on for traction. I want to be able to bash and have fun. What do you think my rear diff fluid should be? Could I put 10k(same as outcast) or something thinner or thicker? And should my front diff fluid be different than my rear? I know its a lot of questions but i need some help.

The front should be a little heavier than the rear in my opinion. Center diff heaviest. I’m doing 50k rear, 20mil center, and 125k for front. Good for drifting and beasting out of corners w out flipping or rolling.

I actually had 50k in the rear, 50k in the front and 100k in the center. It wheelied waaaay too much(standing backflip on 4s). That murdered my rear diff.

My goto setup 500k center, 50k frt&rear.
More wheelie action would be 30k in the rear.

Everything else per above will work as well, you want the center almost locking and the rear should get the lower value if you have frt/rear different.
Power goes to the lowest resistance first.
Too much wheelie action, on a Kraton, will cause diff issues.

Above is for 6S.

I actually had 50k in the rear, 50k in the front and 100k in the center. It wheelied waaaay too much(standing backflip on 4s). That murdered my rear diff.
If 100k in the center was too much wheelie, which is the stock fluid, then you need to use a lower punch.

Ya I’ll def lower the punch. Would like 10k or 20k in the rear and then like 20k or 30k in the front work? I’d like to keep the 100k in the center.
Or 10k in front and rear(cheaper cuz I don’t have to buy 2 types)

How does the rear diff fluid affect how wheelie prone the truck is? I never knew that and would like to understand it.

You can mix fluids. It's not linear, so find a viscosity calculator online (for example, equal parts 10k and 20k don't make 15k).

jkflow, why would slightly less viscous oil in the rear cause more wheelie action?

Thoughts?
Honestly, if $8.99 for another weight diff fluid is an issue then you are in the wrong hobby ?

I'd do heavier in the front. Depending on the vehicle I like 20k rear/30k front or 30k rear/50k front.

Lol yup I’m cheap. I could get the 20k and 30k. I already have some 50k so Ill be able to mess around with it. Thanks for the help guys!

Ok, misread and 100k is stock in the Talion center which is what I'm working on today..mind is playing tricks today.
Kraton is 10k stock as you stated.

is that stock for kraton v4 I have v3 so I didn’t know lol(v3 is 10,000k in all 3 diffs big oof)
You do not want to put 10k in the center. Trust me on that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back