Kraton Arrma Kraton diff oils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running Trencher x 3.8 motor and ESC are stock, the motor does not get to be too hot,it has never gone into protection mode. I will try the 15t though and see how it does..
Nice, would you suggest the X's over the normal Trenchers? I'm about order some online and I've never seen either in person.

I have never seen the regular ones but the X you will like , just one thing they do ballon a lot , really on 6 s. It's a great tire though.

thinking of going with 30k-f 60k-c 20k-r in my sons talion...any thoughts?
I have the Arrma Kraton and I went with 100k front and rear and 500k center , you may notice a bit of a diff but really not sure as that is really not to much more than stock. I believe stock is 7k front and rear and 10k center.

I have the Arrma Kraton and I went with 100k front and rear and 500k center , you may notice a bit of a diff but really not sure as that is really not to much more than stock. I believe stock is 7k front and rear and 10k center.

Can you tell me please which brand for the diff oils are good?

EDIT: I just found some Mugen Diff oils, they are very expensive but i hope good. I will go with the Mugen 100k F/R and 500k C

Last edited:
Can you tell me please which brand for the diff oils are good?

EDIT: I just found some Mugen Diff oils, they are very expensive but i hope good. I will go with the Mugen 100k F/R and 500k C
Any silicone based is good , team associated is good . The ones I got were the hobby shop brand and they have been fine .

Any silicone based is good , team associated is good . The ones I got were the hobby shop brand and they have been fine .

Thank you for the response :) I would like top go with the Mugen because they mostly sell high quality parts for racing. What diff oils do you recommend for the typhon? 100k F/R 500k C?

Thats what I run in the Kraton and has been good so far..

Yeah buddy i will let you know :) the weather hast to change its cold outside here in germany :D

I found 300k to be the the best weight in the center differential, for me. You still get some center diff action (I.e. Some power gets sent to the front wheels when they have little to no traction), but if you goose the throttle enough it'll let you do wheelies, at least on asphalt. The rear wheels never 100% lose power, which is perfect for me.

Then I'm running about 75k front and 50k rear. Higher weight up front improves straight line stability under acceleration.

I'm not actually sure how people get away with using such low weights, such as 7k-10k-5k. I certainly wouldn't be able to notice the effect, but that's just me. I'm only a basher. ^^

Try 7,000 in the front and 10,000 in the center and 3,000 in the rear

Just got the truck haven't changed it yet trying to work out rear shocks and servo mout

Just got the truck haven't changed it yet.trying to work out rear shocks and servo mount .I ordered springs and UPGRADES for the mount

Might try the speed pinion that came with the truck

I use the same for my Kraton on 6s, 7000 front - 10000 center - 3000 rear.
Very good traction, no wheelies, just perfekt.

Hi, I am currently driving with a stock Arrma Kraton V2. I drive on off road (no hills) terrains and on road terrains, I am planning to use the following combination:
  • 10k front
  • 20k center
  • 7k rear
Wheelies are not important for me, any thoughts on this setup?

Thank you for sharing this article - very good basically know how when it comes to diff oil. It's a little bit confusing because many people recommend center diff oil up to 500 k. And in the article he recommends center diff fluid weight for buggies is 7000wt and for truggies 10 000wt.

Thank you for the response :) I would like top go with the Mugen because they mostly sell high quality parts for racing. What diff oils do you recommend for the typhon? 100k F/R 500k C?
I run 7k 5k 3k in my Typhon and it handles so awesome . You wouldn't believe the turn power you get and the front ballooning issue is gone . Awesome setup for me.

I just switched to Proline Mashers and I had to turn my punch level down to level 1 bc I absolutely hate wheelies.. It's such a hit on performance. I plan on changing center diff oil from stock to either 50k or 100k to reduce the ballooning AND the wheelies (front wheels ballooning makes it easier to wheelie it seems). I also plan on changing front diff oil to 100k and rear diff to 50k or 30k. Which would be better though? 50k or 100k in center diff?

I just switched to Proline Mashers and I had to turn my punch level down to level 1 bc I absolutely hate wheelies.. It's such a hit on performance. I plan on changing center diff oil from stock to either 50k or 100k to reduce the ballooning AND the wheelies (front wheels ballooning makes it easier to wheelie it seems). I also plan on changing front diff oil to 100k and rear diff to 50k or 30k. Which would be better though? 50k or 100k in center diff?

I am also keen to know the characteristics of the Kraton with this set up. I also hate too much wheelie action and I detest the ballooning of the front wheels. I run on bumpy grass, sand pits and mossy damp carpark.

I was advised today to try 7000 front, 10,000 center and 5000 rear. That's from a man who races buggies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back