Kraton Arrma Kraton/Fasteddy bearings 2016 version

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kauaiguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just ordered a set from the Fasteddy site( free shipping,$21.95) and noticed that there are two versions for the Kraton( old version/V2 version).Glad i checked before ordering as every other site i visited only had the old version.What bearings changed between the two?

No idea but I have a full set installed in my Kraton....The large inner bearings that are right near the front CVD joint get loaded with sand. I'm not sure how it happens but it does. Maybe it has something to do with those bearings ? I know that has been changed from V1 to V2. Yeah.....for some strange reason I get grit and sand in them and they are sealed. IDK

@Kauaiguy looking at the two sets on FastEddyBearings.com both kits include the same size and number of bearings. I'm guessing Eddy has done this as Arrma and other sites make a point to differentiate the two versions. While things might have changed between the two the bearings appear the same.

So my question is how much better are the FastEddies compared to stock V2 bearings. I looked at mine after its first day of hard bashing and they seem to be some really good bearings. Can someone describe the pros to stock v2 bearing and if they are worth the 20 dollar upgrade? One thing is replacing and another is upgrading.

Haven't received my Kraton yet,ordered bearings because the stockers are supposed to be metal sheild only.Would be nice if they had upgraded the V2 bearings!

So my question is how much better are the FastEddies compared to stock V2 bearings. I looked at mine after its first day of hard bashing and they seem to be some really good bearings. Can someone describe the pros to stock v2 bearing and if they are worth the 20 dollar upgrade? One thing is replacing and another is upgrading.

They are good bearings......hold one up to the light, you can see right through them. You would have to maintain them a little more often than a rubber sealed bearing. Other than that....they spin.

I'm getting grit in my some of the rubber sealed bearings on my Kraton anyway...somehow it's getting pushed past the seal. Just inspect once in a while...If you hear bad grit just replace it or clean it.

Yea
They are good bearings......hold one up to the light, you can see right through them. You would have to maintain them a little more often than a rubber sealed bearing. Other than that....they spin.

I'm getting grit in my some of the rubber sealed bearings on my Kraton anyway...somehow it's getting pushed past the seal. Just inspect once in a while...If you hear bad grit just replace it or clean it.
After 2 packs I could tell some grit was in the bearing. I popped the seal of with an Xacto and sprayed it with mooslick. When I popped it off I slightly bent the seal but i don't think I compromised it. thanks for the update.

Yeah....my rubber sealed inner wheel bearings get gritty. I think because there is a metal lip around that axle shaft. It rides right up against the inner bearing. It must be pushing the fine dirt past the rubber. I'm just guessing now.... I normally never have bearings get gritty after one run. I have 2 year old RC's that are fine still.

Yea

After 2 packs I could tell some grit was in the bearing. I popped the seal of with an Xacto and sprayed it with mooslick. When I popped it off I slightly bent the seal but i don't think I compromised it. thanks for the update.
Stock bearings, in general not just Arrma-RC, are notoriously known to be mediocre at best. The bearings from FastEddy are certainly an upgrade and are pretty darn cheap. For me they spin far better and last much longer than any stock bearings I've ever had - hands down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back