Arrma Kraton front wheels not aligned after crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texan45

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello,

I had a crash with Kraton V3. Crash pulled the upper left ball joint out of the upper arm. Loctited ball joint and screwed back in to arm. Also replaced plastic 1mm shim. Checked the red aluminum ball joint screws and snugged them down to where everything can still articulate. Problem is the wheel is not aligned (has more toe out?) than the left. I’ve looked and nothing seems to be out of order. What am I missing? Thank you. Chris in Canyon Lake.

Attachments

• 8F61AA17-00CD-4E67-93A6-390468BC9BDA.jpeg
    8F61AA17-00CD-4E67-93A6-390468BC9BDA.jpeg
    353.1 KB · Views: 92
  • EC3E682E-09AA-4FA3-84E0-5E1DCB2F7E3A.jpeg
    EC3E682E-09AA-4FA3-84E0-5E1DCB2F7E3A.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 65
Check to see if this piece got bent in the crash

edit: 2fast4u treed me

Attachments

• IMG_7251.jpg
    IMG_7251.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 32
I’ve just spent some time looking everything over. The steering rack may be bent down 0.5mm on the left side. Would that make a big difference? It’s really hard to tell without taking it out. I messed with the turnbuckles a bit and that really didn’t do much. Front shock tower looks a bit tweaked. I’m eventually upgrading to a beefier steering rack, and voltage hobbies shock towers, maybe sooner rather than later....

I'd go ahead and breakdown the front end to throw a straight edge on the tower and steering rack. Could be a combination of several parts that have been tweaked when it took the hit.
You can't go wrong with the Voltage towers. I upgraded after bending both front and rear towers and they've held up great to all the abuse I've thrown at them

Ok, will do, thank you both for your fast responses. I will definitely pay my knowledge forward with other members as I learn more and more....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back