Kraton Arrma Kraton issues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric E

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have a Kraton 6s blx. I went to use it yesterday and it yesterday and it would not go in reverse. I turned the remote off, and back on, and it wouldn't move at all, but would steer. The third time I turned it off and back on, luckily I was holding it because it was going half throttle immediately with no remote input. I'm thinking it's the remote, not the truck, but I am not sure how to test. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

I have a Kraton 6s blx. I went to use it yesterday and it yesterday and it would not go in reverse. I turned the remote off, and back on, and it wouldn't move at all, but would steer. The third time I turned it off and back on, luckily I was holding it because it was going half throttle immediately with no remote input. I'm thinking it's the remote, not the truck, but I am not sure how to test. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks.
STX2 radio is know to be complete garbage and I highly recommend that you replace it immediately. If you can find one on Jenny's Rc I would get the Tactic TTX300 that is a good rtr radio to start with. If you have some spare coin I would look at the Radiolink RC4GS or the RC6GS..

Did you change the 50/75/100 setting? Others have reported no reverse when changing it from 100 to the 75 and 50.

First thing to try, prop it up on a box something so the wheels aren’t touched by the ground, the turn remote on then the truck. If the wheels start turning then try adjusting the throttle trim, it’s the middle knob on from of the remote. Turning it one way will make it go faster, the other way slower, keep turning it the slower away until the wheels stop turning.
Well, I just assumed you had a Tactic...just saw @slick2500’s reply

First thing to try, prop it up on a box something so the wheels aren’t touched by the ground, the turn remote on then the truck. If the wheels start turning then try adjusting the throttle trim, it’s the middle knob on from of the remote. Turning it one way will make it go faster, the other way slower, keep turning it the slower away until the wheels stop turning.
Well, I just assumed you had a Tactic...just saw @slick2500’s reply
The not wanting to go in reverse made me assume it was the STX2, as that is a common issue with that radio.
It could be the TTX300 though.

Not necessarily, I had the same issue with my V3 Kraton the the Tactic. I just didn’t both about for a day or two and then it just magically returned to normal

Yep, my kraton blx 6s v4 out the box didn't go into reverse either. In reading the manual there's a set button beside the power switch on the kraton that allows you to configure the esc for reverse, braking and forward. Sorry I don't have the manual with me at the moment to tell you specifically how to do it.

Yep, my kraton blx 6s v4 out the box didn't go into reverse either. In reading the manual there's a set button beside the power switch on the kraton that allows you to configure the esc for reverse, braking and forward. Sorry I don't have the manual with me at the moment to tell you specifically how to do it.
Did you change the 50/75/100 setting? Others have reported no reverse when changing it from 100 to the 75 and 50.
Just to chime in on this, I bought the Kraton 4S and Notorious, both with the STX2, and neither controller would go in reverse on 50 or 75. I had to rebind the controller to the car while on 50 and again on 75 in order to get all three power levels to function properly. I’ve had no problems since. If you haven’t rebound the controller yet, I’d suggest doing that as a first step.

Sorry guys. I got frustrated with it and used my drones this summer. I bought the truck used. The radio is a tactic ttx300. I didn't do any adjustments to anything. Not 100% sure the controller didn't get water on it, in it the day it started messing up. When I turn it on now, I have full power going forward. When I pull back on the controller, it will stop like it normally would, but no reverse. I am going to try to download the manual as I don't have one. Any way to know if it is just the controller? Thanks again.
Ok update. When I turn the truck on the red light on the esc flashes red , until I turn the controller off, then back on, then I have forward power. Always have steering, just no forward power. Well I did that once and the truck and the truck went into full reverse with no input from the controller. I hit forward, it stopped, but would not go into reverse again.

Last edited:
Sorry guys. I got frustrated with it and used my drones this summer. I bought the truck used. The radio is a tactic ttx300. I didn't do any adjustments to anything. Not 100% sure the controller didn't get water on it, in it the day it started messing up. When I turn it on now, I have full power going forward. When I pull back on the controller, it will stop like it normally would, but no reverse. I am going to try to download the manual as I don't have one. Any way to know if it is just the controller? Thanks again.
Ok update. When I turn the truck on the red light on the esc flashes red , until I turn the controller off, then back on, then I have forward power. Always have steering, just no forward power. Well I did that once and the truck and the truck went into full reverse with no input from the controller. I hit forward, it stopped, but would not go into reverse again.
It sounds kind of like you have the throttle trim in the wrong spot. Double check that. If not try to calibrate the transmitter to the esc.
xxtAq5P.jpg

qWAF7CT6XZRQ28765R.jpg

Sometimes the trim buttons seem way sensitive on various rtr radios and small movement can mean a lot. Even losing reverse etc.
I like to put the truck up on a stand and power it all. Then start spinning knobs until it gets right. This usually works for me and no overly annoying problems with any remote I own. Sounds simple but it has been.

Good advice above. Center trim and calibrate the ESC. Also check your motor wires haven’t come loose or are damaged.

It sounds kind of like you have the throttle trim in the wrong spot. Double check that. If not try to calibrate the transmitter to the esc.
View attachment 46171

View attachment 46172
Just got home and tried adjusting the trim. After adjusting it, I have reverse. I'll play more with it tommorow to make sure it is working properly. Thanks!

Just got home and tried adjusting the trim. After adjusting it, I have reverse. I'll play more with it tommorow to make sure it is working properly. Thanks!
It happened to me on this v4 radio and all it took was a small knob tweak. I still use it until I un-lazy.
I'll happily switch and have the RadioLink system but it doesn't feel so necessary anymore

(y)Love me some Pineapple and Ham on my pizza. :)
Seriously it is found in every Pizza parlor here in NYC. And there are thousands. One on every corner.
Hawaian Pizza. Its seems to be a NY thing. Available everywhere..jpg

Hawaiian pizza is the bomb.
I'm sorry friends, and there are no foods I won't eat. And I'd absolutely inhale a pineapple and ham pizza like any man should. But I could not order something like that and pay real money for it if there are other items on the menu to choose from.

I like Pepperoni too.
But Anchovies is the best on Pizza. An old favorite with a few brewskies for sure.

Honestly not all that mad about the cheap Spektrum radio. I'm nervous because of bad reviews and I think I know it's limitations but I still run it close to home. That's what I meant by the regifted meme lol.

We all have differing expectations when it come to radios. If it works for you that's all that matters.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back