Outcast ARRMA Kraton or outcast??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tango11

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ready to buy a Kraton but want to get some quick differences between the outcast and Kraton? Also how are both better than erevo?? Thanks.

Kraton has a longer chassis and a different body. Makes is a hair less wheelie prone and more stable in the air. I've never owned a Traxxas vehicle so I can't help you there.

My understanding is - the Kraton is the same mechanically, with a longer wheelbase, different body and worse tires.

I considered to get a Kraton for the longer chassis and then put on the Outcast/Notorious body, tires & wheels- but it appears the cost would actually be cheaper to make my Notorious longer if I ever wanted a little more stabilty at the cost of agility.

when I was shopping around, I saw quite a bit of complaints on breakages with the ERevo, that being said, any rc you beat on will break, I'd choose my Kraton again if I had to

when I was shopping around, I saw quite a bit of complaints on breakages with the ERevo, that being said, any rc you beat on will break, I'd choose my Kraton again if I had to

Do you run 2 - 3s batteries or one 6s? Thanks.

The fellas above are spot on; I will add that the Kraton is easier to wrench too. I own both the Outcast & Kraton, both are phenomenal RC’s. I never leave the house without the Kraton, it is superior to the Outcast (IMO)

* 1x 6s for me.

I own Both (if you ask my wife she says the Outcast is hers now lol) and they are both a blast to drive.

The Outcast is just what it says it is a "Stunt Truck", it is very hard to keep the outcast on all 4 tires, and is a wheelie/backflip king.

The Kraton with stock tires is glued to the ground, pops up every so often but on stock setting it does not wheelie much. This truck would be better for running on a track rather than an Outcast.

As for 4s and 6s power the Outcast is still enjoyable in 4s and even funner in 6s. But the Kraton I only enjoy on 6s.

IMO they both serve their purpose and are both solid trucks. It just depends on what you want to do with it.

As for better then the E-Revo that is strictly a matter of opinion. My guess is the guys over on Traxxas forum will say E-Revo rules and vise versa.

Anyway enjoy the Kraten and IMO buy an Outcast also lol.

I own the Notorious, which is identical to the Outcast except for the body. I ran an sct before, and wanted something more bashable. With a steady trigger finger, it's a ton of fun, and will do amazing stunts on demand. I also bought three components, a Kraton chassis, rear dog bone and rear chassis brace, in case I ever wanted to switch. So in essence, I'll get the best of both worlds and the swap would be fairly easy. I run two 3s soft packs, and with this much power, I don't think one 6s pack would make much difference. Some of the 3s hard packs can be a little difficult in fitment, but it's been done with small modifications. Whatever you choose, you won't be disappointed.

I live on a tight budget being the sole bread winner in our family so I spent an inordinate amount of time researching all RC cars not just the Kraton Vs the Outcast but that was a comparison I was interested in. Given the expense and the fact I'm fairly new I settled on the Kraton as the best all rounder RC getting about and now that I have it, I feel completely vindicated with my decision and have zero regrets

don't get a E-revo, you will most likely break the rodends on your shocks if you jump it, its designed to bad with that major flaw. Unless you custom make/buy a strap to limit the travel. Example:

I will always recommend the Kraton first (y) I have a NIB kraton v3 for $425 shipped; I have not posted yet because I was waiting for the typhon fruit to sell :unsure:

I own the Notorious, which is identical to the Outcast except for the body. I ran an sct before, and wanted something more bashable. With a steady trigger finger, it's a ton of fun, and will do amazing stunts on demand. I also bought three components, a Kraton chassis, rear dog bone and rear chassis brace, in case I ever wanted to switch. So in essence, I'll get the best of both worlds and the swap would be fairly easy. I run two 3s soft packs, and with this much power, I don't think one 6s pack would make much difference. Some of the 3s hard packs can be a little difficult in fitment, but it's been done with small modifications. Whatever you choose, you won't be disappointed.
What mods might be needed to use the Notorious body on the Kraton chassis? Some combination of new mounting holes in the body and extended body posts? I'm considering doing the same. I see the Kraton chassis is hard to come by now...or at least it has gotten more expensive $60+. I may even consider using a V3 Talion chassis if I can find one at a good price. I understand the center diff and motor mount would be set further back on a V3 Talion chassis.

Edit: Never mind. I just came across an Outcast LWB Conversion thread by Dutch213 that answers my questions.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back