Kraton Arrma Kraton or Traxxas E-Revo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being new. I felt really good with my purchase of the granite blx. It does everything I need. But it's like any hobby. One isn't enough. You know my favorite with Evo is the lid clamp. I hate the cotterpins. Old eyes don't work like they used to. U tube videos are 50/50. But everyone has an opinion. Amain video I felt like he was leaning Evo. I'm not informed enough yet on ins and outs. Worst part is all local hobby shop only have Traxxas parts. It's always3-4 days before I can get mine running. I did get my boys granite mega. Should buy a small stockpile of parts. I'm just looking now. Lot of money
From what I've been able to read and see there is a bad issue with shock rod ends pulling out of shock rod and the shock rod ends on the a-arms. Haven't heard any other major issues with erevo 2.0 I own an Emaxx and a Kraton and the Kraton is a dream to drive compared to my emaxx but it is a true monster truck, but the erevo does handle better than a emaxx I don't think it handles better than a Kraton. I'll bet my Kraton!

From what I've been able to read and see there is a bad issue with shock rod ends pulling out of shock rod and the shock rod ends on the a-arms. Haven't heard any other major issues with erevo 2.0 I own an Emaxx and a Kraton and the Kraton is a dream to drive compared to my emaxx but it is a true monster truck, but the erevo does handle better than a emaxx I don't think it handles better than a Kraton. I'll bet my Kraton!
All you need to do is use superglue or threadlocker with the rod ends and they stop pulling out.

I do agree that Traxxas makes some of the coolest looking RC's. Won't attest to their quality because I just got into the hobby about a year ago.
my brother has 2 xmaxx 8s trucks. they are cool and neat. but they are also expensive crap. he is the type of guy that feels the need to have the most expensive brand of certain toys/real trucks etc. he equates price with quality. aka DeWalt over Makita. even though I can literally use my Makita as a hammer, and have when desperately needed for the 3 years I have had it. I suggest Arrma, but hey if you buy the traaxas and don't like it....you can sell it for a small loss.

All you need to do is use superglue or threadlocker with the rod ends and they stop pulling out.
Or you can put limiters on the rear.

I'm trying a pair of dubro 2319 ends on my 3 revos (2 nitro, one brushless v1) to see how they hold up. Had to get creative with washers as the steel ball isn't as wide as the stock one, so it had about 2mm of room to move around. I haven't had too many issues with the stock ones ripping out on the nitros, but they wear/stretch out very fast due to the heavy oil/springs/vdk setup I have on all 3 of them to handle the jumps better. With electric, the truck can slam into the ground without affecting much. With nitro, hitting the ground hard from big air breaks the motor mount supports and bends the chassis. So, running relatively high oil/spring wt is kind of a necessity if you air it out. Especially on my big block revo. The engine/leaner mount is a lot heavier than my 21TM revo or the 3.3 when I had it. I do have the M2C engine bay brace on my BB revo as well.

I've played around with the E-Revo 2.0 at my LHS more than once. The place is on their 7th demo since it was released. The 1st was destroyed a few days after I tested it. I saw the results of the 4 days of torture it was put through: Busted rear rods on the shocks & arm rod ends, a broken in half & U-shaped rear CVDs, bowed front CVDs, bust rear body mount, snapped wing, & that's all I can remember. Whoever jumped the thing should never had touched it. Needless to say, it was one of the repair guys trying to show off :ROFLMAO: After seeing that totaled scrap, I can't even fathom owning one. But I've owned all 3 Kratons for a reason. There's no use trying to compare sweet red apples to sour lemons ;)

I have 2 8s X-Maxx's & both have the bare minimum Traxxas junk in them. I crack a bulkhead occasionally & bust a chassis rarely but that's about it. It's the only Traxxas worth my time but I paid for knowing how to deal with them in all the hell I went through with the 6s truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back