Kraton Arrma Kraton or Traxxas E-Revo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't come down under....I'd be only too happy to buy a Kraton for even $600! I paid $729 for mine at the end of last year from my LHS, could have got slightly cheaper on line but would have been up for postage so much of a muchness.

I looked at Traxxas before buying my Kraton as I have a 2wd stampede and like the guys say, Traxxas do a good job making their rigs look good but I did considerable research ($700+ will do that to you) and the Kraton became a no brainer for me and since buying it I could not be happier with the choice.

As for the tires, I have no issue with the stock ones at this stage, but like others have said it depends on what you are doing and the type of terrain. I have a set of Backflips ready to go for when I need them (another $120 so super envious of you US guys) but for now I'm not needing them but will prob given them a crack this weekend.

Your money, your choice. Remember this is an Arrma forum so while I believe the opinions here are balanced due to many guys having both as you have read, you might also want to drop the same post on the Traxxas forum....I know I would.....but I'd also buy the Kraton any day.
You need to join our group: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rcholics-not-so-anonymous.9815/ . You will find many who have fought the battle similar to yours. There is a light and the end of this rc affliction tunnel.

you might also want to drop the same post on the Traxxas forum....I know I would.....but I'd also buy the Kraton any day.

Where it will promptly be deleted. Soon as you mention Arrma over there a mod erases the thread due to that BS lawsuit. I think the word Arrma is literally censored on that forum and comes up as ****. I'm not even joking about this.

At least here the people with Arrma bias have owned both brands and had real world experience comparisons. The majority of the fanboys on the traxxas forums have owned nothing but, and don't (and refuse to) know any better.

Bottom line, Arrma 6s line are built like tanks out of the box. Traxxas 4s-6s line are high priced plastic garbage that require half the cost of the car in upgrades out of the box.

You need to join our group: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rcholics-not-so-anonymous.9815/ . You will find many who have fought the battle similar to yours. There is a light and the end of this rc affliction tunnel.
I just saw it and commented

Where it will promptly be deleted. Soon as you mention Arrma over there a mod erases the thread due to that BS lawsuit. I think the word Arrma is literally censored on that forum and comes up as ****. I'm not even joking about this.

Well I have notoriously cut my nose off to spite my face.....Those actions would definitely drive me to a Kraton or something other than Traxxas

Let's start with saying the Revo is an awesome truck with a one of a kind chassis design and layout. I owned the V1 for 2 years.
Same story here, it kept breaking on 6s. Spent more time benching than driving it. Sold it and bought a Kraton.
I can provide a long list why the Kraton is better but at the end, for me, only one thing matters: this hobby is ment to have fun with rc's.
And whoehaa i have fun with that Kraton. With some upgrades you can really throw it everywere and it won't break.
I always drove the Revo with the fear of breaking something and the Kraton just puts a big smile on my face.
Spending a little more on a Kraton with upgrades is really worth it, especially if you spread it over the next 3 years of rc heaven or hell ;)

If you want big air, get the kraton. The revo in any form cannot stand up to big air. I have 3 of them, 2 nitros and the version 1 brushless. When you go for big air, it snaps shock ends, rocker arms and push rods. If you set it so it has heavy oil/springs to handle big air, you end up burning through rod ends constantly and have to upgrade the rockers to alloy or they just snap.

Also, the v1 revo should only be ran on 4S as the diffs/axles just can't take 6S for very long.

The v2 revo has a stronger drivetrain, so it can handle 6S. But it has the same suspension issues.

Also, the battery boxes are very skimpy, so you can't run larger 3S packs.

There are many other weaknesses on it. I really wish I hadn't started my "electric" world with the revo as many of the limitations the nitro trucks have followed to electric. I only did it because I had nitro revos and knew about the suspension weaknesses and figured I'd just upgrade that stuff out of the gate.

The revo is fun for what it is, but you can't bash it with reckless abandon like a flat pan chassis truck (kraton/talion/outcast/tekno) as it just doesn't hold up.

After getting the revo, I got a used savage flux hp (I also have a savage x nitro). The savage can handle bigger air all day long.

Then I got an outcast... it puts them both to shame with big air in mind. I don't jump like @Rich Duperbash, but I do run it pretty hard and it just keeps going. With a few upgrades (T2T, RPM arms, shimmed diffs, heavier diff oil), the outcast has really been my go to truck as my erevo and savage flux sits on the shelf. I do run 4S in it though as I had many 2S packs I ran in pairs in my revo/savage. But I'm still pretty content with what it can do on just 4S.

Last edited:
I was at my hobby shop today and got my hands on a kraton 6s. They were only running 4s. It was cool. Handles nice. My granite is my first rc. They also had a Traxxas E-Revo. Man it was sharp! It was new so I couldn't test it. But the guy was telling me how great the revo drove and lot more stable. Both are 550$. Worst part in my mind the kraton need new meaty tires. 120$. Anyone ran both? Input? I see guys on u tube claim on using heavy dif fluid
Like everyone said already its your choice.
I have traxxas, HPI nitro, and Arma was the upgrade. Arma is much more durable and parts break more often with traxxas but thats also part of the fun. Pushing to the limits, breaking, fixing but in the end no one has limitless time to fix and tune all the time. Don't get me wrong Revo is extremely fun. Things are changing parts will be more available and Arma has already filled up my local hobby shop in the last 3 months. 4 months ago my LHS had only 2 or 3 Arma vehicles.
Your talking about $$for kraton tires. Yes, but the kraton 100% will save you money in the long run 100% less breaking.

Thank you guys
I sold my ERevo2.0 with less than 15 runs. I replaced shock ends to beefier, both servos, chassis brace, shock springs in hopes to help it land softer with small jumps. I installed limiting straps to reduce extension when it was in the air, bluetooth, and ran three different sets of tires to find the safe spot. When I got it new, I taped the lid with gorilla tape but the TRX lid lock system were more a pain than even standard clips. I did as much as I could to just get it to take three foot jumps. After all the time it was on the bench and not running, I finally repaired it fully and sold it for $390. I couldn't get anyone to buy it at a higher price even with two new strong servos etc....and I really just wanted it gone. The body was mostly unscathed and it looked brand new with all electrics updated, RTR and 125$ installed upgrades at the time of the sale.
I almost quit RC trucks because that thing frustrated me to no end and I felt like I was throwing money away every single run.
Sold for $390 as I mentioned ...so I pretty much lost big and can't remember it returning anywhere near that investment in fun.

Then Arrma finally got the merger settled and started having available stock. I now have four Arrma trucks in very short time and plans to buy at least one or two more soon. The difference in driving fun between Traxxas and Arrma ...at least for me... is massive. I honestly like the Traxxas trucks because they look absolutely fantastic but I've learned my lesson regarding durability.
I also can't support Traxxas anymore for not only the cost to me but for the way I feel they handle business regarding honest / friendly competition. They appear to have ruthless trade practices and in my opinion can't deliver on merit alone so they aim to bankrupt any competition through frivolous lawsuits and buying lhs support.
And I don't blame the lhs either. They're all trying to make a buck and feed the family and if I were a shop owner and Traxxas offered me $ bonus and extra support to specifically promote their brand....It could be very hard to tell them no.
But, I'd have to play honest in the long run and would have to turn down a deal publicly and immediately. In my small town, I may be able to get away with it. A small shop in bigger cities, with more Hobby Shop competition, would almost certainly have to take the muscle tactic from Traxxas to stay alive.

Being new. I felt really good with my purchase of the granite blx. It does everything I need. But it's like any hobby. One isn't enough. You know my favorite with Evo is the lid clamp. I hate the cotterpins. Old eyes don't work like they used to. U tube videos are 50/50. But everyone has an opinion. Amain video I felt like he was leaning Evo. I'm not informed enough yet on ins and outs. Worst part is all local hobby shop only have Traxxas parts. It's always3-4 days before I can get mine running. I did get my boys granite mega. Should buy a small stockpile of parts. I'm just looking now. Lot of money

I live in Japan. No LHS and this isn't Traxxas or Arrma country. Parts take two (or more) weeks even with prompt shipping by Amain. Sucks when you realize that you missed a broken part a week after you place the order :)

E Revo i hear the tires sucks and split apart, even new, least i seen on a few vids. The body clamps on the E-revo i also seen people hate on who owns the E revo talk about how the body comes up. I picked the Kraton back when i was looking for my first hobby grade RC and did not know anything about RC's, Traxxas and ARRMA and as i looked i did not like how complicated Traxxas made their RC's with more plastic and all the unnecessary pieces they add to the chassis and the layout of the system. I loved how ARRMA made theirs simple and clean and fewer parts as possible and loved the open layout and how custom it looked and how you can upgrade ARRMAs which is like every piece if you wanted and metal at that.

I have my reasons for not liking Traxxas but in short, its because i do not support a company that does not support the hobby and wants to drag it down. Traxxas is the Apple of RC's in my opinion.

Kraton. Kraton. Kraton.

I've never driven Traxxxas. I did tons of research though and reviews told the story. Go Arrma. I went to buy a Talion and all they had in stock (days before Christmas) was the Kraton. I had buyers remorse within sheer minutes, but I drove it home, unboxed it and slapped in a 4S battery.

Holy $#!+

Best car I've ever driven. Smooth. Stable. Fast. For contrast, in only 30 days since, I now also own the Senton BLX 6S and Notorious BLX 6S. I run them all only on 4S. Arrma produces amazing trucks and each one has nuances. The Notorious has a lot of torque, even on 4S. It loves to flip and tumble on jumps. Def more of a stunt type basher. The Senton...I hated it. Slid. No grip. Terrible jumper compared to my Kraton. However, threw on some Duratrax 1:8 Lockups and now a completely different truck. Runs fantastic now. Grip. Speed. Go! The Kraton, though...hands down my favorite. Wide wheel base and balanced overall for bashing. It is a great all-in-one truck. It's like the multirole fighter plane of RC cars.

Every time I go to find a bash spot, I always have all 3 of my Arrma trucks with me, but it is always the Kraton I reach for first.

As for tires...I put on some Proline Badlands. I believe I paid $40 per pair, so $80 for a new set of dirt/off road tires with the stock set as a spare.

When the guys at the hobby shop tell you to reach for the Arrma trucks and not Traxxxas, there is a reason why. Arrma is making a name for themselves and it isnt much of a surprise.

To each his own, I suppose.

Happy bashing.

I got a great deal on a v3 Kraton, love it so much that I sold my 4x4 vxl stampede (which could only handle 2s) to buy a Granite. Honestly, I think the black Notorious is by far the sexiest rc vehicle out there.

In my group of friends who run rc's, the revo is the one that breaks the most out of any of our 10+ trucks. It doesn't do anything better than any of the other trucks we have.

I love my xmaxx and my Arrma Talion, but wouldn't touch a revo unless someone gave it to me... then I would just sell it to buy a Kraton or one of the new 3s rigs.

In my group of friends who run rc's, the revo is the one that breaks the most out of any of our 10+ trucks. It doesn't do anything better than any of the other trucks we have.

I love my xmaxx and my Arrma Talion, but wouldn't touch a revo unless someone gave it to me... then I would just sell it to buy a Kraton or one of the new 3s rigs.
Your wrong the revo breaks a ton more and loves to be a shelf queen

That's what I said. It breaks the most out of all mine and my friends trucks.

700 was that Australia dollars or US if the former that's about 500 Us

If you’ve seen me around you would be aware that my e revo is extremely high mileage with over 150 runs on it even though I’ve only had it since June (first batch). It is my favorite rc and I really like driving it after I sorted it out. I just want everyone here to realize the e revo isn’t a Kraton competitor, it’s a nero competetor, so if you’re going to compare the trucks, just remember that.

The v2 and v1 e revo are completely different rigs. Sorry to v1 owners but the v1 e revo was a complete and total piece of crap. Everything about it is just not good enough. The e revo 2.0 has one of the strongest drivetrains I’ve ever seen on an rtr 8th scale MT. The only weakness to the car at all is the rear toe links, but everyone fails to realize the car only breaks when you mess up. Mine goes to skate parks regularly, because the plastic chassis takes no damage from those 10 feet airs and smashing onto concrete. If you’re breaking it, it’s because you’re messing up. Personally the e revo is my go to huge air vehicle because there’s nothing to bend on it. But obviously, yes, the Kraton is more durable vehicle for everyday use. Just realize, this is apples to oranges.

My absolute favorite part about the e revo is that ever since I fixed the rod ends, it hasn’t broken much even when I screw up. Yes, if you land with the front wheels facing up on the left rear, you will snap that toe link. But if you smash into something with the front right or front left wheel being the contact point, all that happens is you bend the front push rod and toe link. Finish your run, and when you take it home, bend them back straight, and you’re good to go. Nothing broken.

I must add the fact that the e revo does need servos right out of the box, as the plastic geared ones provided are garbage. Other than that, the motor is pretty good, but the highlight is that crazy 6th scale esc. I don’t regret swapping it for my mxl-6s, but I really am baffled on how strong the vxl 6s was, not even getting warm after a hard run. I later did some digging to find out that it’s a restickered xmaxx vxl-8s esc. Yes, that means it can take 8s. And with that it has all the amp capabilities, hence why it runs so dam cool. Yes it does have the tendency to go out on you, but if it’s gonna go out it’ll go out within the warrenty program, and when you get a good one, it’s a complete beast, I’d compare it to a hobbywing max6 equivalent, meaning not quite a full blown 8s capable esc with 2028 motors, but it can run them on max voltage if you watch temps.
-rantith concludith.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back