Kraton arrma kraton rear body holes issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, I have been tuning with my kraton, its got some battle scars, the rear body holes are kind of getting pushed further back, any way to reinforce this? I also just recently turned the punch down to one via the esc programming interested to see how that goes on 6s... I haven't added the 200k center diff fluid yet, I put a 13t pinion on there, thinking about maybe going up maybe not... I broke a shock shaft, and not totally sure what the stock fluid was, as I liked the stock fluid setup with the new springs, it was nice, I need different fluid maybe 50wt?
Really liking the badlands, I just bought another pair for my rustler vxl :D

Thanks
-Spence

Last edited:
Got any pics to show your rear body holes? Are you talking about where your body mounts clip into the shell of the Kraton??

The issue is not really the body holes. The issue is chassis flex. I did the shoe-goo + drywall tape + washers on my Talion and Kraton both. didn't last 2 bashing sessions. If you jump big, the chassis will flex. If the chassis flexes, the weakest link will break, and that is the body shell.

The real fix is to remove chassis flex. Either GKA aluminum chassis brace, a tower to tower brace, or something else.

Hi all, I have been tuning with my kraton, its got some battle scars, the rear body holes are kind of getting pushed further back, any way to reinforce this? I also just recently turned the punch down to one via the esc programming interested to see how that goes on 6s... I haven't added the 200k center diff fluid yet, I put a 13t pinion on there, thinking about maybe going up maybe not... I broke a shock shaft, and not totally sure what the stock fluid was, as I liked the stock fluid setup with the new springs, it was nice, I need different fluid maybe 50wt?

Thanks
-Spence
I agree with @Jerry-rigged, those upgrades are definitely worth the money and time.

In the mean time I would recommend putting shoogoo and drywall tape on the shell. See first pic below. Really strengthens the body!

I also put nylon washers (from Home Depot) on my body mount holes to prevent ripping of the body. I dremmeled the holes a bit bigger for more wiggle room and body flex. See second pic below.

Between these two upgrades, I still have my original body on my Kraton after 6 months of hard bashing.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 101
This is what the damage looks like:
how to fix it?
Goop/shoe goo and body washers+the drywall tape?

Last edited:
how to fix it?
Spence - yes. My body looked exactly the same until I put nylon washers under the body mount holes. I dumped a ton of shoogoo in that area and put the washers on.

They will help but I would look into tower to tower braces (there is a couple of posts on this forum giving info) or metal chassis braces.

I would also dremel the body mount holes a little bit larger to allow for flex and movement. It will lessen the body tearing :)

Thanks guys, any idea what stock shock fluid weight was? 50 weight? Or what would be a good upgrade weight wise? Also I was thinking of drilling a hole in each end of the shock tower and getting some steel rod and drilling and tapping it to make a chassis brace from tower to tower

Last edited:
Spence - Not sure what stock shock oil is??? I have heard it is 50WT but not certain on that.

The shock oil I am running is 70WT in front and 60WT in the back. I am very happy with this setup but it all depends on how you drive your Kraton. I do mostly bashing and jumps if that helps :)

ima just order some 50wt
What shock oil you use depends on how you drive your Kraton. I would highly recommend experimenting with shock oils to find what suits your driving habits. You may drive your Kraton differently than anyone else on this forum.

Losi racing makes a sample kit with 5-6 different types of oils so you can experiment and find the best setup for you. See link below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/391484390528

See the article below that explains in detail what different shock oils do to your Kraton and how it will effect the performance. I hope this helps.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-...799498-differential-shock-oils-explained.html

Chassis Flex is normal for all 8 scale buggies and truggies. If you ever go to the racetrack just look at people's bodies. Everytime I buy a new body for any of my race Vehicles I elongate the holes right away to account for the flex.

how to fix it?
I just bought a Kraton had the Tower to Tower on it and after the first real hard bashing I had the same damage as you. So I don't know if it's chassis flex or not ?? I made up this plate out of 1.6mm aluminium. I've used a 1mm commercial double sided with tape to fix it to the body. I haven't had a chance to beat it yet for a test but I'm hoping it will work.
IMG_3864.JPG

how to fix it?
I noticed this early on the body of my Kraton, I used with great success Tesa insulated adhesive cloth tape, this stuff used in Automotive industry for isulating wire harness looms, but it's damn strong and lightweight and great for the Kraton body.

I noticed this early on the body of my Kraton, I used with great success Tesa insulated adhesive cloth tape, this stuff used in Automotive industry for isulating wire harness looms, but it's damn strong and lightweight and great for the Kraton body.
Looks like good tape !! Which one did you use ?
Looked it up there's plenty of type numbers !

Thanks
-Spence

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back