Kraton Arrma kraton servo problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerbear1018

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Granite
Hey guys, I bought an arrma kraton 2 weeks ago and I'm going on my third servo. For some reason they keep going out and it makes a grinding noise is there any way to prevent this from happening or is there any advice someone can give me?

It might be time to consider a new servo. I use the Protek RC 150T. It has monstrous torque and is FAST. It's not exactly cheap but your servo worries will be over. The performance of this servo is jaw dropping. Its a perfect match to the Kraton. I run mine at 7.4v with a Hobbywing max8 ESC but it can be run at 6v with the stock ESC and is still very powerful, fast and durable. Its not waterproof but running in water is not good for the truck anyways imo. Rusty bolts etc

I already set my end points it still keeps going out. I'm looking to getting a new servo just wasn't sure which one would be best for my car. I will look into the servos you guys suggested I appreciate it.

Also, I was looking into getting a new servo mount because I noticed the plastic one flexes a lot. I was looking at the hot racing one but it is currently sold out is there any that you guys would recommend?

Yes, check the vendor forum here. GKA and VOLTAGE HOBBIES both sell an aluminum upgrade servo mount.

It might be time to consider a new servo. I use the Protek RC 150T. It has monstrous torque and is FAST. It's not exactly cheap but your servo worries will be over. The performance of this servo is jaw dropping. Its a perfect match to the Kraton. I run mine at 7.4v with a Hobbywing max8 ESC but it can be run at 6v with the stock ESC and is still very powerful, fast and durable. Its not waterproof but running in water is not good for the truck anyways imo. Rusty bolts etc

I ran one of these Protek 150T's in my Tailon. It is a beast - fast and huge torque. Great servo.

Lots of good stuff out there for servos. The Savox 1256 is almost the same as the 1210SG I have but is a little cheaper and not water proof.

Purchase a new servo! No matter what you do new servo mount ball bearings it wont matter! The red arrma servo is garbage! Not saying what brand to try (savox) but any servo has to better!

20170503_175706.jpg
Savox 1230sg here. Monster torque at 6v, it's not water proof but it is a Monster. I also have one in my Nero...Mike

Last edited:
I'm using a EBay power HD 20kg servo in my senton and my Kraton . I know it's a 18$ servo blah blah . It is a beast , plenty of torque and decent speed . I will say honestly the one on my senton has been getting bashed for 8 months hard also in New England winter and it is still kicking. 20kg at 6 v. To me the 18$ was well worth a shot good luck.

I need some opinions. When turning I hear buzzing clicking sound. The wheel is only turning one way. What are your thoughts? Is it servo?

Most likely the servo gears are stripped. If you are still using the stock servo I would almost guarantee the servo is bad. It was the first thing to break on mine.

Most likely the servo gears are stripped. If you are still using the stock servo I would almost guarantee the servo is bad. It was the first thing to break on mine.
Yes it is stock. I have been reading the stock isnt great especially if your riding hard. I just the Savox 0231. Hopfully that is a better part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back