Kraton arrma kraton servo upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, I was wondering if I should just buy another stock servo because I completely stripped the stock one, or what would be a good aftermarket one that would just drop right in with no mods say max budget $40?

Thanks
-Spence

Hi all, I was wondering if I should just buy another stock servo because I completely stripped the stock one, or what would be a good aftermarket one that would just drop right in with no mods say max budget $40?

Thanks
-Spence
you can rebuild stock one for 15 bux.

ugh thanks for the suggestions guys but I just bought the sw0231, I wished I bought the rebuild kit :(

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackst...y-monster-truck-servo-30-6kg-0-14sec-66g.html

Twice the torque of the standard servo which makes it much quicker to steer as it is not strained by the weight
Yes at 7.4 volts, at 6.0v stock esc bec they are both weaker, the because on blx185 is 6.0v even stock servo is not being used to its potential. I will be adding a mmx soon and wish I would have bought a different servo. sg1231 metal gear 444oz/in its taller than stock but it turns like a boss now. ebay for 69.99 new.

I wished I got the 1230 sg I already have one on a crawler and I love it, the sw0231 does ok, but I think it needs an external bec

Yes at 7.4 volts, at 6.0v stock esc bec they are both weaker, the because on blx185 is 6.0v even stock servo is not being used to its potential. I will be adding a mmx soon and wish I would have bought a different servo. sg1231 metal gear 444oz/in its taller than stock but it turns like a boss now. ebay for 69.99 new.
Just to be clear. You are saying you wish you had bought a different one than the trackstar? The sg1231 is a good buy? I'm looking to upgrade. Thx for any advice.

Anyone use this servo? Is it a straight bolt on or does there need to be mods? I'm looking to try and keep the black/red scheme in the truck.
I use this servo and it works great. Only fitting issue is that it is a little higher than the standard servo, couple of washers/spacer to raise it a touch and it will bolt straight in.

Im looking at the Savoy SW 1210SG, SB 2270 SG, SA 1230 SG. Do these require a castle creations CCA Bec 10A 6s switching regulator to run properly or are they simple "plug and play"?

I use the Savox 1210SG and it was plug and play. It is a little taller than the stock servo, so you will need to add spacers to lift the servo off the mount a little. And another spacer in the steering linkage. Also you have to take the top of the servo off to get it to fit in the GKA mount, due to the wires protruding from the middle of the servo opposed to the bottom. I guess you could do it all with the stock mount too.

I use the Savox 1210SG and it was plug and play. It is a little taller than the stock servo, so you will need to add spacers to lift the servo off the mount a little. And another spacer in the steering linkage. Also you have to take the top of the servo off to get it to fit in the GKA mount, due to the wires protruding from the middle of the servo opposed to the bottom. I guess you could do it all with the stock mount too.

Don't buy a savox sw0231 either I have not correct end points or this servo is garbage... Not enough steering authority... Installed a castle WP 2.0 BEC no change... Should I get the SW1210sg? What servo mount are you using and where can I get it?

Maybe a fly sky fsgt3b I know they are cheap radios, but I would get endpoints... Also, yes I have a sanwa MT4 but thats for my drifter...

I guess I might have to buy some new batteries while I am at it... I think I should also upgrade my esc, I have the stock esc, it was replaced once for intermittently going into programming mode while running... Thinking of a hobbywing 120amp WP esc of some sort... Maybe I need new batteries... I got an astounding 5 minutes of run time out of my SMC 4300mah 3s packs:( The cold does this too sometimes to older batts...

Last edited:
Ive had good luck with JX servos. For $40 you can get a waterproof, 400in/oz, and a speed of .09 at 7.4v or around 330oz/in and speed of .11 at 6v which is the stock esc voltage. Check them out on rcjuice.com

I bought this one and it really fits the Kraton, it's affordable and a huge upgrade over the stock one.
Great pro is that it's a 6v servo so it matches perfect with the BLX185, no need for an external BEC. I did add a capacitator.

https://www.banggood.com/nl/Power-H...k-RC-Car-Part-p-1083555.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Description:
Brand: Power HD
Item: Waterproof Servo
Item NO.: DW-25LV
Torque(4.8V): 21.0 kg-cm (291.6 oz/in)
Torque(6.0V): 25.0 kg-cm (347.2 oz/in)
Speed: 0.13 sec (4.8V) │ 0.11 sec (6.0V)
Operating Voltage: 4.8 ~ 6.0 DC Volts
Weight: 80.0 g (2.8 oz)
Bearing Type: Ball Bearing x 2
Motor Type: Coreless Motor
Gear Type: Titanium & Steel
Operating Temperature: -20℃~60℃
Working frequence: 1520μs / 333hz
Size: 40.0 x 20.0 x 38.8 mm ( 1.57 x 0.79 x 1.53 in)

IMAG0780.jpg
Ain't she a beaut!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back