Kraton Arrma Kraton stock body alternatives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, yeah i really like those bodies. They are also great for self-righting on shorter wheelbase vehicles. Currently I run them on my Kraton, Notorious, and Senton.

If you search eBay for arrma bug body youll find a bunch of different paint schemes. $30 a body is good for me as I trash them really quick. Like so.......

The big downside I find with those bodies is that they are often pvc instead of Lexan so they just shatter in the cold. But they are cheap af, sometimes you can get 4 of them for like $70-80.

Ive not had 1 shatter, but I back all them in fiber tape and shoegoo. That one in the video is about 1.5 years old, and im as hard on it as you can be lol. Aside from running it into walls :ROFLMAO:

don't get me wrong. They have gotten abused and repaired many times though, but still kickin'

Ive not had 1 shatter, but I back all them in fiber tape and shoegoo. That one in the video is about 1.5 years old, and im as hard on it as you can be lol. Aside from running it into walls :ROFLMAO:

I've only had the one shatter but I never reinforced it with anything. Definitely have to at least Gorilla tape them they last much longer.

I've only had the one shatter but I never reinforced it with anything. Definitely have to at least Gorilla tape them they last much longer.
I think imma start doing that instead, I'm tired of fiber tape and shoegoo, Price and Time is just to much. I've done at least 10 or 12 bodies in shoegoo over the years and im done.

Does the Gorilla tape hold up just about as well, i assume it would?

I think imma start doing that instead, I'm tired of fiber tape and shoegoo, Price and Time is just to much. I've done at least 10 or 12 bodies in shoegoo over the years and im done.

Does the Gorilla tape hold up just about as well, i assume it would?

The shoe goo and fiber tape is better but it's such a pain to do, the gorilla tape is quick and easy but can peel off. Speaking of which I need to get another roll or gorilla tape.

The shoe goo and fiber tape is better but it's such a pain to do, the gorilla tape is quick and easy but can peel off. Speaking of which I need to get another roll or gorilla tape.
I had it down to a good system with a proper paint brush and all, but still im sick of doing it. Imma grab some tape and try it that way, not like it cant be pulled off for some reason. Thanks

Yeah Gorilla tape is fiber reinforced and is very tacky. Use a heat gun, pressing hard and to get it to stick well. What I use now, just in a few key areas where it tends to break, and then more Gor. Tape as needed when it breaks more. I may use a Hot glue gun in some areas with scrap Lexan to reinforce some broken areas. Like at the back edge where it also likes to crack, near the wing and mounts
The Shoogoo/E6000 thing with drywall tape is much too costly, time consuming, messy and even still the body will break in consistent key areas. Quite tired of doing all that for naught. The body gets heavy as well. I tried Flex Seal and all of them. No more for me. I just keep running the body until it wont stay on anymore and go to JennysRC for another. Or paint up a clear one if I am in the mood.
I run the PL Unbreakable on my Kraton now. Tired of buying K6s bodies, done with that years ago. Some Arrma bodies are just very bad in this regard.

Last edited:
Yeah Gorilla tape is fiber reinforced and is very tacky. Use a heat gun, pressing hard and to get it to stick well. What I use now, just in a few key areas where it tends to break, and then more Gor. Tape as needed when it breaks more. I may use a Hot glue gun in some areas with scrap Lexan to reinforse some broken areas. Like at the back edge where it also likes to crack, near the wing and mounts
The Shoogoo/E6000 thing with drywall tape is much too costly, time consuming, messy and even still the body will break in consistent key areas. Quite tired of doing all that for naught. The body gets heavy as well. I tried Flex Seal and all of them. No more for me. I just keep running the body until it wont stay on anymore and go to JennysRC for another. Or paint up a clear one if I am in the mood.
I run the PL Unbreakable on my Kraton now. Tired of buying K6s bodies, done with that years ago. Some Arrma bodies are just very bad in this regard.
Good call on the heat, didnt think about that, should help a bit to really form it to the body in cracks and small areas.

Yeah Gorilla tape is fiber reinforced and is very tacky. Use a heat gun, pressing hard and to get it to stick well. What I use now, just in a few key areas where it tends to break, and then more Gor. Tape as needed when it breaks more. I may use a Hot glue gun in some areas with scrap Lexan to reinforse some broken areas. Like at the back edge where it also likes to crack, near the wing and mounts

I always forget the heat.

Sometimes it's good to Double layer the Gor. Tape. in certain key areas. Heat is your friend. Tape gets super tacky when it sets up. I find a day later is even stronger. Using heat and pressed very firmly, you want to see the Tapes adhesive ooze out some around the edges.
Yet, even the tape can rip from some cracks with hard hits.
I cant justify needing to tape every square inch of the body. Not needed. Just a waste and makes the body too heavy. How I see it at least.

>>>Focus on the front just above the Tower and holes, the A Pillers near the Windshield and at the rear, near the Body post holes and rear body edges. Where I see the most damage. The front Tower does a number on the body with roll overs, try using a layer of scrap Lexan Taped into place well just above the Tower's shock standoffs

Last edited:
I'm not sure why I picked the dodge but it's been my favorite.

Snapchat-328480849.jpg

20210609_191613.jpg

20210603_211603.jpg

20210609_031910_04.jpg

20210609_191600.jpg

I'm not a fan of Dodge or Rams for that matter. If it weren't for the Ram trucks and mini vans Chrysler would have gone the way of the Dodo years ago. Idk why but aside from like 2 people everyone I have ever known that had anything made by Chrysler it was always a giant pile of crap. They make some nice looking stuff but that's about it.

Back