Kraton Arrma Kraton Suspension Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepijj221

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I've been experiencing problems last week with the front suspension..
The car lays really low in the front, the suspension is weak..
The rear suspension works well.
I already changed the springs for better ones (88gf/mm), changed the oil to 700.
Checked if the arms moved up and down without shocks, yes they do.
still a big problem, if i brake the bumper gets damaged (a lot)..

IMG_3320.JPG

Any help would be appreciated!

Kind Regards

Pepijn

Your springs definitely look to small. Replace with Tekno springs. Also pull springs off and check your shocks. They could be blown out.

I've been experiencing problems last week with the front suspension..
The car lays really low in the front, the suspension is weak..
The rear suspension works well.
I already changed the springs for better ones (88gf/mm), changed the oil to 700.
Checked if the arms moved up and down without shocks, yes they do.
still a big problem, if i brake the bumper gets damaged (a lot)..

Any help would be appreciated!

Kind Regards

Pepijn
You definitely have the wrong springs on the front shocks! The springs on all four corners are 90mm. If replacing them with more performance minded springs then you need 100 - 120mm springs, gives you more lead way on adjusting them.

Your springs definitely look to small. Replace with Tekno springs. Also pull springs off and check your shocks. They could be blown out.

I will 2nd the idea to pull the shocks off and make sure you have not broken the pistons. Though it would be odd to break 2 pistons and not remember the jump that did it. My bet is the new springs will change everything for you.

I will 2nd the idea to pull the shocks off and make sure you have not broken the pistons. Though it would be odd to break 2 pistons and not remember the jump that did it. My bet is the new springs will change everything for you.
Thanks.

I think they are Ok..?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 51
Right on bro. Those look fine, from the outside, and like I said before, it is most likely your springs. However, when we referred to the pistons, we were talking about the disk, inside the shock body, with the holes in it. This can break, but even if it did, the springs should hold you up.

Quick suggestion, if you plan to bash and jump it, you will be going through shock parts at some point soon. It would not be a bad idea to grab some extra shock rods and shock rod ends. They are known for breaking, and then being hard to find. There are upgrade shock options too, but for now we're just talking stock shocks. I think the stock shocks are good for what they are, and will keep the average basher plenty satisfied.

The orange tekno springs may be a little too stiff for the front. Most people are using the yellow ones for the front. Like I mentioned before though, make sure you get the right length, the springs come in different lengths so make sure to get the right ones or you'll be in the same boat again.

Right on bro. Those look fine, from the outside, and like I said before, it is most likely your springs. However, when we referred to the pistons, we were talking about the disk, inside the shock body, with the holes in it. This can break, but even if it did, the springs should hold you up.

Quick suggestion, if you plan to bash and jump it, you will be going through shock parts at some point soon. It would not be a bad idea to grab some extra shock rods and shock rod ends. They are known for breaking, and then being hard to find. There are upgrade shock options too, but for now we're just talking stock shocks. I think the stock shocks are good for what they are, and will keep the average basher plenty satisfied.

Thanks for the explanation.
Im quite new to this hobby so I'm learning;)
I'll check them.
And call my local shop for selling me the wrong springs..

I agree that the new springs should take care of your issue, but in the future here are a couple other things to think about.

Another place to check is the lower hinge pins in the front, they take a heck of a beating and get overlooked sometimes. Now that I have my truck set up I know if the front end seems sluggish to return to level that there is a good chance that my hinge pins are jacked.

You can also tell if the piston inside the shock is busted because the spring will be the only thing working and that will cause the truck to get very bouncy. Even a drop test should show this pretty clearly.

Also, if you haven't put a bigger washer (diameter not thickness) above and below the shock piston, I would recommend it.

Once you get those Tekno springs you can get back to jumping over the house.:)

I see shock issues seem to be a thing with arrma.are they sub par or just basher like me that can break anything off a roof.lol.

I see shock issues seem to be a thing with arrma.are they sub par or just basher like me that can break anything off a roof.lol.
The arrma shocks are really decent shocks for what they are. Not everything on these rigs are made of high standards but are well made and can hold their own. As for bashers like us that love to push the limits and say "hell yeah, I can do that" we tend to break stuff, especially the shocks that take the impact from a 50 foot high landing.....lol. There are a few things you can do to make them last longer but nothing you can do to make them bullet proof. One good piece of advice that I can offer is to pick up some spare shock plastics or maybe an extra set of shocks from eBay, this way when something does happen you won't be down long.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back