Kraton Arrma kraton tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, I was wondering if the badlands 3.8" tires would fit the stock arrma wheels, I measured the rims they are 3.8". The reason why I am asking is because one of the front tires exploded and it won't glue back up.
what do you guys think?
Lol arrma kraton haven't broken a thing, but exploded a tire :D
my kraton has had a hard life, I beat the daylights out of it :D

Thanks-
Spence

Last edited:
I have a Kraton v2 and Nero - gone through bigjoe2s, SuperSwampers, shockwaves and now trencher Xs. Only the bigjoes have survived. I just got Louise Cyclone MTs and will limit them to 4S. I need to reduce my throttle a bit but I love to launch.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 254
would taping the tires stop them from exploding or? I may just go for a pair of stockers, although it seems you can't just buy the tire as that is a custom thing really with aftermarket tires maybe.

Hi all, I was wondering if the badlands 3.8" tires would fit the stock arrma wheels, I measured the rims they are 3.8". The reason why I am asking is because one of the front tires exploded and it won't glue back up.
what do you guys think?
Lol arrma kraton haven't broken a thing, but exploded a tire :D
my kraton has had a hard life, I beat the daylights out of it :D

Thanks-
Spence
Are you running 6S ? And....were you ballooning the tires real bad to get them to explode ?

Did your tires rip or did they just peel away from the rim ?

If they just peeled from the rim...clean with alcohol and get fresh crazy glue...it will glue back up to the rim. It has to be clean, and the glue needs to be new.

If you are exploding tires...try 200K in center diff, a wheelie bar, and maybe an ESC like a Castle Creation with a Castle Link...you can fine tune the power curve of the vehicle so you are easier on parts. It will still be fast but it will be smoother. IDK....just my opinion. Also, basher tires are not the same as speed tires, you got to choose the best for the task at hand

You can tape the big meats also...Trenchers are awesome basher tires but they work better when taped and balanced and limited . They are great basher tires at lower speeds.....but the kraton is also fast. Find the happy medium/ sweet spot for the Kraton .

I use the Badlands for fast speed off road ripping...then I use the stocks more for on and off road combinations....I will purchase Trenchers for bashing at slower speed. I have them on other RC's....they are awesome. Best of luck to you....Enjoy !!!!

Last edited:
Would badlands be a good upgrade? I think putting thicker diff fluid in this thing would maybe help with the tire exploding issue as it would push more power to the rear wheels. I have a feeling I could make the badlands for traxxas stuff fit the stock wheels, the stock wheels are 3.8"s and if in doubt I could always trim the ridge and just glue them and tape the inside so they don't explode :D

Badlands dig in and are lighter than stock. They do look better with certain bodies...not super good with the stock body but still decent. They can get you running a little cooler if needed. They are good to have in a tire collection.

Would badlands be a good upgrade? I think putting thicker diff fluid in this thing would maybe help with the tire exploding issue as it would push more power to the rear wheels. I have a feeling I could make the badlands for traxxas stuff fit the stock wheels, the stock wheels are 3.8"s and if in doubt I could always trim the ridge and just glue them and tape the inside so they don't explode :D

Put in thicker center diff fluid and set the punch to the setting where you are not stressing out the parts. A good ESC works wonders on parts and tires. You will have finer control over the power band of an electric motor. The power is too instant with a brushless motor...you have to use a throttle curve and punch control to control it. Or you just blow stuff up.

Last edited:
so yes to the badlands? I really liked them when I had badlands on my rustler vxl... Is it likely I could adapt the stock wheels to make the badlands fit since they are 3.8" wheels? The ridge could be removed on the stock wheels, or would I just want to buy the pre-mounted ones? But I wanted to tape them tho lol, I know the boiling method and I have never ruined tires with this method to break the ca maybe I should buy the pre mounted ones and remove the tires and tape them? I mean its almost $100 for pre-mounted wheels+tires with badlands, would it be wise to get the tires and attempt to re-use the old rims? I would save $30 that way

I've been running Badland's on 6S and 5S.... I have 50K front 200K center 30K rear...I have my punch set about 60% on 5S now....With a slight throttle curve programmed into the ESC. (you can't do that with the stock one but you can adjust the punch). Between the thicker center diff and adding some punch control...I don't see that they need tape.

The Badlands are not as wide as the stock rim and tires also. There isn't much room to play around with the sidewall on Badlands. The sidewall has to drop directly to the rim. If the stock rim is wider...it isn't going to work. It's not worth it. I would probably tape and balance a set of Trenchers but the Badland's are great for haulin a$$ on wide open grass or dirt. If you set up your center diff and esc...they don't balloon up. A stock Kraton will balloon the heck out of any tire. Not so with one that has been setup better.

I like Badlands for running fast offroad in short grass fields with jumps. Lately ...these are my go to tires. If I'm more on the road and some off road....I'll run stock. I still need to get Trenchers for just bashing in the back yard. Trenchers soak up jumps and ruts nice. they act like big shock absorbers and it's an entire different feeling.

Badlands, as you can see here....are smaller. They lack the monster look, but they sure do get traction, speed and they are light. The A-Arms are wide on the kraton to take some huge meats. But I do feel the Badlands are fun. You need a few different sets of tires to fully enjoy a Kraton. If you want to stop exploding tires...I would just work on the center diff and punch. Hope this helps a little. Enjoy.

brace1_zpsm3h6l5ia.jpg

Last edited:
so just buying pre mounted badlands on the desperado rims, for yes $92 "ugh" and some 200k center diff fluid would help out a lot? And I wouldn't have any more tire explosions? so the 200k center diff fluid would blow some power to the rears too?
So would I need to tape them?
I like running 6s never going back to 4s anytime soon lol
I mainly run on grass in which that case I think the badlands would be great, would there be a big loss in speed if I ran the badlands? So it would be worth it to just buy the pre-mounted ones then? yeesh so expensive! I make money but at $92 for a full set yeesh, I bought two rear tires for an atc 200x for that much and those were for a 3wheeler!

Last edited:
I bet you could fit a Badland to a stock rim and trim off some of the rim.... but I wouldn't want to bother with it. It would be cool to see someone give it a try...then post up a pic.

I never explode tires on my RC's....I could if I wanted to but I tune them so they do not. You are not utilizing the excessive power unless you direct it where it's needed, even it out, and smooth it out. Do the center diff 200k and try adding less punch. Throw a wheelie bar on also.

Yes....Pro-Line stuff is expensive.

Last edited:
so pre mounted badlands without taping them, and 200k center diff fluid will do the trick then? :)
if so thanks man
I am about to complete the purchase just finalizing :D
cause I'm about to spend $102!
I really loved the badlands on my rustler vxl, traction on grass was second to none, along with gravel and dirt, that is what I mainly run on, I think I should get the badlands :D
sorry to question pro line, but I can see $90 for some cheap atc 200x compatible atv tires-wow cheap, but 4 pieces of molded rubber and plastic rims $92!? Wow lol I sure love pro line but darn that is pricey

Last edited:
I like to keep an eye on my tires, if I notice them balooning too much I let off the throttle and make any adjustments I can if necessary. I have thus never had a tire explode. Like Vanning said, if your fronts are ballooning too much, its time to make some changes.

On a side note, you can find new sets of stock Kraton wheels/tires fairly cheap on ebay. I just picked up a set of older style Kraton wheels/tires for about $40 shipped. :) They get better grip than the new style imo.

so pre mounted badlands without taping them, and 200k center diff fluid will do the trick then? :)
if so thanks man
I really loved the badlands on my rustler vxl, traction on grass was second to none, along with gravel and dirt, that is what I mainly run on, I think I should get the badlands :D
sorry to question pro line, but I can see $90 for some cheap atc 200x compatible atv tires-wow cheap, but 4 pieces of molded rubber and plastic rims $92!? Wow lol I sure love pro line but darn that is pricey

Badlands are great tires, i just don't love the look of them on the Kraton. I loved them on my Slash Platinum

My buddy has them on his Talion and it flies.

They are smaller and lighter than stock so you will gain speed rather than lose.

As for complaining about the price....you need to pay to play...and no point crying about it as we are all in the same boat.

I have at least 4 sets of tires for each of my 2 RC's at the moment. Also 4 ESC's, 6 motors, 6 new lipos, and 3 chargers on hand. Guaranteed it all cost me more than $92.

This isn't a cheap hobby...and there are a lot more expenses than just buying an RTR.

I like to keep an eye on my tires, if I notice them balooning too much I let off the throttle and make any adjustments I can if necessary. I have thus never had a tire explode. Like Vanning said, if your fronts are ballooning too much, its time to make some changes.

On a side note, you can find new sets of stock Kraton wheels/tires fairly cheap on ebay. I just picked up a set of older style Kraton wheels/tires for about $40 shipped. :) They get better grip than the new style imo.
Older style Kraton tires look fantastic. That's a great price...I like to see people have success with low cost. However....this hobby is costly.

if so thanks man

4 Pro-line 3.8 mounted on Desperado for $85.49, or best offer on E-Bay. I got my Kraton cheap and my Pro-Line Badlands. I love ...."or best offer deals" . On E-Bay.

Last edited:
I just bought the 200k diff fluid and 4 badlands pre mounted for $105 holy crap thats a ton of money

Don't feel bad.....I spend that and more just about every weekend on RC. For over 30 years.

so is the 200k fluid thicker than stock? So the tires up front won't balloon as bad? I feel the badlands are a better choice for what I run on, I hope I don't get extreme ballooning lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back