Kraton Arrma Kraton unbalanced wheels? (vibrating)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednas_N

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Since yesterday I am a proud owner of my new Arrma Kraton V2. So, I made a few rides on road and a bit off road (no hills, no jumps) only flat surface. But today I noticed that the Arrma Kraton is vibrating a lot. I also included a video to let you know what I mean:

Is this normal? As you can see, when I give more throttle the vibrating disappears.

Last edited:
It's common. I bought a Integy wheel balancer. Works great. You can look at videos on YouTube to learn how to balance them

Yeah I see that with all my tires. Real bad with my Road crushers. Like Ole Fart said, time to buy a wheel balancer system.

my Terrain Crushers are horribly our of balance.

I have read others suggesting drilling/melting holes in the tires to let the dirt out...i wonder if this is a good idea or not.

Once you get dirt in them. Its nearly impossible to get it out. I had the SRC terrain trenchers on my Kraton. I didn't like them at all, Hard to balance, They put too much stress on the suspension because they are too firm. believe it or not, The best tire combo that I have found is the Redcat Avalanche tires,(from ebay) Buy them "NOT" assembled, Turn each tire inside-out, Clean inner surface with alcohol, Apply 1 layer of Gorilla Tape around tire, Turn tires back to normal and put fingers inside tires to push tape down firm. Gorilla tape the vent holes on the wheels. Then Put on wheel, Install foam then glue then balance. Finished product, No ballooning, Great traction. Give it a shot, You wont be disappointed.

Hello, I am back again.. I think I made about 10 rides now and at the beginning I noticed something was wrong with the tyres and I think I have found out what. One sounds and feels like a 'flat' tire, like there is no foam in it. I also made a video and I hope you can see it. Is this normal? It's the wheel in the corner. I guess I am going to buy some trenchers.. :)

Hello, I am back again.. I think I made about 10 rides now and at the beginning I noticed something was wrong with the tyres and I think I have found out what. One sounds and feels like a 'flat' tire, like there is no foam in it. I also made a video and I hope you can see it. Is this normal? It's the wheel in the corner. I guess I am going to buy some trenchers.. :)
Either the foam is missing or bunched up. Call Arrma, if foam is missing, they will replace them. Try the Avalanche or Terremoto tires. Much better tires. But you must re glue the Terremoto tires

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back