Arrma kraton v2 biggest tire will fit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember when you put bigger wheels and tires, you are not only adding weight, but if you are getting wider tires you will be adding to the footprint on the ground, which will be harder to turn. The reason I mention this is because if you haven’t upgraded your servo yet, you may find the new tire will work you servo to death. Which might not be a bad thing, because then you get to upgrade it. Stock servo has 160 ounces of torque, I think and my savox has 277 oz. Some guys on here are rocking 400+ plus ounces of torque, so they can move any tire on the market. The stock servo is going to suffer, which huge tires. Someone’s review, on Amazon, of the tire you mentioned said the hole set weighed 5 lbs. If that is true, the tires will be more than 1/3rd of the weight of the car.

Backflip tires are 6.8 inch diameter, and I think they're contributing to my heat issues, I'm gearing down to 12t pinion, wouldn't want to go any larger.

Yeah, as others said, gear down, servo, servo mount.

When I was servo shopping, the local racers I talked to all said look for +300oz/in torque for truggy. Racing truggies are running lighter wheels with less power than us bashers, so that is why I went with +400oz/in. Also, when servo shopping make sure you are reading the 6.0v specs, and not 7.2 or 8.4. Also watch the speed, some cheaper high torque servos are really slow. My Kraton runs a Savox 2270sg and my Talion had a Protec 150t.

Yeah, as others said, gear down, servo, servo mount.

When I was servo shopping, the local racers I talked to all said look for +300oz/in torque for truggy. Racing truggies are running lighter wheels with less power than us bashers, so that is why I went with +400oz/in. Also, when servo shopping make sure you are reading the 6.0v specs, and not 7.2 or 8.4. Also watch the speed, some cheaper high torque servos are really slow. My Kraton runs a Savox 2270sg and my Talion had a Protec 150t.
Is it waterproof ? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong one. I went to their site and it showed one similar named as the one you listed but only 347 oz torque @6v.
Thinking maybe they don't sell the one you have anymore. Reason why I'm asking is because I'm looking into a larger tire upgrade for the kraton the clodbuster tires or possibly the big Joe's. But also want the servo waterproof.
Saw that protek makes one but unsure of their reliability. Also saw hitec makes one that's rated for 1m underwater but it's slower at .2 speed.
Not really sure where the cut off is speed wise before a servo isn't ideal due to slow movement speed

Unless you plan on running your truck underwater, I would not worry about waterproof. My Kraton gets wet, and yes, has been underwater. Servo is not waterproof, but never had an issue. Plus my other RC's, none have WP servo's, and I don't worry. Several have been under water. ( I have cooked a few ESC's from water damage, though.) If you concerned, instead of buying a WP servo, get a good servo and waterproof it yourself.

Here is the servo in my Kraton. When I got it, I had the BLX180, which was 7.4v BEC. Now running the HW rebrand BLX200 with BEC @ 6.0v. Not as fast, but still plenty of power.

Here is a guide on how to make almost any servo waterproof, from the man, the myth, the legend, TheJang-

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back