SOLD / FOUND Arrma Kraton 4s V2 w/ Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most "standard size" upgrade servos like the AMZ DS3235sg 35kg servo, have 25 splines on its output shaft. So you need a matching arm/horn that is also 25 spline. Check what you have as stock. Usually Spektrum RTR stock Servos are 23 spline. Double check first so you have all the parts to do it right, one and done. I have the 3235's in all my 6s rigs. Plenty strong and for the price. It will fit most any 1/10 -1/7 scale model.

Most "standard size" upgrade servos like the AMZ DS3235sg 35kg servo, have 25 splines on its output shaft. So you need a matching arm/horn that is also 25 spline. Check what you have as stock. Usually Spektrum RTR stock Servos are 23 spline. Double check first so you have all the parts to do it right, one and done. I have the 3235's in all my 6s rigs. Plenty strong and for the price. It will fit most any 1/10 -1/7 scale model.
This is exactly what I was looking for thank you so much for the response going to take a look online today I was thinking of getting one on Amazon but last night ventured into the world of aliexpress and others and that opened up a whole new door but at least I know what I'm looking for roughly now thank you for the info 👍😊

Reactions: SrC
I looked on Amazon for the skid plates but can't find one that says it will fit the 4s v2 does the 35 servo fit right in with any any fabrication?
The aluminum chassis skid is from big rock 3s v3..it’s a little short but it protects most of it..

I'm pretty sure the 4SV2 BLX has the 23 spline if I did order one of those servos it gives me the option for two different degree angles I believe there are 180 and 270 which one would I need?

Either one would be fine. As a rule, 99% of Surface RC Servos used for Steering are 180 Degrees. What you see most of the time.
However when installing any new servo, you must always adjust its Steering Endpoints at the radio. Radio Manual in hand. Some radios are different setting up your EPA. When you do this, most servos end up with barely 60 Degrees of sweep angle anyway when the ST EPA is properly set up. So buying a 270 or 180 degree servo does not matter. Just choose the 180 one as a rule, if you have the choice. I've run both types of the DS3235 AMZ 35 KG servo. Like 9 of them in all my 6s rigs. Both run and perform the same. I have purchased 270 degree ones if the they are cheaper priced. Which happens from time to time.;)

>>>Also 99% of upgrade servos are always 25 spline. Double check your 4s 4x4 OE Spline count setup to confirm. You might just need a matching 25 Splined Servo Saver as well. Not tragic. Most Spektrum OE servos have been 23 spline. Recently they have changed out the Servo and matching 23 spl. SS with some kits and now run 25 spline Servos and Servo savers going forward. Double check this for sure.

A common question.
Enjoy.:cool:

Last edited:
The stock servo is 23t and most upgraded one's are 25t. You will need a new servo saver as it is the horn on 4s arrmas.

Either one would be fine. As a rule, 99% of Surface RC Servos used for Steering are 180 Degrees. What you see most of the time.
However when installing any new servo, you must always adjust its Steering Endpoints at the radio. Radio Manual in hand. Some radios are different setting up your EPA. When you do this, most servos end up with barely 60 Degrees of sweep angle anyway when the ST EPA is properly set up. So buying a 270 or 180 degree servo does not matter. Just choose the 180 one as a rule, if you have the choice. I've run both types of the DS3235 AMZ 35 KG servo. Like 9 of them in all my 6s rigs. Both run and perform the same. I have purchased 270 degree ones if the they are cheaper priced. Which happens from time to time.;)

>>>Also 99% of upgrade servos are always 25 spline. Double check your 4s 4x4 OE Spline count setup to confirm. You might just need a matching 25 Splined Servo Saver as well. Not tragic. Most Spektrum OE servos have been 23 spline. Recently they have changed out the Servo and matching 23 spl. SS with some kits and now run 25 spline Servos and Servo savers going forward. Double check this for sure.

A common question.
Enjoy.:cool:
Hey thanks a lot man this was exactly what I was trying to figure out I actually just pretty much took my entire rig apart today took the wheels off took a the motor checked the mesh going to replace the spur and we do the shock oils and everything and while I've got it all out I would really like to replace the servo so this one definitely is a 23 t but when it comes to servos I am honestly clueless of how it all works I did however order the new bell crank with bearings and it's all aluminum which comes highly suggested by quite a few owners of the same vehicle They said it helps with a lot of the sloth and everything else so when I do that I would like to replace the servo so do I buy the servo and then all I will need is a 25t servo savor from arrma? They have the 23 and 25t on Amazon. So I'm assuming I'll need the 25t since that's what those new servos are on Amazon right? Do I need anything else or just the servo kit and then the 25t saver I'll post some pics of the saver and the servo that I'm planning on putting in it I really appreciate the help this form is fantastic!

Yeah 99% of upgrade servos out there are in fact 25 tooth splined. Not 23, like much of the Spekrum stocker servos. Some very new Arrma 6s models are now coming with Spektrum 25's. Yeah def. buy a 25 spline Arrma servo arm/horn to match whatever servo you choose. Just make sure it is at least 35 kg or stronger, whatever you choose. I run a DS3235 35 kg servo AMZ $34.00, I been through all the expensive ones at triple the price and more.. For bashing I am good with all 9 of the AMZ ones in all my 6s rigs. It's your wallet to decide. Just remembr that servos are consumable items. With bashing they get abused, no matter what you got in there. I always keep a spare AMZ one on the side. And have never used it in like 2 years. But cheap enough to always have a backup.
I would not be Racing at the track with a cheap servo however. I used to be a $Futaba$ servo/radio fanboy years back at the track. I don't race anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back