Kraton arrma kraton v3 vs v5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

short course basher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
someone is selling a highly upgraded kraton v3 (motor esc chasis shock towers servo chassis brace hubs a arms etc) wondering if there are any big conserns with the v3 that he has not changed and wondering if they would be a big problem?

Compare the price of a new V5 RTR K6 ( $550. and comes with 2 year warranty), Warranty might matter to you, IDK. It does add value. See what he $wants$ for it. Is it clean and well cared for? Or is it a dirty mess, with Rusted out screws stripped plastic parts etc? The chassis and towers may even be bent? Is it turn key Ready to drive or does it need an overhaul? Did it sit in a damp garage for 6 years, because the owner lost interest in the hobby? Just have to pose these questions. Best to see a used rig in person. I have purchased used before. There are great deals out there. But only if I can physically see it, and run it. Just me. Ask for many pix, if not in person. Are you sure it originally was a V3? Could be older?
Then get back here.
Hard to say exactly what was upgraded and the upgrade "Brand" parts he used. There are alot of cheapo Upgrade brands out there. Much is just Bling. Did he upgrade the Electrics also? Does it still have the cheap stock V3 Tactic radio? The V5 is much more mature, durability wise out the box these days.
The V3 versus the V4 was even a big difference. The V3 might just be worth it depending on the asking price. In "stock form", a V3 is not worth much used, FWIW. But V5 Parts crossover compatbility with the V3 will work for the most part.
How much is he asking.????? Should be close to $300. give or take IMHO. A new V3 back then was under $400. back then. Despite the many upgrades, you never get back what you paid for them. Unless you part out the rig.

Last edited:
Compare the price of a new V5 RTR K6 ( $550. and comes with 2 year warranty), Warranty might matter to you, IDK. It does add value. See what he $wants$ for it. Is it clean and well cared for? Or is it a dirty mess, with Rusted out screws stripped plastic parts etc? The chassis and towers may even be bent? Is it turn key Ready to drive or does it need an overhaul? Did it sit in a damp garage for 6 years, because the owner lost interest in the hobby? Just have to pose these questions. Best to see a used rig in person. I have purchased used before. There are great deals out there. But only if I can physically see it, and run it. Just me. Ask for many pix, if not in person. Are you sure it originally was a V3? Could be older?
Then get back here.
Hard to say exactly what was upgraded and the upgrade "Brand" parts he used. There are alot of cheapo Upgrade brands out there. Much is just Bling. Did he upgrade the Electrics also? Does it still have the cheap stock V3 Tactic radio? The V5 is much more mature, durability wise out the box these days.
The V3 versus the V4 was even a big difference. The V3 might just be worth it depending on the asking price. In "stock form", a V3 is not worth much used, FWIW. But V5 Parts crossover compatbility with the V3 will work for the most part.
How much is he asking.????? Should be close to $300. give or take IMHO. A new V3 back then was under $400. back then. Despite the many upgrades, you never get back what you paid for them. Unless you part out the rig.
yeah the one problem i have with this possible purchase is the fact i cant test it, it does have m2c racing shock towers front/rear and chassis hot racing braces servo horn servo mount and motor mount rpm a arms all around max 6 esc hobbystar 6s motor rpm wingmounts and savox servo hot racing hubs all around and unbreakable body here are a few pics it also comes with new vented dboot backflips it would cost me about $420 for it it appears to be in pretty good condition also has new bearings throughout the whole car
1674845146911.png
1674845160007.png
1674845195587.png

Last edited:
yeah the one problem i have with this possible purchase is the fact i cant test it, it does have m2c racing shock towers front/rear and chassis hot racing braces servo horn servo mount and motor mount rpm a arms all around max 6 esc hobbystar 6s motor rpm wingmounts and savox servo hot racing hubs all around and unbreakable body here are a few pics it also comes with new vented dboot backflips it would cost me about $420 for it it appears to be in pretty good condition also has new bearings throughout the whole car View attachment 273362View attachment 273363View attachment 273364
also do you no what kind of savox servo is on their, it for sure has been discontinued as far as i know just wondering what its specs are.

also do you no what kind of savox servo is on their, it for sure has been discontinued as far as i know just wondering what its specs are.
It looks like a 1211SG.
Specifications:

• Torque @6v - 15.0kg/208.3oz-in
  • Torque @7.4v - 25.0kg/347.2.0oz-in
  • Speed @6v - 0.10 sec/60 deg
  • Speed @7.4v - 0.08 sec/60 deg
  • Dimensions L x W x H (mm): 40.6 x 20.7 x 42.0
  • Weight: 71.0g
Then get back here.
Hey now I would take the "cheap" stock V3 Tactic radio over the Spetrum radio they include now. The TTX300 was seriously one of if not the best ready to run radio systems on the market imho. I liked that radio so much that I even bought a retail version when I did my SCX10-II build.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back