Kraton Arrma Kraton V4 6s diff shims needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, guys. RC veteran of 30 years here, but newbie to Arrma. Just got my v4 Kraton and took it for my first spin and love it! Totally agreed that 100k is too light in the center diff and I’m going to order some thinker fluid. But back to the main topic here - while I have it apart, does the v4 need to be shimmed any further? Sorry but all the various threads are confusing. And if so, what shims are recommended? Thanks!
Yes. Some replace the shim behind the sun gear and pin with the larger Mugen shim. This helps protect the oring and pin.

Others add more behind the planetary gears as well. Most also shim the main gear and input gear to get them tighter meshed too.

Thanks! I see millions of posts with tons of different part numbers. Does anyone know which ones I should get for the v4?

The Kyosho's are for the Ring gear/input gear. Usually one is needed depending. It varies. The Mugens are for the internal satellite and sun gears. I would buy several of each. It's a staple item with Arrma diffs.
Also, the Kyosho shims can be used to dial out Axel slop. I buy extras of these for this reason. You may go through 8 of these. The outer hub bearings are identical to the diff bearings. I place them behind the outer bearings at the axle hubs. Sometimes 2 or 3 each depending. You need a tick of end play there. Bearings should not be tight.
Good luck.(y):cool:
20200412_195244.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back