Kraton Arrma Kraton V4 6S end points and throttle setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaueruTc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Well that did not last long till I posted a thread asking for some help!

I just purchased a new Kraton V4 6S a few days ago. I am completely new to the scene not having had an RC since I was a kid. Now I need a little help and believe me I have read the manual from front to back a number of times thinking I must have missed it but still could not find the info I was looking for. I also looked at the manual for the receiver and could not find the answers that I was looking for.

I want to make sure the car is setup correctly before taking her out for the first time. I have read about setting the steering end points to protect the servo and have watched a few videos explaining how to do this. My issue is that the videos and guides I have found are all for the older versions with the Tactic TTX300 remote and the V4 which I have comes with the Spektrum STX2 remote.

In the old V3 manual it goes through how to setup the steering end points but in the V4 manual it does not tell you how to make the adjustments with the STX2 remote. I did try and follow the instructions for the V3 but used the twist dial E on the reciever. But by the time I had backed off the steering so you could no longer here strain on the steering the steering lock was almost half of what it was to begin with so I doubt that I have the correct procedure for doing this unless I simply backed it off too far?

Probably such a noobish question and that is why it is not in the manual for the V4 but I am a complete novice at this and want to make sure she is setup correctly before taking her for the first run.

Whilst at it can I ask the same question about the throttle end points setup using dial d on the STX2 remote.

Again sorry if these are such basic questions but I have scoured the forums as well and I cant seem to find the answers to my questions anywere.

I can only repay atm with a nice pic of my new Kraton at this time!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully someone can help me!

Attachments

• 20190919_153034-01.jpeg
    20190919_153034-01.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
All you have for the STX2 is dial E. You simply turn that dial down until the wheels start to move towards center while holding the radio wheel full stop left or right.

Example, put the truck up on a block to get all four wheels off the ground. Turn dial E to 100%, then turn the wheels to the right. Turn dial E down from 100% slowly until you see the wheels moving towards center. Make a note of the dial position. Now check the left side. Turn dial E back to 100%. Follow the same steps as the right side. Whichever side needs a lower value, go with that value on dial E.

All you have for the STX2 is dial E. You simply turn that dial down until the wheels start to move towards center while holding the radio wheel full stop left or right.

Example, put the truck up on a block to get all four wheels off the ground. Turn dial E to 100%, then turn the wheels to the right. Turn dial E down from 100% slowly until you see the wheels moving towards center. Make a note of the dial position. Now check the left side. Turn dial E back to 100%. Follow the same steps as the right side. Whichever side needs a lower value, go with that value on dial E.

Jondilly1974 thank you very much for the correct setup procedure! That all makes perfect sense! I knew I must have been doing it wrong as I hardly had any steering lock afterwards! Where I was going wrong was that as I was watching the videos for the old remote with a V3 so I was switching everything on with wheel fully to the right then adjusting. I did not have dial e at 100% I had it bang in the middle before turning to up then backing off so that will be where I was going wrong for sure!

Would you happen to know what I should be doing with the throttle for dial d by any chance?

Sorry for the questions as it will be simple for most but still I am still wondering why this is not covered in the V4 manual on the exact process as it was for the V3. I hope you can see why I attempted the way i did as all i had to go off was the V3 manual.

Cheers!

Jondilly1974 thank you very much for the correct setup procedure! That all makes perfect sense! I knew I must have been doing it wrong as I hardly had any steering lock afterwards! Where I was going wrong was that as I was watching the videos for the old remote with a V3 so I was switching everything on with wheel fully to the right then adjusting. I did not have dial e at 100% I had it bang in the middle before turning to up then backing off so that will be where I was going wrong for sure!

Would you happen to know what I should be doing with the throttle for dial d by any chance?

Sorry for the questions as it will be simple for most but still I am still wondering why this is not covered in the V4 manual on the exact process as it was for the V3. I hope you can see why I attempted the way i did as all i had to go off was the V3 manual.

Cheers!
No question is a bad question here. We all need help from time to time and that’s the purpose of this site. Just remember to come back with your knowledge as you gain it.

I will be honest and say I have no idea why Dial D even exists when it also has the 50/75/100% throttle selector. Seems redundant to me. I would leave it and throttle limiter at 100% and calibrate the ESC. You can turn them down at any point after calibration if you want to slow the truck down. But I think both do the same thing ??‍♂️

No question is a bad question here. We all need help from time to time and that’s the purpose of this site. Just remember to come back with your knowledge as you gain it.

I will be honest and say I have no idea why Dial D even exists when it also has the 50/75/100% throttle selector. Seems redundant to me. I would leave it and throttle limiter at 100% and calibrate the ESC. You can turn them down at any point after calibration if you want to slow the truck down. But I think both do the same thing ??‍♂️

Just got home now and followed your instructions and it now seems perfect. I see what you mean about throttle rate now so I have cranked it up full but the first few runs will be with 50% throttle selected. Also sussed the throttle trim dial and have dialled it back just enough so it does not engage by itself as I always like a feather throttle but I guess I can mess about with it if need be.

I only noticed when following your instructions that to go forward the remote had to be switched to the reverse position so I just went through the esc calibration instructions, Switched it all off and back on and my throttle now goes forward in normal switched position. Also following you're instructions I made sure that the throttle rate dial and switch were both at 100% before I started the process.

Again thank you very much for the help and if i can ever help anyone else out down the line i most certainly will!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back