Kraton Arrma kraton v4 Servo upgrade recommendations !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Can someone please give me some ideas on a bad a** servo that is pretty fair priced thanks .. send links or the names thanks

What’s the glitch buster for and how do you use it
I don't run one, but the glitch buster works to make sure there's always enough power for the servo. Kind of like a mini storage can. Hopefully someone can be more technical, but I think you know what I mean

I don't run one, but the glitch buster works to make sure there's always enough power for the servo. Kind of like a mini storage can. Hopefully someone can be more technical, but I think you know what I mean
Will I be ok just running the servo .. what’s the difference in the stock and the savox ?? Just turns way faster ??

Will I be ok just running the servo .. what’s the difference in the stock and the savox ?? Just turns way faster ??
It's faster and more powerful. With big tires you need torque to turn them, especially in different terrains like dirt and grass. As far as whether you need the glitch buster or not, I'll tag @bicketybam and @olds97_lss here now, and maybe they can elaborate on whether you can go without it or not .

Specs to look at in a servo- torque, speed, case dimensions, output splines, gear material, voltage, and water proof if desired.

Many servos will perform better at higher voltage, but you need to upgrade other electronics for that on our cars.

Also some people have experienced burned up ESC that they believe was caused by increased amperage draw of different servos than stock.

Specs to look at in a servo- torque, speed, case dimensions, output splines, gear material, voltage, and water proof if desired.

Many servos will perform better at higher voltage, but you need to upgrade other electronics for that on our cars.

Also some people have experienced burned up ESC that they believe was caused by increased amperage draw of different servos than stock.

Too add to this, Tekno recommends a minimum 350oz/in servo for the EB48 which weighs a lot less than a Kraton, just let that sink in when you realize that the stock servo in the Kraton is about 197oz/in....... And people wonder why they burn up smh.

My stock servo just locked up. I ordered a new ProTek and a Savox, but, I want to drive now, so I installed an old Align helicopter cyclic servo. The DS 510 seems to function about like the stock but it is only rated at about 70 oz/in.

EDIT- The Align servo is getting burning hot. It will not last long at this rate.

Last edited:
I am thinking about getting the same servo, but it looks to shallow. tell me if you got it and if it worked?
Last seen May 3, 2019

Does your Arrma have a 23T servo horn? If not you will need one to run that servo. You can find servos on Amazon that are cheaper and will work just as good.

Im not sure I will have to look, its and Arrma Kraton 6s v5. I think im just going to get a eco boost servo and save my points for something else

It's just a large capacitor that sits on you BEC output, think of it as a (relatively) tiny battery that can charge and discharge really quickly. So it will soak up power when there's not a lot of load on the BEC and then dump that power to help prevent brownouts when the servo demands a ton of current. It might be useful if your running really close to the rated output of the BEC.
Example: The Savox 1210SG can draw up to [email protected] and if your BEC was rated for [email protected] a capacitor would be a good idea
Oh, also you can just buy a 10-15v capacitor for like $0.30 and make your own glitch buster for next to nothing

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back