Kraton Arrma Kraton V5 installing EXB diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popokesmoke

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey is it normal for my EXB diffs to have tight spots in the diff before any break ins?
I bought them prebuilt off a new rig on Jennys’s RC

Did you buy the whole Bulkhead with diff in side??? Don't know exactly where you see binding. Inside the diff cup or at the ring gear and input gear?
Should not do this.
Check shimming at the rig gear side BB as mounted in the bulkhead. If that's where the intermittent bind is .

In the 6 I've bought the LSD ones are typically notchy yes. The other few I've bought were open diffs and smooth sailing. Im assuming you mean the spiders as I have personally experienced this on everyone Ive had.

In the 6 I've bought the LSD ones are typically notchy yes. The other few I've bought were open diffs and smooth sailing. Im assuming you mean the spiders as I have personally experienced this on everyone Ive had.
Thanks buddy
Did you buy the whole Bulkhead with diff in side??? Don't know exactly where you see binding. Inside the diff cup or at the ring gear and input gear?
Should not do this.
Check shimming at the rig gear side BB as mounted in the bulkhead. If that's where the intermittent bind is .
Thanks

When shimmed correctly they are almost as smooth as a v4 diff. I always build / shim mine new or not.

90% of the time the "hard spots" are when the diff is loose. Add a shim inside and it gets smoother

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back