Kraton Arrma Kraton V5 slow on 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namshub

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys,

I was searching for a replacement for my good old Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 as it's harder and harder to get the spare parts for it. So I decided to go with the Kraton V5 because of the durability and so far I love it but I was shocked of the performance on 4S compared to the MT4 or TCs Punisher from a friend.

Did I miss something or is it just a fact that it's necessary to run the Kraton on 6S to fully unleash the beast.

Thanks for reading. :)

Hey guys,

I was searching for a replacement for my good old Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 as it's harder and harder to get the spare parts for it. So I decided to go with the Kraton V5 because of the durability and so far I love it but I was shocked of the performance on 4S compared to the MT4 or TCs Punisher from a friend.

Did I miss something or is it just a fact that it's necessary to run the Kraton on 6S to fully unleash the beast.

Thanks for reading. :)
Yea. It is heavy and feels weak on 4s unlike the typhon which does really well on 4s.

If you want to keep it 4s, I have found that a 15t pinion and 2200kv motor combo does really well. I ran it side by side with a kraton on stock electronics and could really tell a difference. But if you want it to really wake up, then 6s is a must. (For me this combo was perfect because I don't bash super hard).

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try a 15t pinion on 4S and if it's still not satisfying I'll switch to 6S. ;)

I was just wondering why there is such a big difference between other 1/8 models. The old MT4 is indeed not that heavy and a bit shorter but the Punisher has the same size as the Kraton and is going very well on 4S.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll try a 15t pinion on 4S and if it's still not satisfying I'll switch to 6S. ;)

I was just wondering why there is such a big difference between other 1/8 models. The old MT4 is indeed not that heavy and a bit shorter but the Punisher has the same size as the Kraton and is going very well on 4S.
The punisher is geared much differently than the kraton, so that makes sense.. those things are flat out nuts on 6s ;)

The punisher is geared much differently than the kraton, so that makes sense.. those things are flat out nuts on 6s ;)
Punisher also has a better power system and or motor. The definalely have an edge on Arrma for rtr electrics.

I have one of their systems in an xtr that I haven’t driven yet, I’m super excited to get it out soon tho!
Let us know what you think. I swear it’s better than the blx or spektrum 150 but maybe it’s just the gearing. They don’t seem to run any hotter either...

Finally found the time to test the 15t pinion today. Much better on 4S but still not satisfying enough for me... so I'll switch to 6S! :D :D :D
Unfortunately I got a really strange problem today but I'll post a new thread to not clutter this one with different topics. ;)

Finally found the time to test the 15t pinion today. Much better on 4S but still not satisfying enough for me... so I'll switch to 6S! :D :D :D
Unfortunately I got a really strange problem today but I'll post a new thread to not clutter this one with different topics. ;)
18t pinion on 4s is pretty lively and stays cool. I run 6s my dad runs 4s. 18t helps him keep up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back