Kraton Arrma. kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alejandro415

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’ve spent hours and days tryna fix my car so I’m here to see if anyone can help me . So I have a Kraton. 6s with the Blx motor and spektrum esc . I’m having very bad cogging problems. When I floor the throttle my car starts cogging and when I reverse it cogs very nasty as well , I’ve change both front and rear spiral and input gear thinking that was the problem since my local hobby shop said that was the problem and they changed it . After replacing both components my car still had the same cogging problem like it was before. With the amount of money I’ve spent to fix this problem I could’ve bought a new kraton v5 honestly. ! Can anyone please please help ?

Does the truck move at all? If no, pick up the truck by the wing, and roll it backwards on the front wheels. Do the rear wheels spin the same direction as the front wheels? If not, or if they don't want to spin, you probably flipped a diff. Easy to do, and now your F/R wheels want to spin opposite directions.

If they do spin same direction and spin free, what pinion are you running? Big pinions sometimes cog. If stock, check wiring as @JvG said. If you still can't find an issue, it may be the ESC, or maybe even the motor.

Size 16 pinion size with a Blx motor and spektrum esc . I’ve check all wires but they are fine

It still rolls freely when I do that .
Then it might be your motor. How's the motor spin? Call horizon hobby for a warranty if your motor is the problem.

Also I've read there has been some electrical issues with the servo causing a lot of problems. Try disconnecting the servo from the receiver and see how the car runs forwards and backwards

Last edited:
My motor is my last resort right now . How can you tell if you have a bad motor or not
You can open the motor and check bearings and the inside condition of the magnets and stator. You can check the play on the shaft side to side without opening it. To see if the bearing is okay.

Definitely will give both a try . I remember my servo giving me problem by not allowing my car to turn on or give throttle . I fixed that problem by putting a new servo . Will check out if servo does cause the cogging or not

Finally fixed my problem . What had happened was in my front diff my input gear and spiral gear were both pretty chewed up. I also found that my diff housing was broken and I’m guessing that was causing the diff to move slightly . I changed the diff housing with HR diff covers , changed my input gear , spiral gear and was able to change the diff fluids while at it . My biggest problem was that it only had 1 shim before in the diff which was giving no play for the spiral and input gear . Put 2 shims and it fixed my whole problem on top of everything else I’ve done . Highly recommend HR diff housing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back