Arrma limitless 🤬

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smashdaily

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton EXB
Can somebody explain to me what the hell is going on here this thing is brand new out-of-the-box???????? Do they normally come with bent driveshafts 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
B8270977-5831-454E-A5C5-AF81D4ADC84E.png
4760CF60-0C3A-444E-8CC9-DD9281D02E23.png

Unfortunately that is normal. Happens to the REAR driveshaft being very long. Arrma should have made it shorter or made the shaft much thicker. It osscillates like crazy. If you are speed running at higher speeds it becomes more and more of a problem. It does hit the rear chassis brace as a result . Not good. (n) Not wise to rev out that fast on the bench consistently though without load. Wear eye protection. It will take out an eye if it lets go.,IMHO. I notice this on my V1 Infr and Lim.
Especially noticeable on the bench.
There is a lame part that Arrma now includes ONLY with the V2 Infr and Felony. It sits under the Rr. DS and supports the rear Drive shaft with 2 small Ball bearings. It sucks, Tried it, got it for like $12. The BB's blew apart real fast within 10 minutes. It was a Band-aid approach that Arrma used to prevent oscillation. I went to upgrade driveshafts with larger diameter. RCAWD (1mm thicker and a bit longer)makes them sells them separately Fr and Rr. Scorched RC (3 mm thicker) makes a set(pair) only for around $100. Ouch. Have both. The RCAWD went in my Infr and the Scorched went on my Lim. don't bother with the Arrma BB support. The Lim was never revised since it was released and never comes with that part. Sucks anyway. Speed runners are not using them either.
You only need to upgrade the Rear Driveshaft. The front has no issue. Being much shorter. There is a thread somewhere on AF that spoke of this issue. If you care to read up on it more. Also Innovation RC YT'er did a video about this.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Normal for sure.. seen it a bunch of times.. the oscillating nature of the shaft causes big flex.. big no no spooling it on the bench like that.. like @SrC said, thing will take you out if it pops... believe it or not the oscillating is far less dramatic when there is a load on the shaft but it is still there no doubt...This is why the v2 infraction and the felony have the shaft idler/support though.... 👍

Get the bearing support from the v2 shouldnt be more than a couple of bucks the limitless is on its v1
I tried that Garbage Band-Aid Arrma fix part on my Lim and V1 Infr.

It sucks. Spare the grief and don't waste the $12.00. BB's explode. The Driveshaft drag against the BB's makes no sense. Not even an effective part. DS Oscillation exists no matter if there or not.
They were junk within 10 min of a lipo run. BB's exploded Both Lim and Infr.
Just get upgrade driveshafts if it matters to you Or use no BB support.
If you have the V2 Infr. or Fel. Then you are on your own. It's there standard. (Lim's still don't get that part.) Speed runners never use that BB support anyway. For a reason. Sometimes Arrma likes to throw cheap fixes out there instead of making a better thicker Drive shaft for instance.
Upgrade brands are the best option, not a $12 BS part that is literally 30 cents worth of bearings and a 20 cents worth of plastic. The part doesn't even screw to the chassis, just sits between the 2 lipo trays and floats around. The dumbest fix I ever saw. 🤷‍♂️

If anything Arrma installed this as a liability measure so no one would lose an eye while running up on the bench.
Just me. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back