Arrma limitless 1721

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlgarage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Vorteks
I did a speed run with my limitless with the 1721 motor. It has an 28t Pinion gear and 34t spool. On 6s I got 123mph I was wondering if it should be going faster or if that’s about right where it should be. Also I plan to run 8s I’m trying to decide if I’m over geared for 8s runs.

I did a speed run with my limitless with the 1721 motor. It has an 28t Pinion gear and 34t spool. On 6s I got 123mph I was wondering if it should be going faster or if that’s about right where it should be. Also I plan to run 8s I’m trying to decide if I’m over geared for 8s runs.
What ESC, tires, and batteries are you running?

Post your logs.
I believe for 6s it’s overgeared for what your batteries can supply but the details of the build and the log which helps

I helped a friend dial in his over the last month or so and he is at 148 on 6s with less aggressive gearing then that.
The way you complete your run matters, ramp up smooth , full throttle time? Etc

Edit… see above info but post your log.
That battery isn’t supplying what that motor needs. It’s probably sagging a lot at full throttle

DECC1906-D340-4D90-B936-045CDB915100.jpeg

View attachment 225899

What gears do you think I should be running thats also good for 8s
You seemed to have got on and off the throttle at top end. Just hold it. I’d gear down. You are pulling a lot of amps given your speed. The throttle line looks weird to me but I dunno why. If you run 8s and 6s you’re gonna need to change gearing between the two. I run 8s but warm up on 6s. Hopefully @vwturbowolf chimes back in. He’s better at reading logs.

I
You seemed to have got on and off the throttle at top end. Just hold it. I’d gear down. You are pulling a lot of amps given your speed. The throttle line looks weird to me but I dunno why. If you run 8s and 6s you’re gonna need to change gearing between the two. I run 8s but warm up on 6s. Hopefully @vwturbowolf chimes back in. He’s better at reading logs.
Yea it’s hard to be smooth and hold the throttle down because it’s a fresh build this is the cars first time going over a 100mph and on a bumpy road which is the best road I can find in my area unfortunately I didn’t trust the car basically

I

Yea it’s hard to be smooth and hold the throttle down because it’s a fresh build this is the cars first time going over a 100mph and on a bumpy road which is the best road I can find in my area unfortunately I didn’t trust the car basically
Well for what it’s worth that log looks way better than my first time over 100. Lol

I

Can you turn on the rpm line as well.

I would suggest to change the gearing until you can make your minimum voltage 19 or higher during the top of the run.
20+ would be ideal.
What this will do is allow that motor to get closer to its ideal rpm range where it really opens up.
27/34 ‘might help but you may need a hair lower than that.
31/39 would also work depending on what gears you have to work with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back