Limitless Arrma Limitless diff lockers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimits26

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
Hey, im building my limitless for drag racing. I already have my motor, esc, and car setup. I was searching facebook and saw someone who makes front and rear diff lockers for the limitless. Now my question is, do they actually help and if so what advantages do they have. These diff lockers are made very well hence them being pricey. The diff lockers are $120 a pc I don't mind spending the money if its gonna help. Could anyone shed some light on this for me please.

Welcome to the forum. That’s pretty expensive for what they do. If it’s a limitless, all out, sparing no expense, kids teeth are straight, college is over, wife is happy...type of build then go for it. Me, I’d just go to cvs for some Mack’s Ear Plugs put them in the diffs and go for it. I highly doubt there would be much mph difference, but idk for sure...the extra cushion the earplugs give might be a good thing.

Please put some pics of the build, there’s not enough limitless builds on the forum. Love to see it.
Jim

Locked diffs keep the left side and right side spinning at the same speed. This will help the car track straight.
Real 1:1 drag cars run locked diffs so this would be no different...

Not great for making turns but drag cars do not do that....
I personally clean the diffs out and run silly puddy.

I have seen a guy here that used the Limitless spool for the front and rear diff too. This would give you a totally locked drivetrain. Not sure how smart this is, but if you’re willing to try it out, they should be less expensive than the $120 you mentioned. Try Jennys RC.

That's my limitless I have CF shock towers, top plate, servo delete box, rear wing, front splitter, and titanium dog bones. The other 2 pics are the spool locker for the front and rear

Attachments

• limitless.jpg
    limitless.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 180
  • limitless1.jpg
    limitless1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 195
  • limitless3.jpg
    limitless3.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 186
That's my limitless I have CF shock towers, top plate, servo delete box, rear wing, front splitter, and titanium dog bones. The other 2 pics are the spool locker for the front and rear
Looks like you make your own stuff. Nice!

Nah bought most of the stuff online lol oh and I have that center brace that replaces the red one and it holds the xlx

Nah bought most of the stuff online lol oh and I have that center brace that replaces the red one and it holds the xlx
Regardless, the rig looks really nice, right up there with the nicest I’ve seen. Keep us posted on how it runs.

Will do brotha when I go into work tomorrow I'll take better pics

In the world of 1:1 cars, that's called a "Spool".

If you're bucks-down, then I'd think putting in some super heavy diff oil would be almost as good. Or as Liberty mentioned, pack it full of Silly Putty.....

Hey, im building my limitless for drag racing. I already have my motor, esc, and car setup. I was searching facebook and saw someone who makes front and rear diff lockers for the limitless. Now my question is, do they actually help and if so what advantages do they have. These diff lockers are made very well hence them being pricey. The diff lockers are $120 a pc I don't mind spending the money if its gonna help. Could anyone shed some light on this for me please.
I got my from the UK A pairs
[/QUOTE]
I got a pair from the UK for US $76.33
I got my from the UK A pairs
I got a pair from the UK for US $76.33
[/QUOTE]
It's took 7 to 9 days to get to me in the USA BROOKLYN NY from the UK

Attachments

• 0BE5BA13-167C-4939-A26B-958E5958D4AE_900x.jpg
    0BE5BA13-167C-4939-A26B-958E5958D4AE_900x.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 85
  • 98C1ADE2-270F-439A-98E3-01EBAD3F25BC_900x.jpg
    98C1ADE2-270F-439A-98E3-01EBAD3F25BC_900x.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 107
  • ED47AD01-8635-4280-AEAB-9D43E3409D44_900x.jpg
    ED47AD01-8635-4280-AEAB-9D43E3409D44_900x.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 85
Locked diffs keep the left side and right side spinning at the same speed. This will help the car track straight.
Real 1:1 drag cars run locked diffs so this would be no different...

Not great for making turns but drag cars do not do that....
I personally clean the diffs out and run silly puddy.
Silly Puddy? Like Kids Silly Puddy? I have heard of the ear plugs but never that :)

Welcome to the forum. That’s pretty expensive for what they do. If it’s a limitless, all out, sparing no expense, kids teeth are straight, college is over, wife is happy...type of build then go for it. Me, I’d just go to cvs for some Mack’s Ear Plugs put them in the diffs and go for it. I highly doubt there would be much mph difference, but idk for sure...the extra cushion the earplugs give might be a good thing.

Please put some pics of the build, there’s not enough limitless builds on the forum. Love to see it.
Jim
Here you go @Jimbobjr just started my Limitless build, first passes out down today actually and couldn't be happier 😍
Thread 'Edough's RC Limitless build' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/edoughs-rc-limitless-build.36317/

Scorched RC makes spools for the F/R if you are still on the hunt, but some silicone earplugs might just get the job done for $5

Scorched RC makes spools for the F/R if you are still on the hunt, but some silicone earplugs might just get the job done for $5
Speaking of I just got a tub of 20mil for my Limitless, any suggestions how to make it a little easier to work with 😂 stuff is like rubber lol

Speaking of I just got a tub of 20mil for my Limitless, any suggestions how to make it a little easier to work with 😂 stuff is like rubber lol
Never had to use it but some heat would surely help. I just filled two with 500k and that wasn’t super easy. Can’t imagine 40x thicker 😜

Ya it's like a blob of rubber it's crazy almost might see if I can mix it with some 500k to see if it thins it out but I'm doubtful. Might have to like roll it into tiny balls and try to fill diff that way🤷

Ya it's like a blob of rubber it's crazy almost might see if I can mix it with some 500k to see if it thins it out but I'm doubtful. Might have to like roll it into tiny balls and try to fill diff that way🤷
Yeah I would cut small pieces and smoosh it in. Use a heat gun to warm it and see if it softens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back