Limitless Arrma limitless/felony conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcjunky2002

Reaction score
Hey guys so im thinking about picking up a arrma limitless from.a buddy of mine and I was wondering if I could convert it to a felony? What would I need? It's coming with a tp 4070 and I need to buy a esc. Also looking for suggestions on a good esc to go with the 4070? Any help would be greatly appreciated

received_593215301785401.jpeg

received_1342131632895679.jpeg

received_646449133159120.jpeg

received_436731021434743.jpeg

Off hand you can convert it, body post front and rear, center diff and rear diff if you want the rear tires like a felony. And a body of course along with a splitter and foam support. Max 6 ESC or Max 5 .

Center diff not required, but both front and rear diff and front and rear input gear both need to be replaced. Picking up complete front and rear diff assemblies off Jenny's is the easiest. Otherwise body, body mounts, rear tires (107mm Hoons), splitter and bumper assembly. It looks like the motor mount is inverted to fit the TP can, and you'll need to fit all the batteries in one tray, so keep that in mind.

Center diff not required, but both front and rear diff and front and rear input gear both need to be replaced. Picking up complete front and rear diff assemblies off Jenny's is the easiest. Otherwise body, body mounts, rear tires (107mm Hoons), splitter and bumper assembly. It looks like the motor mount is inverted to fit the TP can, and you'll need to fit all the batteries in one tray, so keep that in mind.
Is it worth it? I really like the felony. But what about the infraction? Is it about the same ?

Is it worth it? I really like the felony. But what about the infraction? Is it about the same ?
Infraction is mostly a body mount swap and maybe the front bumper area i think i heard. I'm pushing a 4070 with a max6 and a max5. I'd prob want the bigger of the two depending on the kv on that motor. i know my 2250kv's are rated up to 300a.

I assume you want to go on roadbashing? The asymmatric tire size and thus rear diff ratio make the felony not the best choice for high speed (100mph+)
You do really want to throw in the center diff, one for handling/drifing as well as compensating the different tire wear front and rear.

I have the very same 4070-2250kv which really wants to rev high on 8S (You didn't mention if you want to run 6S or 8S) Hooking it up to a hobbywing esc might not be the best match as they are rpm restricted (MAX5~33000 / MAX6~40000, see specs below max kv*voltage)
1640342008383.png

Depending on your gearing you might not need those high rpm's, but pushing the gearing (or a lower voltage like 6S) will increase the ampdraw. The motor being rated for 300A just means it will not die when such amps are pulled. Factors like weight/gearing/speed/drag determine what amps it will pull. The max 5 / 6 will cutoff at 200A/160A anyways but you will likely not reach those amps unless you are going beyond 100mph. And for road bashing 80-90mph might just be the ideal topspeed.

So much more principals i'd like to add, but to keep it short:
MAX6 with a 1200-1800kv motor would be ideal for a roadbashing Felony
But if you wanna use the 4070 and its high pitch rpm sound you better be looking at the castle MMX8S or XLX2 and run a small pinion

Infraction is mostly a body mount swap and maybe the front bumper area i think i heard. I'm pushing a 4070 with a max6 and a max5. I'd prob want the bigger of the two depending on the kv on that motor. i know my 2250kv's are rated up to 300a.
I believe it's a 2950kv?
I assume you want to go on roadbashing? The asymmatric tire size and thus rear diff ratio make the felony not the best choice for high speed (100mph+)
You do really want to throw in the center diff, one for handling/drifing as well as compensating the different tire wear front and rear.

I have the very same 4070-2250kv which really wants to rev high on 8S (You didn't mention if you want to run 6S or 8S) Hooking it up to a hobbywing esc might not be the best match as they are rpm restricted (MAX5~33000 / MAX6~40000, see specs below max kv*voltage)
View attachment 188278
Depending on your gearing you might not need those high rpm's, but pushing the gearing (or a lower voltage like 6S) will increase the ampdraw. The motor being rated for 300A just means it will not die when such amps are pulled. Factors like weight/gearing/speed/drag determine what amps it will pull. The max 5 / 6 will cutoff at 200A/160A anyways but you will likely not reach those amps unless you are going beyond 100mph. And for road bashing 80-90mph might just be the ideal topspeed.

So much more principals i'd like to add, but to keep it short:
MAX6 with a 1200-1800kv motor would be ideal for a roadbashing Felony
But if you wanna use the 4070 and its high pitch rpm sound you better be looking at the castle MMX8S or XLX2 and run a small pinion
That's what I was told. Xlx2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back