Arrma Limitless / Infraction SkyRC GSM-020 GPS mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnetik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Not sure how many are running the SkyRC GSM020 GPS module but here's a mount for it. I modeled it for the Infraction and guessing it should fit the Limitless too. It might fit other models, it's 40mm from hole to hole so you can check. It's designed to screw down into the body post mount mounts front or rear. It also sits low enough to be flush with the bed when the body is on.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4304235

P1011906.JPG

skyrcmount.jpg

skyrc2.png

Last edited:
Not sure how many are running the SkyRC GSM020 GPS module but here's a mount for it. I modeled it for the Infraction and guessing it should fit the Limitless too. It might fit other models, it's 40mm from hole to hole so you can check. It's designed to screw down into the body post mount mounts front or rear. It also sits low enough to be flush with the bed when the body is on.

View attachment 76098

View attachment 76087
Very nice! I might have to build this into my next side skirt revision. I’m thinking of putting my radio and ESC out there too so I can use a long can motor.

Cool! Damn I wish I had a 3D printer! Since I'm still running the stock motor only on 4s and 6s. I put mine into one of the Battery trays for now. No need to run 2 batteries at this point unless I switch the motor and esc to run 8s. Right now I run one 4s or one 6s Battery.
20200501_200636.jpg

Last edited:
fwiw some nice fellow remixed my SkyRC 020 GPS mount and added a few more options. sweet. :)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4361109

No mounting tabs - Hole in back (tabs can be added to design to suit)
No Mounting tabs - No hole in back (easier mounting via back surface)
Go Pro Clip Mount 1
Go Pro Clip Mount 2 (Same as 1 just rotated 90 degrees)

skyrc2.jpg
skyrc3.jpg
skyrc1.jpg

That's Cool! But I prefer the other one because it's inside the body of my Infraction. But this is cool for other vehicles, but I would but some type of latch system over the top of it so there's no way it can pop out since it's on the outside of the body. I don't think them small tabs that hold it in place, will be good when placing on the outside of the RC Vehicle. One bad bump or crash and that thing is gonna take flight.

That's Cool! But I prefer the other one because it's inside the body of my Infraction. But this is cool for other vehicles, but I would but some type of latch system over the top of it so there's no way it can pop out since it's on the outside of the body. I don't think them small tabs that hold it in place, will be good when placing on the outside of the RC Vehicle. One bad bump or crash and that thing is gonna take flight.

those little nibs I put in to hold the GPS in work surprisingly well. I forgot to put a hole on the other side originally so I could pull it out.. end up cutting up the print to get it out. The tolerances are a pretty tight. Even with a hole in back it takes a little force to pop out. I still wouldn't line it up vertically tho.. not that anyone would.

One of my friends had one printed using PLA for his infraction, after taking it out a few times to charge it, he said it doesn't hold it as well as when he first put it in the holder, but it doesn't matter since it's under the body and held down by the body also.

One of my friends had one printed using PLA for his infraction, after taking it out a few times to charge it, he said it doesn't hold it as well as when he first put it in the holder, but it doesn't matter since it's under the body and held down by the body also.

ah yeah.. it wasn't made to remove and it's going to eventually wear those nibs down with how tight everything is.. which is why I made the hole to charge through.

ah yeah.. it wasn't made to remove and it's going to eventually wear those nibs down with how tight everything is.. which is why I made the hole to charge through.
Just got off the phone with him. He said he doesn't like charging it in his car, that's why he removes it. But it doesn't matter to him if the small tabs don't hold it down real well, because the infraction body will keep it in place, no moving at all. He told me to tell you thank you for an awesome 3D model. Do you think another print material will help? since it was printed in PLA

Just got off the phone with him. He said he doesn't like charging it in his car, that's why he removes it. But it doesn't matter to him if the small tabs don't hold it down real well, because the infraction body will keep it in place, no moving at all. He told me to tell you thank you for an awesome 3D model. Do you think another print material will help? since it was printed in PLA

imo probably not.. I thought about making a snap on lid for it but it was already too close to the bed where I mounted it so never bothered. I may go ahead and do it considering people prob mount it up front too.

oh also I charge from a battery pack so he might want to try that instead if he can't get the car close to a charging cord.

Last edited:
Hey there Julian ? are you or anyone else still making this mount? I haven't heard back. I'm still really interested if one can be printed for me. Thanks!!!

Ok. How do I go about utilizing that information to achieve my goal of having one in my hand for my Infraction? Thanks for getting back to me!??

Ok. How do I go about utilizing that information to achieve my goal of having one in my hand for my Infraction? Thanks for getting back to me!??
Email the store and attach the stl file you downloaded from Thingiverse that you want printed and ask for a quote. They usually get back to you pretty fast. Ive printed a few things at the Pleasanton store. The mount shouldnt take long to print.

Here is a link to the Stores that 3D print!

https://www.theupsstore.com/print/3d-printing/locations

Hey bro! I sent UPS an email and spoke with a real nice man named Sean over in Pleasanton. I apperantly sent him the PDF files off of thingy verse and not the STL file that he requires to make the print.
I have no idea what these abbreviations mean. I am not computer literate enough to provide the guy with the STL file. He said he would be happy to help. But I don't know how. Would you be able to help me in any way in providing Sean with this STL file?? I'm at a dead end. Thanks in advance ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back