Limitless Arrma limitless pinion problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadanthony1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I purchased an arrma limitless and put it together. I was wondering why the factory 27t pinion and 34t spool do not come close to meshing. Motor mount is as close as it will go towards the spool. I even purchased a 30t pinion to see if the size difference would help and it still doesn’t mesh. Am I missing something? I would appreciate any input!
966CC1AB-1D91-4D6D-99D2-CA18B7910E49.jpeg

Looks like the stcoker motor mount. I seen this before in another thread. Did you search here on AF? Double check that the Spur gear is in fact a 34T ( stock). Mistakes have happened before by Arrma.
Looks like you have a 29T optional spur gear. Just count the teeth on your spur first. To eliminate that possibility.
What puzzles me is that a 30T pinion should fit with a 29T optional spur. Using stock motor mount.
27T pin. is the smallest that would fit with a 34 spur ( motor mount bottoms out) and barely meshes well , but makes it. Maybe the motor is not centered to the motor mount plate?

Are you using an optional "50 series" motor mount plate due to the large size of the motor can????

Last edited:
Can you zoom out a bit and give another picture of the mount
And what motor is that?
Thanks Alan! It’s a castle 1717 1650kv.

809094B6-A371-44C1-BCC6-A3AE1ECACBDB.jpeg

56A0838C-11B1-4BEC-8A2A-4E77A6B01CDC.jpeg

7F845D39-FC38-4E64-84C4-5C5FDA712C74.jpeg

Looks like the stcoker motor mount. I seen this before in another thread. Did you search here on AF? Double check that the Spur gear is in fact a 34T ( stock). Mistakes have happened before by Arrma.
Looks like you have a 29T optional spur gear. Just count the teeth on your spur first. To eliminate that possibility.
What puzzles me is that a 30T pinion should fit with a 29T optional spur. Using stock motor mount.
I counted and it’s the stock 34 spool 27pinion
I purchased a 30 tooth pinion and still doesn’t reach
27T pin. is the smallest that would fit with a 34 spur ( motor mount bottoms out) and barely meshes well , but makes it. Maybe the motor is not centered to the motor mount plate?

Are you using an optional "50 series" motor mount plate due to the large size of the motor can????
All factory mount pinion and spool

Last edited:
I’m sry but I’m not sure, I just got a preowned limitless myself, but it’s got a pps motor mount on it. I’ll look around for some info and post if I see anything. And I’ll look at my kraton exb it has that mount. Maybe I’ll see something
I agree with src count the spool gears teeth to be sure. But might need a bigger pinion or spool gear. It is a Mod1 pinion correct?

I am stumped. Just that this was an issue on another old thread here. A LIm also. Same exact problem. All was stock out the box. I don't remmeber what the fix was. Or why it happened. Its crazy it does not fit. You have everything correct there.:unsure: There is something amiss we are not seeing.

What are your motor dimensions???? (50mm wide diameter)? I know it fits the motor mount just right. But....
From what I think, one possibility is that you have a "50 series" Motor mount plate. Arrma put in this optional mount. Perhaps by mistake.? So the offset has changed. Makes the most sense right now at least.

You may have this: By a factory mistake.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320538

When you should have this: Stock plate.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320469

Only thing that comes to mind.
Hopefully the speed runner guys will chime in on this.

Last edited:
I feel it’s the mount. I tried the 30t and it’s still not touching at all. I orderd the optional 39t spool today to see if it fits. I really wanted to try the stock gearing out and not guessing if it’s going to fit. Horizon hobby is looking into it but haven’t heard anything back yet. They said they’ve never had this issue before

Thanks it’s a 50 series then! Will I have to replace the mount and sliding bracket or just the mount on the motor.

Heres 2 photos from arrmas website and look and see which one your mount matches to I've circled what you want to look for this will make the difference as to why you may be having trouble with yours. Hope this helps.
Q4CVKNDGAH9JG98ATNJJMHHHH6M6QZ8VZPDW3ZCBTM4GQZ4DTQ.jpg
R99KZTZZKYVEMWV4XQ4HP3B3RENV6G4MRN2AGQJNMMER6C8TMF.jpg

I feel it’s the mount. I tried the 30t and it’s still not touching at all. I orderd the optional 39t spool today to see if it fits. I really wanted to try the stock gearing out and not guessing if it’s going to fit. Horizon hobby is looking into it but haven’t heard anything back yet. They said they’ve never had this issue before
Call HH and tell them about the flub, They will send you the stock plate. What I would do in a heartbeat. The pics you showed here is all you need for HH plus your receipt.;) Tell them i said so too.:ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back