Arrma limitless speedrun/ basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCF041206

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
This is the first time i build an speed run car. I have been doing research and i think i know what i want but i need suggestions and i want to know if my setup would be right. I want it to go well over 100mph as well as i want it as a basher. My idea was changing the direct drive and putting the infractions center diff for me to be able to bash it, and change it again when i want to do speed runs. Also i could do the speed runs with the center diff. I want to put a tp power 5660 with a castle mmx8s and buy a cheap combo rc controller and a cheap 25kg servo as my budget is to the limit. I chose this size can because it is great for bashing because of the high torque and i could gear it up to achieve my 100+mph setup. I also want to know if someone knows any hobby shop that sells tp power motors and the castle mmx8s esc ( in U.S.A ) or if i can only purchase the tp power motor online. I know that i can find the mmx8s but I’m not sure of the tp power 5660. I would appreciate any suggestions about changing anything of the setup if theres something better but it should be close to 800$ and preferably 750$. thanks

While I don't know much about the motor and esc choices for speed running, the last thing I would skimp on would be the radio system especially at those speeds. Its really dangerous to have a "normal" rc go out of control let alone one going ovar 100. Plus a cheap radio probably wont have the range for speed running. Just my .02

Man that’s a huge can and not really necessary for that size rig. I would highly rethink that part and put that money towards other upgrades. Even a 4070 is going to be more than enough. That could get you in the 150’s.

The thing is that the 4070/4050/5660 are the same price. That’s what i chose it. But what motor would you recomend ?
That’s crazy that it’s the same price. I would have guessed it would cost $100 more.

Yes that is amazing. I don't know why but that is very good option. Each of those cost around 160$
I will buy the cheap controller because theres no much space where i live so i will be primarily bashing. That’s is the reason of the big high torque motor. This is more a basher than an speed run car and bashing with this motor is gobe a blast. I also could go in the high 140s or even 150s with this motor. saw a guy doing it.

Last edited:
Add list:
Mini thrusters: x2

Mini nos bottles: for cooling

Higher voltage.

Try using gas hybrid.full electric at first following with gas with electric asistance for max top speed.

Sticky tyres. ( yes I spell with a y)

Down force. Don't get a $1000+ body. Down force is great for circuit racing but not top speed. Get a slipstream body instead as you want equal down force and upforce. (See bugatti chiron 300+).

Cover wheels. Not just the rim covers, get body that actually covers entire wheel.

Speed (180+ est with limitless chassis )

Add list:
Mini thrusters: x2

Mini nos bottles: for cooling

Higher voltage.

Try using gas hybrid.full electric at first following with gas with electric asistance for max top speed.

Sticky tyres. ( yes I spell with a y)

Down force. Don't get a $1000+ body. Down force is great for circuit racing but not top speed. Get a slipstream body instead as you want equal down force and upforce. (See bugatti chiron 300+).

Cover wheels. Not just the rim covers, get body that actually covers entire wheel.

Speed (180+ est with limitless chassis )

Is this troll?

You're not entirely wrong. Nitro can make a lot of power. But there are a decent amount of brushless setups that are far less complicated than what you've suggested that could hit 170mph. It's as easy as looking up some youtube videos. Also consider, a hybrid setup is a lot of useless weight. This is why Kevin Talbot is getting criticized for going dual-motor when his goals are achievable on a single motor.

But I do kind of like your madness.

Is this troll?

You're not entirely wrong. Nitro can make a lot of power. But there are a decent amount of brushless setups that are far less complicated than what you've suggested that could hit 170mph. It's as easy as looking up some youtube videos. Also consider, a hybrid setup is a lot of useless weight. This is why Kevin Talbot is getting criticized for going dual-motor when his goals are achievable on a single motor.

But I do kind of like your madness.
1st
I feel that I should say to everyone that I'm a 1:1 scale gearhead who's also into scaled rc. Soo my mindset is set to that stuff. That in mind, when I sat electric is slower I refer to the classic drag race ( tesla vs dodge) at first, tesla is wining due to instant torque and all that, but as they go on, the Dodge will catch up due to the combustion engine. And better weight. Now, however , I realised that for rc the weight isn't much different so the results are different.
1st
I feel that I should say to everyone that I'm a 1:1 scale gearhead who's also into scaled rc. Soo my mindset is set to that stuff. That in mind, when I sat electric is slower I refer to the classic drag race ( tesla vs dodge) at first, tesla is wining due to instant torque and all that, but as they go on, the Dodge will catch up due to the combustion engine. And better weight. Now, however , I realised that for rc the weight isn't much different so the results are different.
2nd
It's NoT MaDdNess It's Higher THInKinG.

1st

2nd
Maybe you should stop hijacking this guys thread if you aren't actually offering him practical feedback or solutions, you're derailing his ask for help.

How am I high jacking? I'm not trying to be mean I'm just confused.
He is simply asking for opinions on what motor to get and why and here you are popping off about thrusters, gas electric hybrid junk, and other theorycraft stuff he didn't ask for nor helps anyone.

He is simply asking for opinions on what motor to get and why and here you are popping off about thrusters, gas electric hybrid junk, and other theorycraft stuff he didn't ask for nor helps anyone.
I thought he was just asking general upgrades. Any to be kind of funny I added some jokes/theory upgrades. I'm into automotive stuff, but my knowledge is limited even more so on rc so what knowledge I do know I post, if I'm partial knowledgeable then I will do a crazy super tuner version if said knowledge (the hybrid thing). I'm sorry and if I don't know do you want me to say anything? Again I'm not trying to be a deuche. I'm just making sure.

I thought he was just asking general upgrades.
You just did the same thing on his other motor thread today and now you did it again here, both times you apologize saying you didn't realize what was being asked, but if you actually read the OP it was pretty clear. Not to be a jerk either but when someone wants some help on something I shouldn't have to weed through a bunch of nonsense that doesn't apply to what someone needs help with.

That being said I'm not going to stop spamming his thread with this stuff so he can get back to getting the input the needs so he can make an informed decision on his build. So my apologies to you @RCF041206

1st

2nd
Voices in your head aren’t higher thinking... people here aren’t stupid, quit trolling posts man, it’s a waste of everyone’s time.

go find a chat room somewhere for your off the wall, absolutely nothing to do with questions being asked nonsense.

not trying to be rude, but that’s what you are being when you fill threads with nonsense.

apologies to the OP for my rant but when is enough right?

Just wondering why go with such a expensive motor when cheaper motors can easily get you well over 100 MPH and save you hundreds of dollars? a 5660 should run you little over $150 and if I am not mistaking, depending on KV, that's a 12s can so you will want to make sure you pay attention to amp specs when selecting KV. TP makes some great motors so please don't think I am against them but I have already done this build and them some and can say with experience now that unless you are trying to set a record or demand 130 MPH+ a TFL SSS 4092 2100KV, which wont require a custom motor mount, or 5694 1200kv will definitely put up some serious numbers though the 5694 does need the mount. I wasn't able to get over 120 because I couldn't handle it, but my SSS 5694 800KV would lift the front end of the car so much I had to ease into the throttle the entire time if I was to high off the ground. Sometimes you have to lift the car up to avoid cracks in the ground because the smallest ones could mean death to the limitless LOL.

i posted this in one of the other threads i have, but i thought i would post it here as it is more related to the threads name. thanks everyone a lot for the feedback

this is quite an old thread, idk if anyone will be reading this, but i appreciate all the knowledge that is being given to me through this thread. thanks a lot to everyone. sorry for all the delay and all the post. btw, im just a 14 yo trying to do a build with overly expensive and powerful hardware, that is obviously a lot more than whats needed for a build that is just trying to forcedly produce a smile in a confused face by bashing in my 75 meter little runway. ik its a lot more than needed, but with my few years in this planet ive discovered that essential things go away, and that real and strong things and feelings create pain, so why not go with more? at the end, everything is superficial, and my existence isnt super idyllic, so why not go with more? im well off topic here lol. i have upgraded some things. this is the part list: castle 2028 1100kv, castle xlx2, powerhobby 760mg high voltage servo, an extended motor mount for the big motor, a flysky gt5 transmitter with its receiver, and two cnhl 9500mah 4s batteries. now comes what im missing and the questions i have. what is the serial number of the center differential for the infraction ( that im missing )?, will the diff fit with that extended motor mount? will those two batteries fit in the limitless body if i stack them?, what gearing (pinion) should i use if im going for 100mph or a little less with that diff ( and the 1100kv motor )? what charger should i buy for the batteries that have 8mm bullets? ( im thinking in the venom 80w dual charger, but idk if there is an adaptor available for 8mm bullets ) is there any beefed up dog bones like the 8mm titanium ones or the carbon fiber ones in amazon?. i think this is it. sorry for the novel i wrote, i know its very long, but again, thanks everyone for their feed back.

Captura de Pantalla 2021-12-06 a la(s) 11.14.35 p. m..png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back