Limitless Arrma limitless v1 build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is 8s ok to run with this? I did set the batteries to full power.
No
Oh. I have the v1 limitless. Oops I gotta re-calculate speeds.

Technically in the manual it says 6s max, but I think that they were doing on paper so the motor didn't get overvolted.

At least I have a better gear ratio for bashing.
The Max 6 ESC is only capable of 8s with a much lower KV motor or you will roast it.
Conversely, many have said they have run 8S successfully with the HW 1650kv motor when paired with an XLX2. There are threads on here about it.

The Max 6 ESC is only capable of 8s with a much lower KV motor or you will roast it.
Conversely, many have said they have run 8S successfully with the HW 1650kv motor when paired with an XLX2. There are threads on here about it.
Are you saying the motor gets destroyed, the esc, or both? It seems some people have no problems, but some do. If I were to limit the motor RPM to 40k would this fix the problem? Is the motor drawing too many amps?

That is disappointing
Not really. The Max 6 combo is arguably the best ESC combo that exists for pretty much anything except for speed running. They are fast, reliable, and have failsafes that save most people a lot of money for frying electronics. If you’re speed running, the general consensus is you’ll never beat an XLX2 with whatever KV motor bloats your goat. In whatever scale you’re wrenching on, speed ain’t cheap.

Good thing I don't have a girlfriend. She would dump me over the amount of money I send to this person named Jenny I met online. For all of you that missed that, I was talking about JRC. I am still of the opinion that if a joke has to be explained, it usually isn't funny.

Are you saying the motor gets destroyed, the esc, or both? It seems some people have no problems, but some do. If I were to limit the motor RPM to 40k would this fix the problem? Is the motor drawing too many amps?
I’m not sure, and I can’t recall seeing anything in the programming menu that would limit motor RPM’s. If I had to guess I’d think that if you ran 8s with that combo your motor might be ok but the ESC wouldn’t be able to handle the amp load. It might not fry it though, the Max 6 is known for shutting itself down before damage occurs. But I wouldn’t bet your electronics on it.
I bought an 1100kv 4-pole TP motor so I could run 8s but I haven’t installed it yet. I’m a little scared because that combo is for my Mojave and that’s a heavy rig.

I’m not sure, and I can’t recall seeing anything in the programming menu that would limit motor RPM’s. If I had to guess I’d think that if you ran 8s with that combo your motor might be ok but the ESC wouldn’t be able to handle the amp load. It might not fry it though, the Max 6 is known for shutting itself down before damage occurs. But I wouldn’t bet your electronics on it.
I bought an 1100kv 4-pole TP motor so I could run 8s but I haven’t installed it yet. I’m a little scared because that combo is for my Mojave and that’s a heavy rig.
FWIW, running higher voltages will reduce your amp load so running 8S could actually be beneficial. Once you factor in voltage & KV sag under load, chances are you'd be under the max RPM. While you can't specifically limit RPMs from the ESC, depending on what transmitter you have you could limit the max throttle input.

FWIW, running higher voltages will reduce your amp load so running 8S could actually be beneficial. Once you factor in voltage & KV sag under load, chances are you'd be under the max RPM. While you can't specifically limit RPMs from the ESC, depending on what transmitter you have you could limit the max throttle input.
Interesting. I do know others here have run 8s with the 1650kv combo. I’m not that brave. The HW specs say the ESC is 8s capable with 1100kv or lower. And others here have said they’ve run 8s on the 1650kv motor with an XLX2. What’s your take on this?

Idk
The Hobbywing setup just seems inadequate for a number of reasons. Esc doesn’t datalog, esc has an amp limiter, motor only rated to 6s. I’ve read that HW will get you to about 100-110 mph which is still plenty fast but if the op is gonna get semi serious he needs a castle esc and probably a different motor.

The HW specs say the ESC is 8s capable with 1100kv or lower.
I have seen KT run the max6 with blx2050kv motor (on 8s) without breaking his car. I don't see all the behind the scenes of KT so I don't know if the esc cuts out or whatever. I am slightly apprehensive about running this on 8s. I also don't have $$$ to spend on my rc cars. I searched the forum this morning, about half of the people said go for it (in old posts I found using the search button) and the other half said don't do it.
The Hobbywing setup just seems inadequate for a number of reasons. Esc doesn’t datalog, esc has an amp limiter, motor only rated to 6s. I’ve read that HW will get you to about 100-110 mph which is still plenty fast but if the op is gonna get semi serious he needs a castle esc and probably a different motor.
I knew from the start that this car wasn't able to get to high speeds without many modifications. I don't have a good spot to speedrun or do high speed bashing. I got this car because I liked the JOTA body and had wanted a limitless/infraction/felony. I have no practical purpose for this.

Idk
I agree, that’s why I said earlier that it isn’t for speed running. But bashers don’t need data logging and the amp cut saves your electronics. It’s a great choice for bashers.
I have seen KT run the max6 with blx2050kv motor (on 8s) without breaking his car. I don't see all the behind the scenes of KT so I don't know if the esc cuts out or whatever. I am slightly apprehensive about running this on 8s. I also don't have $$$ to spend on my rc cars. I searched the forum this morning, about half of the people said go for it (in old posts I found using the search button) and the other half said don't do it.

I knew from the start that this car wasn't able to get to high speeds without many modifications. I don't have a good spot to speedrun or do high speed bashing. I got this car because I liked the JOTA body and had wanted a limitless/infraction/felony. I have no practical purpose for this.
Based on what you just said you’re going to be doing with the car, at the end of the day I believe your Max 6 combo will put a big smile on your face running 6S. It’ll be fast, reliable and have the ability to run a lot of gearing options. Put fans on the motor and have fun.

Why don’t u just run the car on 6s and get to 100 mph? That’s gonna be safe for sure. You need about 1000-1200 feet minimum….

Why don’t u just run the car on 6s and get to 100 mph? That’s gonna be safe for sure. You need about 1000-1200 feet minimum….
I have about 120ft of space to run it. If I want to fit a good place that is flat, straight, smooth, and that size I would probably have to go an hour away. In case you didn't know, I live in the country.

Interesting. I do know others here have run 8s with the 1650kv combo. I’m not that brave. The HW specs say the ESC is 8s capable with 1100kv or lower. And others here have said they’ve run 8s on the 1650kv motor with an XLX2. What’s your take on this?
Ah yeah, that's a fair point. While I haven't used a HW motor, as long as the motor can handle 50k RPM, 8S shouldn't be a problem. Even at 33.6V (which you'll never see under load) it comes out to 55k RPM. With voltage and KV sag under load, you'd be well below the RPM limit. The amp limit on the Max6 would probably be the problem though. With an XLX2, however, should run just fine.
I have about 120ft of space to run it. If I want to fit a good place that is flat, straight, smooth, and that size I would probably have to go an hour away. In case you didn't know, I live in the country.
I assume you meant 1200ft, right? 120ft seems a bit...anorexic :LOL:

No it is 120ish by 40ish. I am going to college next fall, hopefully they have a good spot to drive it there (and I have the time to drive it).
120ft? Ok, that's not a lot, depending on what you're driving. I hope they have a good spot for you to drive too bro :)

I have a 1000ft gravel driveway and a lot of medium length grass. I just don't have enough space for on road.
Gotcha. Yeah, depending on where you're located, finding long stretches of good asphalt with little traffic can be difficult to find. I know this isn't an option for everyone, but I found that moving to night running greatly increased my options simply because of how few people there are on the roads at 2-4am. Like said, I know this isn't a possibility for everyone but, if it's something you can work around, it can (potentially) open up roads that you normally couldn't use. Of course lights front and back on your car become a necessity when driving at night, but there are some good options out there that don't cost a lot which can equal or even surpass the visual range you have during daylight hours. Just a thought.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back