Limitless Arrma limitless v1 build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Nero
  3. Talion
I finally decided to do a build log. So, here we go. Disclaimer: I don't take many pictures, so this thread won't have many pics.

So, I did something stupid about 2 weeks ago. I live in the middle of nowhere, so I don't have a good place to drive it. This stupid purchase arrived on Thursday. I want to put a bittydesign JOTA body on it. I don't have any electronics chosen for it. I tried the blx185 combo first. It ran well, but I needed the center diff from my talion 6s to change my gear ratio (the out of the box gear ratio is too much for the 4074).
On Friday, I crashed the car at a low speed. All that got damaged was the front splitter got a little bent, and one of the screws that held the nose of the F1 body was torn out. I did fix the front splitter by bending the front splitter back into shape using vice grips. I want to put on a carbon fiber front splitter to make it look more like a lambo (with the JOTA body).
Currently this car is sitting on a wood stool in my room with no electronics in it.
thumbnail_IMG_2514.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2513.jpg

A castle combo would be perfect but honestly, I wouldn't spend that much money on one combo. I have been starting to lose interest in this hobby. I do still drive my cars but less than when I first got into this hobby. Hopefully, I never leave cause I do still find tinkering a lot of fun and I still spend hours trying and fitting new things on the Outcast

That 50t center diff mod is definitely needed to make the Limitless drivable for street bashing.

I do the same and try to reuse and salvage ever part I can.. I recently found some splitters I forget buried under a stack of wood to try and flatten them out haha

Crashing seem so inevitable now, I run the same old body on for all my Limitless speedrun cars, even my V2
0F7251DC-A480-40EE-85BA-B8859B8734F9.jpeg

A castle combo would be perfect but honestly, I wouldn't spend that much money on one combo. I have been starting to lose interest in this hobby. I do still drive my cars but less than when I first got into this hobby. Hopefully, I never leave cause I do still find tinkering a lot of fun and I still spend hours trying and fitting new things on the Outcast
I think for my application a max6 combo would be best, but I do want to put an xlx2 combo in it. I want a car with no point, with electronics with no point.

I think for my application a max6 combo would be best, but I do want to put an xlx2 combo in it. I want a car with no point, with electronics with no point.
The XLX2 will fit in a Limitless, but it does require a little modification. For a guide on how to go about it, watch Raz Shifrin's Speed Secrets Revealed build. At present the XLX2 is still in a class of one when it comes to ESCs and I think it's worth the couple of $$$ it costs more than the MMX8S. It runs cooler, has low ripple voltage and can deal with max currents north of 700A. Coupled with a Castle 1717 and you have a solid combo for bashing and, if desired, speed running.
I hope you never leave too bro. I think this is one of the things I like about speed running/drag racing is that it gives an opportunity to set goals, reach them, set new goals, rinse, repeat, which, to me anyways, helps keep things interesting. Attaining and surpassing goals and the sense of accomplishment that goes along with it really adds something, to my mind. I remember when I broke 120mph on 3S and the high from it kept me up for two days. I realize that this, as with pretty much anything else, will only go so far. At some point anything's allure will wear off. But I do find speed to be beguiling. I hope it lasts. :)

I ordered a max6 combo on Sunday. Due to some complications in the order, it is due to arrive next Monday. I am planning on buying a dx5c and perfect pass monster servo on BF to get the car running (just in time for the winter months when my rc cars don't see the light of day). I might buy a JOTA body, but the likelihood of that has gone slightly down. I also have a center diff and handbrake in my JRC cart so I can gear down the car and add a handbrake.

I put the servo into the limitless. I bound the dx5c to my limitless on Friday, but didn't take the pictures until today (I don't have a phone and I was/am very busy). I purchased the handbrake, center diff, and some other misc items from JRC on Friday.

thumbnail_IMG_2839.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2840.jpg

I did some calculations about the gearing for the limitless, is this motor rpm ok? Do I need to set throttle limit to approximately 90%? Is 8s ok to run with this? I did set the batteries to full power.

Screenshot (1013).png
Screenshot (1014).png
Screenshot (1015).png
Screenshot (1016).png

I put the servo into the limitless. I bound the dx5c to my limitless on Friday, but didn't take the pictures until today (I don't have a phone and I was/am very busy). I purchased the handbrake, center diff, and some other misc items from JRC on Friday.

View attachment 258799View attachment 258798

I did some calculations about the gearing for the limitless, is this motor rpm ok? Do I need to set throttle limit to approximately 90%? Is 8s ok to run with this? I did set the batteries to full power.

View attachment 258819View attachment 258820View attachment 258821View attachment 258822
If you want to get more accurate speed calculations, set the battery voltage for 3.9-4V/cell at that gearing and your KV for 1320 to account for load. Your tire diameter should be 3.95" and set ballooning for 0.1". That should yield fairly accurate results.

I might buy some traxxas UDR hexes with disk brakes (for the look with the grps)
If you want to get more accurate speed calculations, set the battery voltage for 3.9-4V/cell at that gearing and your KV for 1320 to account for load. Your tire diameter should be 3.95" and set ballooning for 0.1". That should yield fairly accurate results.
Thanks. I checked HH and they said wheel dia. of 3.29in. I didn't bother actually checking.

I might buy some traxxas UDR hexes with disk brakes (for the look with the grps)

Thanks. I checked HH and they said wheel dia. of 3.29in. I didn't bother actually checking.
I have to correct myself. 1320 is probably a bit low at that gearing. I think it'll be closer to 1450-1480.

F/R diff ratios are 3.3 for V1 and I believe the 4985-1650 motor is only rated to 6S
F/R diff is 2.8:1. 3.3:1 IIRC is the infraction. I will check, but I think the 4985 is rated to 50k rpm and not # of cells.

Update for the build: I bought a JOTA body and UDR disk brakes (for the look) on amain for the cyber Monday sales. I am going to try and modify the UDR brakes so it fits the arrma hubs.

F/R diff is 2.8:1. 3.3:1 IIRC is the infraction. I will check, but I think the 4985 is rated to 50k rpm and not # of cells.

Update for the build: I bought a JOTA body and UDR disk brakes (for the look) on amain for the cyber Monday sales. I am going to try and modify the UDR brakes so it fits the arrma hubs.
FWIW, 3.3:1 was the diff ratio of the V1 Limitless and Infraction and 2.8:1 is the ratio of the V2 Limitless and Infraction.

Oh. I have the v1 limitless. Oops I gotta re-calculate speeds.
I believe the 4985-1650 motor is only rated to 6S
Technically in the manual it says 6s max, but I think that they were doing on paper so the motor didn't get overvolted.
FWIW, 3.3:1 was the diff ratio of the V1 Limitless and Infraction and 2.8:1 is the ratio of the V2 Limitless and Infraction.
At least I have a better gear ratio for bashing.

Last edited:
Back