Arrma Limitless V2 thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Castle 2028 1100kV fit the new V2 anyone know? It says 110mm but maybe you can squzze it in there! :confused:

Last edited:
Does Castle 2028 1100kV fit the new V2 anyone know? It says 110mm but maybe you can squzze it in there! :confused:
I'm gonna say probably not. The 2028 is 112.7mm and while 2.7mm doesn't sound like much, if they calculated the space right up to the steering bell crank, 2.7mm suddenly becomes an awful lot. You could flip the motor mount but then you'll obviously lose one of the battery trays and the real estate the motor takes up. Which might not even be much of an issue as you're going to need a different ESC as well. A Castle MMX8S should just drop in where the Firma ESC sits, an XLX2 would require some modification. On the flipside you would, of course, gain the real estate of where the motor used to be so it would be a matter of working out a battery configuration that fits on one side (assuming you'd be running two packs, which, in the case of a 2028 is almost definitely going to be yes). In that case it might even be advantageous to remove the other battery tray as well and fashion a different method of strapping your batteries in (dual-lock + Scorched battery strap holders for example). Just a few things to consider. Additionally you'd need the optional type 56 motor mount plate, but that's not really a big player in the grand scheme of things.

I'm gonna say probably not. The 2028 is 112.7mm and while 2.7mm doesn't sound like much, if they calculated the space right up to the steering bell crank, 2.7mm suddenly becomes an awful lot. You could flip the motor mount but then you'll obviously lose one of the battery trays and the real estate the motor takes up. Which might not even be much of an issue as you're going to need a different ESC as well. A Castle MMX8S should just drop in where the Firma ESC sits, an XLX2 would require some modification. On the flipside you would, of course, gain the real estate of where the motor used to be so it would be a matter of working out a battery configuration that fits on one side (assuming you'd be running two packs, which, in the case of a 2028 is almost definitely going to be yes). In that case it might even be advantageous to remove the other battery tray as well and fashion a different method of strapping your batteries in (dual-lock + Scorched battery strap holders for example). Just a few things to consider. Additionally you'd need the optional type 56 motor mount plate, but that's not really a big player in the grand scheme of things.
That sucks, i guess i have to wait and see if its possible or not.

I think they said they would release a tray for bigger 8S ESCs like the XLX2 so that should be fine at least!

That sucks, i guess i have to wait and see if its possible or not.

I think they said they would release a tray for bigger 8S ESCs like the XLX2 so that should be fine at least!
Personally, I just saw the tray off the electronics box which affords you more freedom to position both the ESC and the electronics box. There's no good reason why they must be right next to one another. All this does really is increase the footprint of both items and decrease positional flexibility. The XLX2 has the advantage of having 4 screw holes in the bottom so you can just bolt it directly to the chassis. The tray, to my mind, is just fluff that unnecessarily robs you of real estate, particularly on a chassis like the Limitless where space is already at a premium, particularly if you're trying to squeeze a coke can motor, a large ESC and 8S power under the hood.

You don't need a tray for the esc. Folks seem to be over thinking this way to much. Pick a spot in the chassis and then use 3M Duel lock Velcro or VHB double sided tape to mount the ESC . As mentioned if the motor doesn't fit one way turn the motor mount around and sacrifice one of the battery trays. It's all been done on the V1 already.

Stop nitpicking and place your orders . :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Or are ya'll trying to talk your selves out of ordering one.

Think in September I may have to order a few parts from the V2 and install them on my V1.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about putting in either a TP 5650 1720 sensored or tp 5660 1460kv. Decisions!!

Btw, did they state the exact release date?

I'm thinking about putting in either a TP 5650 1720 sensored or tp 5660 1460kv. Decisions!!

Btw, did they state the exact release date?
Based on how spectacular the 4s release was, I would say next December. lol

JK Amain expects to get them August 9th.
9894BA89-39A0-4A7A-A1F7-C0B5F96B452B.png

Based on how spectacular the 4s release was, I would say next December. lol

JK Amain expects to get them August 9th.
View attachment 233020
Thats awesome, I was expecting end of the month. I just got an awesome deal on it too. Canceled my pre order and used the 10% discount to order it again. I don't even know where all these loyalty points came from but I'm not complaining.

limitlessv2 lowprce.png

So they give you less (body not painted) and charge more. :unsure:
I mean if you want to get technical, don't GP5 diffs cost more than the ones in the v1 limitless? That new spool has to be worth more too. Aren't the Safe D input cups new for the v2 as well? Seems great to me, especially when you factor in the fact that we are pretty much in a recession right now and everything has gone up in price.

Didnt know about the different differentials, was there an issue with the V1 differentials? I have no idea. I remember when the limitless was on sale for $300. Wish I grabbed one now. I hate painting bodies so for me its a deal breaker. I actually just looked at the Limitless today at the locl hobby shop. They had the Traxxas Xo 100 mph car too.

Didnt know about the different differentials, was there an issue with the V1 differentials? I have no idea. I remember when the limitless was on sale for $300. Wish I grabbed one now. I hate painting bodies so for me its a deal breaker. I actually just looked at the Limitless today at the locl hobby shop. They had the Traxxas Xo 100 mph car too.
They were a lower gear ratio 3.3 and the new ones are 3.0.

I think the gp5 diffs are about 15 mph faster than the diffs in the v1 limitless if both cars have same pinion/spur. I actually just recently got into painting bodies and I'm still only doing the basic 1 color thing but it's so easy to at least do that much. All you need is a few cans and you can easily at least have a solid color. Kind of hard to mess up a solid color too.

This limitless body is actually going to be my real first attempt at doing a 2 color paint job. I plan on copying what they did in the limitless v2 manual as they have a whole section on painting the body in there. :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back