Arrma Limitless V2 thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd pick a 4070 over the castle 1717 all day. I think an mmx8s is more than enough for a 4070 geared for 100 mph. My Limitless Jota is geared for 80 mph on 6s. I've only tried it on 8s once and I didn't have any problems and 8s made it 107 mph.

If you want to bash on 8s like that I think it really depends on how you drive. I think motor temps would be more worrisome than esc temps. I use a 3s battery connected to 12v fan on my tp 4070 cm 2200kv so I don't have any problems with motor temps.

You could also go lower kv, I think the 1700kv would do well for the task.
What was your ripple?

What was your ripple?
I don't remember tbh. I know the only time I've ever "worried" about it being too high is when I had an mmx8s with a tp 5660 1356kv Or was it the 5670 1270kv? it was one of them! in my traxxas XRT. 1/6th scale truck. It's supposed to be under 10% of the max voltage right? I was real close to 10% with that truck but never that high with anything else nor have I ever even been given a real reason to look at the stat on my data log if I'm being honest.

I just see everyone say you need one with the mmx8s but I've never seen why. I run a lot of mmx8s + TP motors too but I don't run 8s that often and I don't really try to go past 100 mph. I dunno if that has anything to do with it or not though.

As far as I am aware, most serious speedrunners buy a GT chassis that can fit different chassis layouts. Many also buy a different MM. I think the limitless v2 isn't superior unless you just have an xlx2 combo but don't want to spend too much on speedrunning.
Every time I see someone’s rc go up in flames and 50% totaled, I appreciate what I have a little more each time.

I definitely agree the v2 upgrades are nice for speed runners. The v1 does come stock with a spool but it's 100x easier to use a center diff on the v1 compared to the v2. You'd be surprised how many people buy a limitless to bash and only dip their toes into speed running. Hell, I have 3 limitless and haven't actually speed run any of them yet. I plan to eventually though! :ROFLMAO:

Personally, I think it's worth reversing the mount on the v1 to fit whatever motor you want and easily have room for the xlx2 up front in the old motor location. I'm actually thinking about doing that to my v1 right now to mount an xlx2. I also have one of those t2t esc mounts as well.

I do like my v2 more though, the gp5 diffs are a nice change.
V1? Didn’t have a spool?!?!

What was your ripple?
Me🤷‍♂️ on my felony it was my first ARRMA platform so I have two rocket fans running off the receiver along with a couple led lights thought and a digital temp probe and no extra cappacks and I didn’t start learning how to read logs until just 7 months ago so I know what needs to be done but if I recall the ripple may have been around 2.1v my best road only let me reach 93mph with like 600 feet runway so I have to run it hard.
I don't remember tbh. I know the only time I've ever "worried" about it being too high is when I had an mmx8s with a tp 5660 1356kv Or was it the 5670 1270kv? it was one of them! in my traxxas XRT. 1/6th scale truck. It's supposed to be under 10% of the max voltage right? I was real close to 10% with that truck but never that high with anything else nor have I ever even been given a real reason to look at the stat on my data log if I'm being honest.

I just see everyone say you need one with the mmx8s but I've never seen why. I run a lot of mmx8s + TP motors too but I don't run 8s that often and I don't really try to go past 100 mph. I dunno if that has anything to do with it or not though.
… yes I’ve been researching closely and an rc enthusiast would have to compromise some kv in order to choose between two motors. Both 8s but one is 32v max and the other is 38v max. It’s like a 200kv difference. The max watt rating on the motor is what tells you if you have over geared the motor. If your logs showed you a wattage that is greater than factory specifications, you need to gear it down, or change your driving style or look at what you did in your logs. See at what part of the acceleration curve that happened and fix it.

I would imagine most ppl just worry about their esc being able to handle more watts than what the motor says it can draw, but I’m not educated enough to know anything about bending rules or just further knowledge on that matter.
My v1 has a spool, I didnt count the teeth but it’s probable 32-34

Last edited:
I'd pick a 4070 over the castle 1717 all day. I think an mmx8s is more than enough for a 4070 geared for 100 mph. My Limitless Jota is geared for 80 mph on 6s. I've only tried it on 8s once and I didn't have any problems and 8s made it 107 mph.

If you want to bash on 8s like that I think it really depends on how you drive. I think motor temps would be more worrisome than esc temps. I use a 3s battery connected to 12v fan on my tp 4070 cm 2200kv so I don't have any problems with motor temps.

You could also go lower kv, I think the 1700kv would do well for the task. Most of my on road rigs are geared for about 85 mph on 6s
This has all been great talk. I’m glad to have you guys on here.
V1 had a spool, but it was the same size as the diff, so the driver could buy a diff and swap it. The v2 has a long end on the spool making diffs not fit.
Will an AM Pinocchio spool fit the v2?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back