Arrma making changes on Kraton 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, BUT what about all us early adopters, who also paid a privileged for it! I'm not concerned about the TX i quiet like the DX2e, but the rest............well, lets see how much they appreciate us testing it and reporting back.

I sure got ignored when i emailed them on release day about my concerns........

Agreed, BUT what about all us early adopters, who also paid a privileged for it! I'm not concerned about the TX i quiet like the DX2e, but the rest............well, lets see how much they appreciate us testing it and reporting back.

im an early adopter too, i have 2 of them, lol/ I since bought Just bash it and M2C chassis and supports. just glad they are innovating and improving.

I think in a perfect world the following should happen:

If you have a defective DX2e you should be able to get a new DX3 as a replacement. The old transmitter must be returned.

Anyone who bought the first run K8S should be able to contact Horizon, provide proof of purchase, and receive all the parts necessary to upgrade to the new bracing.

Spot on!

If this was 12 months down the line after multiple production and supply runs, i would view it differently.

As it stands, so close to release, this isn't an upgrade, its a repair. I genuinely applaud them for looking at it, lets just hope they do the right thing by us, like we have been doing with them through thick and thin.

Wait.....But I heard some people say there wasnt any issues with the K8s. weird. Good thing they are starting to fix things. too bad for us early adopters. I've also seen that someone received a dx3e instead of the 2e

I'm still waiting on a response a week and a half later.

Wait.....But I heard some people say there wasnt any issues with the K8s. weird. Good thing they are starting to fix things. too bad for us early adopters. I've also seen that someone received a dx3e instead of the 2e

I'm still waiting on a response a week and a half later.
No issues? Every RC has issues. 4 versions later and the 6S trucks still have issues ?

Anyone have any pictures of this. There was a poster last night who’s k8s came with the dx3 but I don’t remember who he was and I can’t find the post...wanted him to take pics of his rig and see if anything else looks different.

Anyone have any pictures of this. There was a poster last night who’s k8s came with the dx3 but I don’t remember who he was and I can’t find the post...wanted him to take pics of his rig and see if anything else looks different.
It's the very first thread right now. @Jimbobjr

Anybody else wish they would just fix the chassis instead of bolting 30 braces to it? seems like a backwards way of thinking. I'm pretty sure my 1/8 buggy has a stronger chassis. sorry if I sound salty but wtf. And here come 5 people to tell me that a 4mm 6061 chassis on a 30lb truck is smart (same folks running the 9mm ones). I am glad that arrma is listening to the real hobbyists and not the fan boys but I don't understand their method of madness.

Last edited:
What do you think of the new design?
I like the rear brace but would prefer to isolate the center drive with at least one brace from it going right to the chassis. With the stock chassis flex collapsing the towers toward the drive unit and the aluminum braces attached to them both puts a great deal of stress on the diff/drive housing. there's been a couple brace supports broken on youtube and the rear one is molded into the drive casing. Front one is not too bad to replace, just one bolt but the motor mount needs to be removed.

Dividing the top brace has me wondering what they are doing. The brace wont bend there but the flex will still be going on right? I would like to see it in person. Its kind of hard to guess by looking at the pictures. Nice to see they are moving forward, heavy bashing will still require a better chassis though. This will hopefully make the whole car more durable for most of us. My car will be an evolving project, as problems arise they will be delt with. I cant find the part#'s for the new bracing, I wanted to see what they cost.

its always best just to call Horizon. Emails will get you almost nowhere. They get too many to answer in the same week let alone the same day, and you also give them the option to not respond... Call service, give them your number, get a friendly person calling you back in an hour and a half or so. I cant complain about the service they have given me on my K8s the couple claims Ive had.

Anybody else wish they would just fix the chassis instead of bolting 30 braces to it? seems like a backwards way of thinking. I'm pretty sure my 1/8 buggy has a stronger chassis. sorry if I sound salty but wtf. And here come 5 people to tell me that a 4mm 6061 chassis on a 30lb truck is smart (same folks running the 9mm ones). I am glad that arrma is listening to the real hobbyists and not the fan boys but I don't understand their method of madness.
What thread?

Never mind I think I found it.

Truck is built to a price point. It's $899. While many would pay $1100 for it if it came with a 7075 chassis even more wouldn't. Hell people were complaining about the $899.

I should buy 10 of these along with the M2C chassis. I'll swap the chassis in, add a 23t pinion and charge $1350. I'll call it the Kraton 8S BicketyBam edition.

Truck is built to a price point. It's $899. While many would pay $1100 for it if it came with a 7075 chassis even more wouldn't. Hell people were complaining about the $899.

I should buy 10 of these along with the M2C chassis. I'll swap the chassis in, add a 23t pinion and charge $1350. I'll call it the Kraton 8S BicketyBam edition.
Imagine what they could sell if everybody had your attitude. The only reason they're updating it is because people complained. If everybody hopped on the fan boy bandwagon then nobody would ever fix faulty stuff.

The gas pedal in my car sticks but Toyota is the greatest of all time. if they made a pedal that didnt stick it wouldn't fit in their price point.

sometimes a design change can be both lucrative and engineered correctly. like adding 1mm to a chassis and being able to get rid of the center t2t brace. Or making a part more solid so that you don't lose sales and have to ship free replacements.

Did you even run the stock chassis? or did you replace it right away because you knew it was flawwed?

Last edited:
Imagine what they could sell if everybody had your attitude. The only reason they're updating it is because people complained. If everybody hopped on the fan boy bandwagon then nobody would ever fix faulty stuff.

The gas pedal in my car sticks but Toyota is the greatest of all time. if they made a pedal that didnt stick it wouldn't fit in their price point.
That's the worst analogy I've seen in a long time ? Good God, try harder next time ???

sometimes a design change can be both lucrative and engineered correctly. like adding 1mm to a chassis and being able to get rid of the center t2t brace. Or making a part more solid so that you don't lose sales and have to ship free replacements.

Did you even run the stock chassis? or did you replace it right away because you knew it was flawwed?

Hard to keep up with you when you keep editing and adding on to your posts.

Yes, I ran the stock chassis. I have a video of it that has over 13,000 views. But I had planned on buying an aftermarket chassis as soon as one was available and this was before I even had my hands in the truck. Why? Because I knew that for $899 I wasn't getting a 7075 chassis from Arrma. And also because of how I bash and the fact that I've bent EVERY 6S Arrma chassis that I own including the Mojave I just bought. It's just the way it is. I just factor in an M2C chassis as part of the cost when I buy an Arrma (even though I'm going to try and get away with the stock Mojave chassis). Also, if you think this K8S chassis is flawes then you have to think every other 6S Arrma chassis is flawed. Personally I think the bracing for the K8S was flawed and that's what they fixed. It can also be fixed with $30 worth of CF tubing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back