Arrma Metal Diff Case ARA310975

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megasty

RC Mod-Father
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 8s
  10. Outcast 6s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Talion
I've been waiting for this for an eternity. I had to rebuild the diffs on my RTR Kraton 5 or 6 times because of cracked cases. I dropped in the GPM cases just as a temporary fix. Since they are all aluminum, they would eventually wear out when the bearing or output cup ruins the metal they come into contact with. So when Arrma's case finally showed up, I got them for all 3 rigs. Just like the 6s cup, it's by far the best upgrade option. I threw them in my EXB first so I took a few shots of it.

20210411_053833.jpg
20210411_054053.jpg

I can't tell whether the aluminum is 6061 or 7075 thanks to the anodizing but neither can Arrma so who cares :ROFLMAO: It's still very high quality regardless but the star of the show is the harden steel cover. This is not some nasty pot metal, but a fully billet machined piece. Arrma can definitely do stuff like this if they want to.

20210411_060339.jpg

The stock diff is somewhat coated in 100k front & rear. This is why you see so many blown tires & ridiculous diffing out to one side while turning & during airborne auto-correct attempts.

20210411_061024.jpg

It's a good idea to remove the old fluid even if you're replacing with the same stuff. I used to be crazy anal about this when I buggy raced. I would use a car parts solvent & a toothbrush. But this is a basher, so a microfiber towel can remove most of it without getting any of it's material on the parts.

20210411_060651.jpg

Also you want to rub some of the old diff fluid on the new seal (middle) to lube it before putting it on the cup. You can reuse the old seal (left} if it's in good shape. The right is the new seal w/o any lube.

20210411_062725.jpg

I use 1 million cst, front & rear. It really keeps the car straight when launching & keeps the tires on the ground when turning under power. It's a bit of a pain to get out the bottle so I use a large flathead screwdriver.

20210411_063054.jpg

The cup screws are m3.5 -3.5mm- (left) compared to a m4 (right). SO DON'T LOSE THEM. Do whatever you can to keep track of them. Magnetize bits, parts holders, bear-grip them while handling, pray :LOL:, ANYTHING :ROFLMAO: Trying to find a 10.9 or 12.9 m3.5x16 countersunk hex is not something I would wish on anyone.

20210411_053511.jpg

The end result is beautiful, almost too good to be true - Now I just have to do it for the other two . . .

Very nice post! I think you can get a little more grease on that ring gear in the last pic. It looks a little dry. :ROFLMAO:
You don't want to see my 6s EXB, I'll just tell you it didn't help at all :cry:

Did you add blue Loctite to the screws?
Yep, a VERY small amount of blue loctite. For some reason, even blue loctite can lock up Arrma's metal. Only use red if you NEVER want to open it EVER again. Arrma used green marine loctite (more permanent than red in most cases) on the V1 RTR and it was a disaster.

I've been waiting for this for an eternity. I had to rebuild the diffs on my RTR Kraton 5 or 6 times because of cracked cases. I dropped in the GPM cases just as a temporary fix. Since they are all aluminum, they would eventually wear out when the bearing or output cup ruins the metal they come into contact with. So when Arrma's case finally showed up, I got them for all 3 rigs. Just like the 6s cup, it's by far the best upgrade option. I threw them in my EXB first so I took a few shots of it.

View attachment 138899View attachment 138900
I can't tell whether the aluminum is 6061 or 7075 thanks to the anodizing but neither can Arrma so who cares :ROFLMAO: It's still very high quality regardless but the star of the show is the harden steel cover. This is not some nasty pot metal, but a fully billet machined piece. Arrma can definitely do stuff like this if they want to.

View attachment 138905
The stock diff is somewhat coated in 100k front & rear. This is why you see so many blown tires & ridiculous diffing out to one side while turning & during airborne auto-correct attempts.

View attachment 138906
It's a good idea to remove the old fluid even if you're replacing with the same stuff. I used to be crazy anal about this when I buggy raced. I would use a car parts solvent & a toothbrush. But this is a basher, so a microfiber towel can remove most of it without getting any of it's material on the parts.

View attachment 138909
Also you want to rub some of the old diff fluid on the new seal (middle) to lube it before putting it on the cup. You can reuse the old seal (left} if it's in good shape. The right is the new seal w/o any lube.

View attachment 138911
I use 1 million cst, front & rear. It really keeps the car straight when launching & keeps the tires on the ground when turning under power. It's a bit of a pain to get out the bottle so I use a large flathead screwdriver.

View attachment 138912
The cup screws are m3.5 -3.5mm- (left) compared to a m4 (right). SO DON'T LOSE THEM. Do whatever you can to keep track of them. Magnetize bits, parts holders, bear-grip them while handling, pray :LOL:, ANYTHING :ROFLMAO: Trying to find a 10.9 or 12.9 m3.5x16 countersunk hex is not something I would wish on anyone.

View attachment 138914
The end result is beautiful, almost too good to be true - Now I just have to do it for the other two . . .

I just ordered my metal diff cases, have you had any issues with them?

these metal diffs are around for some time? why did you had to wait that long?

these metal diffs are around for some time? why did you had to wait that long?

They were on back order for 6 months immediately after release, and finally shipped out recently..

interessting. I bought them allready in 2019. Back order is common now. Everything seams to be out of recources.
Not to offend anyone or so I just find it interessting how things are distributed all over the world.

View attachment 138905

View attachment 138906

View attachment 138909

View attachment 138911

View attachment 138912

View attachment 138914
That rig needs the M2C hinge pin retainers. 😁👍.

View attachment 138905

View attachment 138906

View attachment 138909

View attachment 138911

View attachment 138912

View attachment 138914
Just ordered 4 of them. Should I run the GPM ones for a couple of months or a few times first since I just installed the damn things? 😅

Last edited:
interessting. I bought them allready in 2019. Back order is common now. Everything seams to be out of recources.
Not to offend anyone or so I just find it interessting how things are distributed all over the world.
For the 8s models?

That rig needs the M2C hinge pin retainers. 😁👍.

Just ordered 4 of them. Should I run the GPM ones for a couple of months or a few times first since I just installed the damn things? 😅
My MT is mostly M2C including the retainers. I have the GPMs in my MT too & they have held up great for nearly a year - I really don't feel like going into that rear bulkhead, I wish Vitavon came out with theirs before GPM. I was sitting up with a ruined rear everything so I had to rebuild it with something. I would still rather wait for a local solution before having $700 worth of bulkheads sit in customs for 2 months . . . I'm not touching the thing until in have to. It's not like the diff cases are going anywhere.

For the 8s models?
oh where was written its for the 8S models. Damn musta overread it. Sorry of course not.
would have to ask the only place which is selling it at the moment, when they started selling it.
But will propably be around the same time.

oh where was written its for the 8S models. Damn musta overread it. Sorry of course not.
would have to ask the only place which is selling it at the moment, when they started selling it.
But will propably be around the same time.
Hehe. You probably forgot you are in the Arrma 8s side of the forums.

Me too. I guess just change them after a few months or a few runs since they tend to wear out the shims behind the planetary gears with time. They don't have a metal insert that the Arrma ones do (at least that's what I'm understanding).

I’ve just got an EXB and looking for these diff cases . Only managed to find 1
Does anyone know where I can get another ???

Cracked cases? Like you cracked the plastic diff cup? Never considered that issue on my 6S. So it looks like the Arrma metal diff case is superior to the GPM or other aftermarket ones? I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever get a cracked diff cup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back