Kraton Arrma Minokawa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truevine

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Im a newby with a kraton blx ver2. My tire split and spat out its stuffings today. I was running stock with 16t on 4s turnigy hd 3300mah 60c. The Minokawa tires balloined and burst on 4s! I did have about 3 runs on turnigy hd 6s 4000mah 60c.

Can anyone recommend an equivalent that does not balloon as much?

IMG_6720.JPG
Im a newby with a kraton blx ver2. My tire split and spat out its stuffings today. I was running stock with 16t on 4s turnigy hd 3300mah 60c. The Minokawa tires balloined and burst on 4s! I did have about 3 runs on turnigy hd 6s 4000mah 60c.

A lot of Kraton owners are running the outcast backflip tires, in running Redcat Avalanche tires wrapped with 80lb braided fishing line. But you must run a bead of tire glue on each line. I'll include a pic and a video I did on another truck

Really ?? Faulty tyre maybe ???
I was at the bmx track this arvo... 2x2s Turnigy 6000... And redback 2s 5000.
Went through 3 lots of packs, about 45 min straight only stopping to change batteries and no problems at all.

The backflips from the outcast are supposed to be good on the kraton... I'll be swapping to those myself when the stockers wear out :)

Could also be a faulty tire, especially since you are running 4s. I had one blow apart when mine was new, Arrma gave me a new set.

Src roadcrusher or src terrain crusher...kevlar belted no ballooning...awesome :)

View attachment 6292
A lot of Kraton owners are running the outcast backflip tires, in running Redcat Avalanche tires wrapped with 80lb braided fishing line. But you must run a bead of tire glue on each line. I'll include a pic and a video I did on another truck
Ingenious and simple! Nice!

Src roadcrusher or src terrain crusher...kevlar belted no ballooning...awesome :)
Thanks! Ill look them up. Why arent more people using belted tires?

Nice! How are the rims holding up? How does it handle on gravel and grass? Your light bar is dope. The bumper doesn't block the light beam? What light bar is that? I just ordered this lighting kit from towerhobbies - http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEYEM.

Roadcrusher on gravel is like bambi on ice....don't try it hehe
No problems with rims
Ledbar is not blocked and its bright as hell...led bar is proline 6" ledbar....as strong as the sun on 12v....check my photos on vids to see it in action ;)

Terra crushers are great tires for the ground. No ballooning. U will also loose speed from stock. I use them on Nero for blasting on ground. Pavement or dirt. I have seen threads that claim they are heavier than stock, but I weighed them slightly less. Look very nice and I don't think they are directional so they can be rotated.

I have the terrain Crushers and while they perform great on asphalt and dirt, I am scared that the lack of sidewall reduces the cushion that the stocks or other MT tire wheel combos offer. I noticed on the jumps, that the car seemed to be landing really hard, on the crushers compared to stock.

SRC tires are smaller diameter than stock ARRMA tires. You would need to up your pinion pretty good to get the same speed. They seem to be good on the road, and maybe packed dirt, but not nearly the grip of the Backflips, which are similar to Proline Badlands (also smaller diameter). There are a couple things I might try in the future; Proline Mashers, new Proline Badlands MX38, Duratrax Six Pack look cool too, all are bigger diameter tires. Backflips are doing what I want for now. Haven't blown one out.

Good question
They are really awesome haven't tried terrain crushers yet tho
How'd you install that light bar and can i get a link to ourchase one?

I have the terrain Crushers and while they perform great on asphalt and dirt, I am scared that the lack of sidewall reduces the cushion that the stocks or other MT tire wheel combos offer. I noticed on the jumps, that the car seemed to be landing really hard, on the crushers compared to stock.
They will crack i don't think low profiles are made for jumps that is pretty much common sense there is no beef or rubber to cushion jumping if i were gonna bash i would switch them out every time

Roadcrusher on gravel is like bambi on ice....don't try it hehe
No problems with rims
Ledbar is not blocked and its bright as hell...led bar is proline 6" ledbar....as strong as the sun on 12v....check my photos on vids to see it in action ;)
Link me

Added some silicone around the cut hole cause thinking of the wire and a flexing body...very bright on 9v as you can see :)

The broken holes are from i hit something with a damaged bumper and bumper just shattered and it pushed it through the holes on one side :)
I used 4 axial posts of some metal to be able to mount it, i don't remember the partnr hehe

Edit axial posts part nr #AXA1423

Attachments

• 20170214_012829.jpg
    20170214_012829.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20170214_012436.jpg
    20170214_012436.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20170214_012447.jpg
    20170214_012447.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 49
Added some silicone around the cut hole cause thinking of the wire and a flexing body...very bright on 9v as you can see :)

The broken holes are from i hit something with a damaged bumper and bumper just shattered and it pushed it through the holes on one side :)
I used 4 axial posts of some metal to be able to mount it, i don't remember the partnr hehe

Edit axial posts part nr #AXA1423
Genius how you used thise axial posts great idea okay i have some posts i could use and they are red great design on getting it attatched

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back