Outcast Arrma Modular Diff case ARA220050

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtGhost08

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Has anyone tried these new diff cases? I think they look awesome. I will be getting my outcast soon and have heard of the center diff case melting so I would like to upgrade. I am just curious if people have used these vs the Hot Racing modular case or machined case. Thanks everyone!

i honestly don't see the point of them. that case is not something that ever fails.

if they are going to make non-standard upgrade parts, i wish they would look at stuff that actually has high failure rates
  1. input gear + spiral gear combo
  2. wheelie bar
  3. a arms

Has anyone tried these new diff cases? I think they look awesome. I will be getting my outcast soon and have heard of the center diff case melting so I would like to upgrade. I am just curious if people have used these vs the Hot Racing modular case or machined case. Thanks everyone!
Get the hot racing one they are better

I don't have specifics, but I believe people who had tried these were not very impressed.
I suspect it was a solution to address the melting diffs, but HR has had an aftermarket solution for years and has been proven reliable/problem free.

Are the hot racing modular diff cups good, or are you better off with the machined Hot Racing diff cup?
This is the one I’m referring to

Attachments

• 8840CD79-5525-4702-8178-2FC5E0CD98F5.png
    8840CD79-5525-4702-8178-2FC5E0CD98F5.png
    580.7 KB · Views: 46
i honestly don't see the point of them. that case is not something that ever fails.

if they are going to make non-standard upgrade parts, i wish they would look at stuff that actually has high failure rates
  1. input gear + spiral gear combo
  2. wheelie bar
  3. a arms
0615191756.jpg

Nope, they don't ever fail, ever. Nope. Nope... :ROFLMAO:

0815190222b (Copy).jpg

This is better no matter how you look at it.

View attachment 52996
Nope, they don't ever fail, ever. Nope. Nope... :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 52997
This is better no matter how you look at it.
Better keep am eye on those screws. The ones on the spur side of mine kept backing out. Tried to keep the holes clean during assembly and used a bit of Loctite, but they came loose each and every time. I did only use it in the rear dif. Maybe it holds up better in the center.

Super hvy diff can actually save your diff from "cooking" but this was still my fault. I geared it down & put mx38s on my Outcast so it could wheelie very slowly, forever . . . and it did, until the diff blew up.

Yeah. Tried them. They suck balls. Get something... anything else. You can not shim properly with them and the cup is so shallow that with even red locktite, the screws like to back out.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/issue-with-the-arrma-alloy-diff-cup-seems-too-long.14517/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back