Arrma Mojave Wheel and Tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a LHS that carries FTX parts they are / should be cheaper than the ones on Ali. I have a FTX DR8 and actually sold the tires to aMojave owner because I wanted bigger tires for more stability.
?

Last edited:
In a LHS that carries FTX parts they are / should be cheaper than the ones on Ali. I have a FTX DR8 and actually sold the tires to aMojave owner because I wanted bigger tires for more stability.
?
The size is the same only a little bit wider it won’t ripe the body

The size is the same only a little bit wider it won’t ripe the body
What's the internal diameter of the rim compared to OEM Mojave wheels? Rubbing with 2.2/3.0 SCT rims is not uncommon in the rear, and these look like 3.0s...

Hope that this helps you DRpepper!?

3B6BDBBD-E7EF-44F9-ABE3-42ABF867676D.jpeg

766F0168-59B0-49F0-AB96-57FC0C24F299.jpeg

1A4CA5FD-5721-4746-9AD4-1513577D971D.jpeg

E579D2C1-27B5-42E3-9D28-999F79A019A1.jpeg

2A48FCF9-461F-400C-898B-30B77E0A9F42.jpeg

DF03FB17-E794-456A-967A-6448F9D817D2.jpeg

2C443D7D-3AF4-4FEF-8ED1-9BD1CCB3EFDC.jpeg

My Mojave V2 behaves like one Drifting Car after Mamba 1717 8s Monster Combo.

Need better wheels.
2.2/3.2 stock size or 1/8 Truggy wheels, Any suggestions?
I like to have wheels inside body for Protection , size like the stock ones, wideness, diameter, offset
17mm hex

Does anyone know of wheels and tires for the Mojave other than the 6s Katars?
I can’t believe they didn’t update the wheels when they made the 2020 version. Mine keep rounding out the hexes and I can’t afford to buy new wheels every other run. It’s ridiculous.
U need to get the m2c plus 2 adapters

hi everyone, so I bigblocked my ebb with a 4985 hw max6 set up but haven't done more then maddened it with a few packs. It seems to need a lot of suspension tuning with the added weight along with some better tires. I actually really like the mohave tires on my buggies, but they are small for the Mohave and I run in some rocky grassy terrain, after a single run in one of my usual semi rocky spots the a arms where knocked up worse then I would have thought. I bought a pair of meted Katar Tallons as these seem to be the go to a d ordered some of the m2c hub extenders in 5 mm....
now just thinking maybe I should have gotten the plus 2mm instead.
I never thought about running 2.8's until this article, just thought they would rub the body too much. I have a set of 2.8 six-packs in 17mm coming for another rig, maybe I will give them a shot, you all finding your body's not rubbing or only needing minor trimming?

How did those workout? I need tires and like how those look.
They worked out great. Crazy grip n cushion. The offset is a tad too wide so I bailed on em. I keep going back to proline trencher LP.

I just put a set of the belted 3.8 lockups Mt’s for my Hobao hyper plus 2 because the stock tires where just about the size of stock x-max tires on a 7th scale rig and as soon as you got moving would diff ballooning the fronts like crazy, then to make matters worse they are literally the most unbalanced tires I have ever seen. So I wanted something that would stay composed and together holding up a heavy ass truck prone to spinning the fronts. I have to say those lockup’s super sturdy and seem ideal for big power applications. I know there’s a big difference between the tire in a 2.8 and 3.8, but I tried several other 3.8’s on the truck and the difference was night and day. I was thinking about ordering the low profiles but I don’t feel like trimming more of that pretty body and even set as high as it goes with big offset wheels I think it rubs during heach braking and other high g maneuvers.
it’s always a trade off between going taller and wider to get the most of the size And power of the truck but then you have to deal with either traction roll or have body rubbing issues. I actually like the way the stock fortress power slide instead of flipping on lower traction terrain, but then as soon as I run a pack in rocky or thick grassy areas I feel like as great as the truck is, it’s not as versatile as a kraton.
don't get me wrong, I love the truck, it a beautiful beast and I will pretty much drive anything Arrma makes without a brushed motor and there’s the typical benefits to a sct like virtual indestructibility. i think it’s more that the Mohave doesn’t reep as much of the benefits of my overkill big power EXB build like my EXB outcast 8s or even my big Hobao mt plus 2. those two rigs, while maybe not the most nimble trucks I have ( the Hobao can’t turn inside a football field at any speed above a brisk walk!) can lay down the power and remain stable and upright at any speed even going over a pile of bricks full throttle.
I just ordered the parts to rebuild one of my older kratons into a kraton XL. Maybe I the max 8 combo I had planned for another project into the Mohave and use it as it was intended!
doesn’t get of the

I just put a set of the belted 3.8 lockups Mt’s for my Hobao hyper plus 2 because the stock tires where just about the size of stock x-max tires on a 7th scale rig and as soon as you got moving would diff ballooning the fronts like crazy, then to make matters worse they are literally the most unbalanced tires I have ever seen. So I wanted something that would stay composed and together holding up a heavy ass truck prone to spinning the fronts. I have to say those lockup’s super sturdy and seem ideal for big power applications. I know there’s a big difference between the tire in a 2.8 and 3.8, but I tried several other 3.8’s on the truck and the difference was night and day. I was thinking about ordering the low profiles but I don’t feel like trimming more of that pretty body and even set as high as it goes with big offset wheels I think it rubs during heach braking and other high g maneuvers.
it’s always a trade off between going taller and wider to get the most of the size And power of the truck but then you have to deal with either traction roll or have body rubbing issues. I actually like the way the stock fortress power slide instead of flipping on lower traction terrain, but then as soon as I run a pack in rocky or thick grassy areas I feel like as great as the truck is, it’s not as versatile as a kraton.
don't get me wrong, I love the truck, it a beautiful beast and I will pretty much drive anything Arrma makes without a brushed motor and there’s the typical benefits to a sct like virtual indestructibility. i think it’s more that the Mohave doesn’t reep as much of the benefits of my overkill big power EXB build like my EXB outcast 8s or even my big Hobao mt plus 2. those two rigs, while maybe not the most nimble trucks I have ( the Hobao can’t turn inside a football field at any speed above a brisk walk!) can lay down the power and remain stable and upright at any speed even going over a pile of bricks full throttle.
I just ordered the parts to rebuild one of my older kratons into a kraton XL. Maybe I the max 8 combo I had planned for another project into the Mohave and use it as it was intended!
doesn’t get of the
Not really sure what i just read..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back