Arrma Motor Bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sash

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi Guys

After my 6th or so run on my new arrma typhon 3s, my one motor bearing failed however little damage was done to the motor. one of the bearins had its seal and balls disentegrated by the armature. I had sent an email to arrma support but got zero response from them. unable to buy a new motor, I cleaned up the armature and bought a new bearing. All seems good now but not sure if I am lacking some performance on it.

Anyone else experienced similiar issue with their car?

It's quite common... some blame the factory motor mount.. some blame the bearing quality... some blame the spur for being slightly off center and oblong creating different mesh from one side of the gear to the other .. fact is the failure does happen regardless of the cause... horizon should honor the motor under warranty but you must call them.. I've never received a return email from them no matter how many times I've emailed..

Factory gear mesh is tight which is probably the cause. I’ve sunk my granite in nasty water multiple times and haven’t changed bearings yet.

In my experiences, getting them on the phone gets the fastest and most satisfactory results. I emailed em once too but no response. I decided my issue wouldn't be covered under warranty anyway so I just forgot about it. In your case, I know they'll replace your motor under warranty.

1571335981440.png

Hi guys.

I tried calling several times with no luck. Unfortunately I am calling from South Africa so cannot stay on hold forever. The call costs are extreme! What other options do I have?Going nuts on social media seems like the only option and I am tryingto avoid that.

Hi guys.

I tried calling several times with no luck. Unfortunately I am calling from South Africa so cannot stay on hold forever. The call costs are extreme! What other options do I have?Going nuts on social media seems like the only option and I am tryingto avoid that.
Use the call back option if you have it. And at this point just get ceramic bearing for your motor the stock ones are meh. The besring sizes are 5x13x4
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/5x13x4mm-Ce...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
If the motor still runs fine without any issues reusse the motor but if doesn't work proprely maybe go to an hobby shop and tell them your issue and if they can call horizon or something. In america they are pretty easy to get hold of

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back