Arrma Nero Big Jumps and fail.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow...took a beating before failure...surely the nero community confidence is growing. ...between your vids and TP-PARTS videos. ..questions about durability should be on the decline...

wow...took a beating before failure...surely the nero community confidence is growing. ...between your vids and TP-PARTS videos. ..questions about durability should be on the decline...
I agree with you. I have friends with HPI and Revo's who wouldn't even try those ramps. Arrma has the best built truggies and trucks for 1/8 scale at least.

Well i highly doubt that ther are any undamaged shockrod ends or pushrod ends... probably should have a look beacuse they are going to break... i jump mine no where near like that and break rod enda all the time... i do small jumps and its broken i land well and have adjusted shocks and still breaking. 70 wt oil in front 60wt in rear ive broken several shock rod ends and pushrod ends, if not broken they are on verge of fail streched out and warped out of shape... im dissapointed seems every 2 runs something breaks now my servo decided to not work properly. Does not center when turned on and only turns one way and stays there... it is removed from the truck and same thing i thought maybe my servo saver was stuck but nop bad servo... i will send it in and wait for new servo mean while i will be getting a better stronger servo. Seems like every time i take it out its breaking... rod ends are no big deal i have plenty of spares i have ordered extra of everything. I like the nero but it definatly needs rpm to make some better ends... or some one needs to find a replacement that is better...

If you check the vids I found on YouTube in "interesting vids torture test nero".. thread...in the description..the guy mentions using revo rod ends shock ends...and he has not had a failure. ..just a thought...

I have sourced some alum ends...but I need to order and check out some clearances...

hmmm...yeah...not sure on the details of what he may have done to make it work...I will have to check the vid description again...
I would love to know as well... i gotta get some time been busey summer so far, i love my nero and wish it could jump like kraton and not break... im ordering new servos for kraton and nero very soon... found savox 444 oz/in servo for 69.99 shipped to my door step...

I tried revo rods and ends they don't work... at least the ones i tried did not work...

yeah...he just says revo shock rod ends...will check at the hobby shop for some....maybe he ones he got were close in size...maybe drilling it out a bit made it work...maybe the revo shock rod ends are of thicker better plastic...

I will tackle this as soon as I tear the nero down for maintenance. ..coming up very soon ...

will order the aluminum and see if they fit...if not...the extreme solution is..cad...machine out and modify...but then I can't help but wonder...what the next breaking point will be...(will have to make more than one set for a forum member test)...

I haven't had one break yet...but I'm not good enough to launch these big jumps. ..but once I do break one doing something simple...I will be making something that will work in a hurry...

I'm sure we will find an answer for this....

The revo rods I tried to use were aluminum trx rods and the ball ends were to wide to fit in but i had to use balls out of diffrent steering rods so if you were to get stock trx rods with balls and ends they may work. I am going to explore this farther as well. I know he has some stock rods around someplace and they are cheap enuf at lhs if they don't work no big deal. I just remembered i had to remove balls from diffrent rods to put in the ones i tried. Im out of town until tomorrow so monday i will go get stock trx rods and balls.

I tried revo rods and ends they don't work... at least the ones i tried did not work...

I replaced mine with RPM rod ends meant for traxxas and used traxxas balls as well. Just have to widen the hole a little with a drill bit. Worked well for me. Make sure you get the longer version of the rod ends. I'm currently on vacation, will take a picture when I get back next weekend.

I replaced mine with RPM rod ends meant for traxxas and used traxxas balls as well. Just have to widen the hole a little with a drill bit. Worked well for me. Make sure you get the longer version of the rod ends. I'm currently on vacation, will take a picture when I get back next weekend.
Widen the hole that rods screw into? I have some laying around i will try that. I had to do something similar when i got my kraton until the right parts came in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back